997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

seats quandry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 08:48 AM
moliandsam is infamous around these parts
seats quandry

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I am about to order a 2010 997 cab, and seek your advice on seats. The dealer will have a black cab in stock at end of December, not spoken for, and having about what I want in options, except it has ventilated seats - rather than adaptive sport seats that I have owned before and think I prefer. Alternatively, I can place my own order with the adaptive sport seat option, and wait until spring. I am not crazy about the way the ventilated seats look, and live in the DC area - but not sure whether ventilation will prove a bonus that would exceed that of adaptive sport, or be unnecessary. Any advice on seats? Thanks!

Old 12-10-2009, 07:53 PM
trice9 is infamous around these partstrice9 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by moliandsam
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I am about to order a 2010 997 cab, and seek your advice on seats. The dealer will have a black cab in stock at end of December, not spoken for, and having about what I want in options, except it has ventilated seats - rather than adaptive sport seats that I have owned before and think I prefer. Alternatively, I can place my own order with the adaptive sport seat option, and wait until spring. I am not crazy about the way the ventilated seats look, and live in the DC area - but not sure whether ventilation will prove a bonus that would exceed that of adaptive sport, or be unnecessary. Any advice on seats? Thanks!
i personally don't like the way the ventilated seats look and i like the feel and fit of the adaptive seats. so for me, i ordered mine with adaptive seats.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Mrledzeppelin is infamous around these partsMrledzeppelin is infamous around these parts
I love the vented seats, but dislike the way the adaptive seats feel. I'd personally opt for buckets over adaptives. I'm in FL so I'm not sure how much you'll use the vented seats that far north, but I'll tell you, they work great when it gets hot.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:13 AM
sam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to behold
ive sat in both and honestly the adaptive seats are just too amazing, you'll regret not getting them down the road if you drive in a spirited manner

Old 12-11-2009, 02:14 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
guys u confusing the man listen bro just go for the option that will not delay your car !!

Old 12-11-2009, 05:45 PM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
Adaptive sport seats are the way to go. If you have had them in the past and you don't like the look of the others what's the hangup? Good luck

Old 12-12-2009, 01:02 PM
moliandsam is infamous around these parts
Thanks, guys. I'll go with adaptive sport seats, which I liked on my earlier twin turbo. My questioning was inspired by simply not knowing whether the vented seats are better than they seemed to be compared to the adaptives, based on sitting in them on the dealer's floor, rather than living with them.