997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 Turbo vs GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 08:26 PM
kp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by EtherSpill
They are most definitely available from Porsche in the "Tequipment factory option catalog", page 13.

http://www.porsche.com/all/media/fla.../index.htm#/2/

They look like racing slicks on the inner half of the tyre.

The catalog says they are designed origionally for competition and a prone to hydroplanning.

All your hopes and dreams of beating a GTR on a track, rest upon a tyre that 99% of Turbos will not be sold with.

Classic

Old 12-03-2009, 09:47 PM
EtherSpill is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kp117

The catalog says they are designed origionally for competition and a prone to hydroplanning.

All your hopes and dreams of beating a GTR on a track,
Any 911 Turbo owner that seriously tracks their car will opt for the MPSC's, or something equivalent. When SportAuto supertests the 911 Turbo, it will be with the MPSCs. And please don't pretend you have a clue what percentage of 911 Turbos will be opted what way because you only make yourself look more idiotic (if that's possible)

Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 PM
kp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to all
Any 911 Turbo owner that seriously tracks their car will opt for the MPSC's, or something equivalent. When SportAuto supertests the 911 Turbo, it will be with the MPSCs. And please don't pretend you have a clue what percentage of 911 Turbos will be opted what way because you only make yourself look more idiotic (if that's possible)

Gimme a break, You and I both know the OVERWHELMING majority of 911 Turbos that will arrive at dealer lots wont have MPSC's on them. Why doesnt Porsche give press cars out with MPSC's? So far none of the major publications have had cars with them. Maybe Porsche know that such a car is not representetive of the typical Turbo being sold.

For goodness sake, there's a hydroplanning disclaimer in the catalog for the tyre.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:53 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !

All your hopes and dreams of beating a GTR on a track, rest upon a tyre that 99% of Turbos will not be sold with.

Classic

Funny you should say that.

Tire Rack on the RE070.

The Potenza RE070R RFT features a high-grip tread compound molded into an asymmetric tread design to combine handling with traction. Semi-Slick outboard shoulder blocks and several continuous inboard ribs enhance initial responsiveness and increase lateral stiffness to reduce the irregular wear that can occur during hard cornering.

You have no idea what competition tires are, the Dunlops suck in the wet like any other R-compound.

You guys are pouring it on thick.......

THE FACT REMAINS THAT THE DUNLOPS ARE EQUAL TO OR FASTER THAN PORSCHE SPEC MPSC which are not a true r-compound!!!

The GT-R does not win on equal tires, or even tires that are close. Certainly not equal tires.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Gimme a break, You and I both know the OVERWHELMING majority of 911 Turbos that will arrive at dealer lots wont have MPSC's on them. Why doesnt Porsche give press cars out with MPSC's? So far none of the major publications have had cars with them. Maybe Porsche know that such a car is not representetive of the typical Turbo being sold.

For goodness sake, there's a hydroplanning disclaimer in the catalog for the tyre.

You boys and your maybe's. The TT just hasn't been tested with MPSC yet. The GT3 has them in quite a few tests, and so does the GT2.

You are spewing garbage again, tons of Porsche owners opt for the MPSC. Just like the rest of the world where the Dunlops are NOT STANDARD on the GT-R. Hardly anyone opts for them. There are far more MPSC shod Porsches than Dunlops shod GT-R's. That is FOR SURE!!!!

Making no sense ftl.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BD-
£ 458.00
for the tyre.
Now I understand the madness. Look where these two are from!

Old 12-04-2009, 03:05 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
The TT just hasn't been tested with MPSC yet. The GT3 has them in quite a few tests, and so does the GT2.

Who cares what the GT3 has? Why are you always changing the subject? They don’t even make the GT2 any more. You can order a Turbo with friggen clear tail lights! How many press cars do you think will be optioned with this? The MPSC are beyond just a "common option" for the Turbo, and Porches’ reluctance to provide test cars shod with MPSC’s reflects this. Don’t try to run from the naked truth Heavy.

You are spewing garbage again, just like the rest of the world, the Dunlops are NOT STANDARD on the GT-R. Hardly anyone opts for them. There are far more MPSC shod Porsches than Dunlops shod GT-R's. That is FOR SURE!!!!

Why do you like to lie Heavy?

The cheapest base GTR money can buy comes with the Dunlops. It’s the Bridgestones that come on the more expensive "Premium" GTR. A tire that you have said 1000 times are inferior to the Dunlops.

Left in your desperation, we now must compare the BASE GTR's tyre to the rarified air of the accessory catalogue ordered MPSC's. A tire that Porsche never provides on their press cars and is hardly ever seen on dealer lots.

Classic.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:20 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jpvarghese
Now I understand the madness. Look where these two are from!
Where are you from with a name like jpvarghese?

With your constant chipping in throughout this thread with unrelated comments, you rather remind me of an itchy ****.

Last edited by BD-; 12-04-2009 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:41 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
They are most definitely available from Porsche in the "Tequipment factory option catalog", page 13.

http://www.porsche.com/all/media/fla.../index.htm#/2/
They're not standard dealership options as I've just shown.

Even with this you still lose because I just play the Nismo card and say, GTR with Nismo CS pack and Nismo ECU beats 997 Turbo on MPSCs. Also available with full warrantee. They will also provide more race-orientated tyres and eventually complete engines too. All with full warrantee. Pay them enough and they'd probably build an FIA GT1 car. So now you definitely lose since you got stupid.

Last edited by BD-; 12-04-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Who cares what the GT3 has? Why are you always changing the subject? They don’t even make the GT2 any more. You can order a Turbo with friggen clear tail lights! How many press cars do you think will be optioned with this? The MPSC are beyond just a "common option" for the Turbo, and Porches’ reluctance to provide test cars shod with MPSC’s reflects this. Don’t try to run from the naked truth Heavy.

Why do you like to lie Heavy?

The cheapest base GTR money can buy comes with the Dunlops. It’s the Bridgestones that come on the more expensive "Premium" GTR. A tire that you have said 1000 times are inferior to the Dunlops.

Left in your desperation, we now must compare the BASE GTR's tyre to the rarified air of the accessory catalogue ordered MPSC's. A tire that Porsche never provides on their press cars and is hardly ever seen on dealer lots.

Classic.
What do you mean who cares what the GT3 has? The Turbo has had MPSC as an option for years. This isn't new. It doesn't matter how many people opt to get them either, it's a freaking option!!!!!

Porsche sends out press cars for the majority to test, thousands of miles ragdolled all over the place. And mileage wise it's beneficial to put a longer life tire on the car. They are not like Nissan following around with rules on how to drive the car, and inspections after track tests etc etc.

You can choose MPSC on a Turbo from the Factory
You can choose Dunlops on a GT-R from the factory.

PERIOD - END OF STORY - POINT BLANK!!!!

Old 12-04-2009, 06:58 AM
BD-
Banned
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Originally Posted by BD-
I actually do have some time on my hands in between meetings. BTW, I don't need to try be clever... I hold the meetings..
That explains why you don't need to be clever.

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
I just realized what a waste of time this exchange has been with you. Why am I wasting my time with some punk kid who has nothing better to do than surf the net for every piece info he can find on why the GTR is a better car than anything else ever made... You can come back and play with the big boys when you get out of school, make some money and buy your dream GTR. Until then......
What's up? Did you fail to teflon-shoulder all the actions this time round?

Old 12-04-2009, 07:00 AM
BD-
Banned
Originally Posted by USCCayman
She certainly doesn't need a gun to get my attention.
She drives a Cayman too, but she's a girl, so it doesn't matter.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
After reading this thread it made me hate GTR's even more. I just had to emasculate one I came across last night in my Lambo.
And GTR fanboys before you talk your smack I have track footage of me destroying them. You see in the real world GTR drivers suck while most Porsche drivers have track experience and don't need turbos to crush them. This thread sucks. GTRS SUCK. AND MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUPS ARE AVAILABLE FOR ANY PORSCHE from the factory!!!

UNSUBSCRIBED.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:31 AM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Scott997
After reading this thread it made me hate GTR's even more. I just had to emasculate one I came across last night in my Lambo.
And GTR fanboys before you talk your smack I have track footage of me destroying them. You see in the real world GTR drivers suck while most Porsche drivers have track experience and don't need turbos to crush them. This thread sucks. GTRS SUCK. AND MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUPS ARE AVAILABLE FOR ANY PORSCHE from the factory!!!

UNSUBSCRIBED.
Damn I thought I was the only one that started disliking the GTR after listening to these two.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:51 AM
BD-
Banned
You can choose Dunlops on a GT-R from the factory.
Dunlops are standard fit now. You can choose whatever tyre you want from Nismo too, all the way to the daftest R-compound semi-slick.

That 'Tequipment' sure doesn't look like standard dealer options.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Turbo vs GTR