997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 Turbo vs GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Banned
HUGH JASS has a spectacular aura aboutHUGH JASS has a spectacular aura about
I love coming into work, sipping a cup of joe, join in on a conf call, all the while scrolling this thread. Life is great

Old 12-03-2009, 09:14 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by heavychevy
HAHA, prove otherwise, that is your favorite phrase huh?

MPSC have been an optional tire or Porsche's for 10 years now, you must not have gotten the memo. The same MPSC that the GT3 rolls on can go on the Turbo.

I've made it clear that I've been talking about MPSC, NOT PS2's this whole time. Stop acting ignorant. But you may not have to act. Stop BEING ignorant.
Sorry Chevy no dice.

http://www.porschehost.com/about.asp?opc=28

Exterior Options

Dynamic cornering lights
£ 458.00

Deletion of model designation
£ 0.00

ParkAssist (parking aid rear)
£ 334.00

Aerokit Turbo
£ 3,490.00

Side skirts in exterior colour
£ 403.00

Rear wiper
£ 0.00

Windscreen with grey top tint
£ 66.00

Electric slide/tilt sunroof
£ 946.00

Roof transport system
£ 209.00

Standard Colour
Metallic Colour
Special Colour
Wheels
Wheel accessories
19 inch Turbo II wheel - £ 0.00

Engine Options

Manual Transmission

LOLOCAUST
7-speed double clutch transmission (Porsche Doppelkupplung - PDK)
£ 2,552.00

LOLOCAUST
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
£ 5,677.00

LOLOCAUST
Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)
£ 863.00

LOLOCAUST
Sport Chrono Package Turbo including dynamic engine mounting
£ 2,629.00

LOLOCAUST
Sport shifter
£ 372.00

Interior Options

HomeLink
£ 186.00

Cruise control
£ 287.00

Heated seats
£ 283.00

Seat ventilation (only i.c.w heated seats)
£ 737.00

Heated steering wheel
£ 151.00

Fire extinguisher
£ 97.00

Floor mats
£ 116.00

Instrument surround painted
£ 198.00

Trim strip switch panel painted
£ 233.00

Standard seat

Leather Interior

Sports seats

Leather Interior

Adaptive sports seats

Leather Interior

Sports Bucket Seats

Sport Seats leather and leather Interior

Standard Color Special Leather Natural Leather Bi-Colour

Interior in Black Options

Black PDK gear selector gate surround
£ 175.00

Interior Leather Options
Soft ruffled leather seat system
£ 237.00

Two-tone leather interior
£ 0.00

Leather interior in natural leather
£ 0.00

Three-spoke multi-function steering wheel
£ 0.00

PDK 3-spoke sports steering wheel with shift paddles
£ 271.00

Additional interior package leather
£ 1,202.00

Instrument surround in leather
£ 198.00

Door finishers in leather
£ 171.00

Steering column casing leather
£ 194.00

Interior Aluminium Options

Aluminium Look three-spoke multi-function steering wheel
£ 198.00

Aluminium Look interior package
£ 1,590.00

Aluminium Look instrument surround
£ 198.00

Aluminium I gear lever and handbrake lever
£ 582.00

Aluminium II gear lever and handbrake lever
£ 698.00

Aluminium PDK gear selector and handbrake lever
£ 582.00

Aluminium II handbrake lever
£ 349.00

Aluminium Look PDK gear selector gate surround
£ 175.00

Aluminium Look rear section of center console

Interior Wood Options

Aluminium Look three-spoke multi-function steering wheel
£ 198.00

Aluminium Look interior package
£ 1,590.00

Aluminium Look instrument surround
£ 198.00

Aluminium I gear lever and handbrake lever
£ 582.00

Aluminium II gear lever and handbrake lever
£ 698.00

Aluminium PDK gear selector and handbrake lever
£ 582.00

Aluminium II handbrake lever
£ 349.00

Aluminium Look PDK gear selector gate surround
£ 175.00

Aluminium Look rear section of center console

Interior Carbon Options

Carbon interior package
£ 566.00

Carbon three-spoke multi-function steering wheel
£ 198.00

Additional carbon interior package
£ 2,676.00

Carbon rear section of center console
£ 694.00

Carbon belt outlet B-pillars
£ 202.00

Carbon door entry guards
£ 341.00

Outer door-sill guards in carbon, illuminated
£ 613

Audio & Comms Options

Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (VTS)
£ 964.00

Telephone option
£ 0.00

Universal audio interface
£ 217.00

CD/DVD autochanger
£ 341.00

Telephone module
£ 512.00

Cordless receiver for telephone module
£ 380.00

TV tuner
£ 1,001.00

Voice control
£ 295.00

Electronic logbook
£ 376.00

Factory Collection Options

LOLOCAUST
Factory collection
£ 1,015.00

These your Michelin Sport Pilot Cups. Slicks with some little slits in them. Sure that's a factory tyre comparable with the GTR's Dunlops.

Last edited by BD-; 12-03-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Got em both, love em both for different reasons, lock the thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:03 AM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
well said vic. appreciate them for what they are, damn

Old 12-03-2009, 10:12 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
KP-knownothing and BD-knownothing

Considering that you are all a bunch of kids who don't know a thing about TRUE track experience, and all you have to go on is magazine articles, I think it's pretty easy to rule out your opinion. You've both been trying to put power to weight theories away for the longest, and now you're saying the GT-R SHOULD have a tire advantage?

That doesn't make the GT-R anything but a glorified Best Motoring vehicle of old. You can up class a car with tires. Put R-compounds on a BMW M3 or CTS-V and watch it run with Z06's, GT3's etc. If you notice, there would be a common theme, big heavy cars running with sports cars. IE nothing special about a GT-R. A true measure of a cars ability isn't hinged on it's tires and the GT-R is clearly that.

Forward to dufus posting the MPSC, Porsche N1 spec MPSC are not the same compound as store bought MPSC and not nearly as fast, they are a glorified PS2 with more contact patch. Not great tires at all.

The Dunlops cleary ARE as fast as one of the top Semi-slick tires (R888), there is no arguing it.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:29 AM
kp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to all
You've both been trying to put power to weight theories away for the longest, and now you're saying the GT-R SHOULD have a tire advantage?

The Dunlops cleary ARE as fast as one of the top Semi-slick tires (R888), there is no arguing it.
Ive never argued against power and weight theories. Im just using your own argument against you. And you cant refute that. So dont try to tell ME that ive been a proponent of the GTR weight. Tuth be told, I dont really care. All I know is that according you (the track expert) there's no way a lighter more powerful car woluld lose to a heavier less powerful car. Physics right?

Now you're trying to tell us that the GTR's tires are the ONLY reason it ALWAYS BEATS the lighter more powerful Turbo on the track?

HeavyChevy: 2+2=22

A loss is a loss

I'm sorry for your loss

Old 12-03-2009, 10:32 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
KP-knownothing and BD-knownothing

Considering that you are all a bunch of kids who don't know a thing about TRUE track experience, and all you have to go on is magazine articles, I think it's pretty easy to rule out your opinion. You've both been trying to put power to weight theories away for the longest, and now you're saying the GT-R SHOULD have a tire advantage?

That doesn't make the GT-R anything but a glorified Best Motoring vehicle of old. You can up class a car with tires. Put R-compounds on a BMW M3 or CTS-V and watch it run with Z06's, GT3's etc. If you notice, there would be a common theme, big heavy cars running with sports cars. IE nothing special about a GT-R. A true measure of a cars ability isn't hinged on it's tires and the GT-R is clearly that.

Forward to dufus posting the MPSC, Porsche N1 spec MPSC are not the same compound as store bought MPSC and not nearly as fast, they are a glorified PS2 with more contact patch. Not great tires at all.

Sure they are. Doesn't look like MPSCs are stock options anyway.

Whatever. You are an internet-wide renowned imbecile.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:36 AM
BD-
Banned
Originally Posted by kp117
I'm sorry for your loss
That should go on a get well soon card from Nissan to Porsche AG.

Dear Porsche,

We are sorry for your loss and wish you all the best with your future under Chinese management.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:44 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kp117
Ive never argued against power and weight theories. Im just using your own argument against you. And you cant refute that. So dont try to tell ME that ive been a proponent of the GTR weight. Tuth be told, I dont really care. All I know is that according you (the track expert) there's no way a lighter more powerful car woluld lose to a heavier less powerful car. Physics right?

Now you're trying to tell us that the GTR's tires are the ONLY reason it ALWAYS BEATS the lighter more powerful Turbo on the track?

HeavyChevy: 2+2=22

A loss is a loss

I'm sorry for your loss

There is no way an Evo, STI keeps up with Porsche's and Ferrari's, unless their on R-compounds.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:47 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BD-
No excuses, GTR is noticeably faster.
http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.php...7_GT3_facelift

Goodwood being the only same day test showed 1.5s in the difference. Nice try but no cigar. The facelifted GT3 is barely as fast as a 2008 GTR.
Granted, the Nissan ringer is fast.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm pretty sure there has been no top gear lap for the GT3 either.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:27 AM
kp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to all
There is no way an Evo, STI keeps up with Porsche's and Ferrari's, unless their on R-compounds.
Heavy, I dont care about your fairy tale second hand accounts of uncontrolled test about vehicles equipped with god-knows modifications. They stand to prove absolutely nothing pertaining to the Turbo ALWAYS losing to the GTR on a track.

You can never explain away the loss.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:50 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BD-
That should go on a get well soon card from Nissan to Porsche AG.

Dear Porsche,

We are sorry for your loss and wish you all the best with your future under Chinese management.
Hmmmm. Chinese management or French management. I don't know which is worst. Oh, you didn't know that Nissan was run by Renault? BTW, don't worry. At some point in the future, the Chinese will own everything anyways.... How about them Astons being built by the Indians? Seriously, get a life.....

Old 12-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Seriously, get a life.....
Ahh yes,someone said it.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:33 PM
BD-
Banned
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Hmmmm. Chinese management or French management. I don't know which is worst. Oh, you didn't know that Nissan was run by Renault? BTW, don't worry. At some point in the future, the Chinese will own everything anyways.... How about them Astons being built by the Indians? Seriously, get a life.....
You mean Renault as in Renault the company with more Formula One constructors titles than any Porsche fan-boy could ever dream of. 2 titles chassis and engine, 6 titles as engine supplier to Williams? And 1 WRC title. France also being the most successful country wrt WRC. The RenaultSport R26.R being a FWD hatch that can rape a Boxster S (facelift).

http://www.fastestlaps.com/index.php...=49246feb57de5

Again for less than half the price. Seeing a theme yet?

Whoops that back-fired a bit didn't it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Turbo vs GTR