997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: Hot? Or Not?
HOT! Woo-hoo!
40.00%
NOT! Ugh, My Eyes!
60.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Unique Color Combo- Hot? Or Not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 05:21 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thealexman
Personally (how else would it be), I like it. i've always felt that fashion-wise you could do a brown pinstripe suit with a black shirt and tie and be fly as hell (and confusing everyone that ever thought you couldn't mix brown and black). My two cents: I'd ditch the stripe, have the model designation painted black, and black painted center console and interior plastic parts to really bring out the contrasting color scheme that you're going for. The thought being, combine brown and black on the outside, then combine it on the inside and tie it all together.

-Alex
Hmmm

I need to configure that and see what it looks like. Thanks Alex!

Old 11-30-2009, 09:39 AM
steelerman is infamous around these parts
Not bad .......because it's hard to make this car look bad. However, I think it's something you would like at first but get tired of quickly. And it would definitely effect the resale value.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:45 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Interior: I have natural brown and it is awesome. If you plan to DE, get the folding gt2 seats NOW....getting track seats later for a natural brown interior is a PITA.

Exterior: so so. If you plan to keep it, no issues. It will be hard to release it/sell it....

Jeff

Old 11-30-2009, 10:52 AM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Interior: I have natural brown and it is awesome. If you plan to DE, get the folding gt2 seats NOW....getting track seats later for a natural brown interior is a PITA.

Exterior: so so. If you plan to keep it, no issues. It will be hard to release it/sell it....

Jeff

Very good point on the gt2 seats. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:54 AM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
No problem sayboy...designing interior/exterior combos is fun.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:40 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
not for me....

Old 11-30-2009, 01:05 PM
996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great to me (and I love the stripe ;-) even when I seem to be the only one on this forum)

Old 11-30-2009, 01:48 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
I like the color combo & hate the stripe. Those stripes remind me of the "Le Car" image:

http://www.renaultclubthai.com/forum...lt5-Le_Car.jpg

Old 11-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Webtool1 is infamous around these partsWebtool1 is infamous around these parts
For me brown is an organic colour which is why it looks good on people.
A sophisticated machine needs a colour reflecting its elements, steel, aluminum, rubber... or, it's energy and heat, like red or yellow.
Nothing like a buffed up P51 Mustang to look 'right' in its elements.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Webtool1 is infamous around these partsWebtool1 is infamous around these parts
..but I 'REALLY' like white too and can't explain that with my previous theory.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:33 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Love it sans stripes but I think it would look even better on a Panamara with wood interior.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:51 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sayboy
Macadamia w/ Natural Brown Interior. Black center-locks. Black "Turbo" stripe. Wing mirror in Alu look.

Just playing the design game and this is the result. Pretty unique look and one I have certainly never seen before...

Step up! Speak your mind!
sorry brown is brown; better with basalt blk or atlas grey