997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2010 911 Turbo S - Official!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 06:56 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dinorocz
a word from a salesman is hardly "OFFICIAL"
+1. You get different story from different salesman.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:08 PM
tipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GroupB
The strippers or the car dealers?
obviously both since their both ****** needing a sale

Old 01-08-2010, 08:39 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by raclaims
Without question.
It's sad and pathetic. I was literally stunned at how little any of the salesmen knew about the car and the options available, etc. I had to provide the codes myself as they had no idea (for the thicker MF steering wheel for example). Ridiculous.

Which is why you are buying the car and he is selling it!

JCM

Old 01-08-2010, 09:34 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
my mom was looking to upgrade from her 997tt to a new one. ridiculous that she cant get one for this year. and the S is a joke.
it really is sad how little salespeople know about their product, especially at this level. i realize its more about the buying experience and hospitality than being able to regurgitate options and trim variation, but they should know the car inside and out.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Showking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond reputeShowking has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tipsyhemi
obviously both since their both ****** needing a sale

Hahahahahaha!!!!

Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tipsyhemi
we are talking about strippers or car dealers? most arent pleasant and their knowledge of a few key words doesnt make the pursuasive.
+1 on that.. Went to buy an 05' 997 Carrera S for an Employee of mine today and showed up 30 minutes before closing and they told us come back tomorrow.. We said we just wanted to test drive it to make sure it was worthwhile to come back in the morning to negotiate on it.. They said, "We dont have enough time for a test drive, we are closing soon." That was the sales MGR.. LOL

Mike

Old 01-08-2010, 09:57 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
mike- should have known you'd be on here too. evom cant take up ALL of your time haha.
thats ridiculous that you couldn't get a test drive. go to the next closest porsche dealer, buy the car and then stop off at the first dealer to let them see the pretty new Pcar you just bought somewhere else.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjm4life
mike- should have known you'd be on here too. evom cant take up ALL of your time haha.
thats ridiculous that you couldn't get a test drive. go to the next closest porsche dealer, buy the car and then stop off at the first dealer to let them see the pretty new Pcar you just bought somewhere else.
Yeah I must divide my time now.. LOL

Yes UNREAL.. I explained we drove 40 minutes because my schedule is tight.. I just want to drive it so i know if tomorrow is worth missing part of my day to come work a deal on it.. I guess maybe they would jump higher had i shown up in my GT3 and not my Sti.. I hate when people treat you like that..

Dont worry Im going to drive by in the Gt3 and tell them i bought it instead of the C2s..

Mike

Old 01-08-2010, 10:03 PM
haha sounds like a plan.
odd that they treated you that way. i always had positive experiences with dealers in the evo. in fact a dealer even washed my evo for me while i was there (Maserati/Ferrari of NE before they moved). i figure i can get my hands on even more now that im in the lotus.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:50 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by supercup
Which is why you are buying the car and he is selling it!

JCM
excellent point!!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 07:31 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raclaims
excellent point!!!!
Porsche salesmen are easily replaced (not counting the few good ones of course). Potential buyers, on the other hand, are not.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
Although I don't mind the extra standard goodies I don't want to be forced to pay more for something I was going to pay less for in the first place. I have had three crap experiances at my local dealership, about half the times I've been there because my DD is a Subaru. What can I say, it's paid off and I have my other money tied up. If they are going to pull this crap for the Poreche Tax I will just wait for the 998TT to come out.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:37 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Although I don't mind the extra standard goodies I don't want to be forced to pay more for something I was going to pay less for in the first place. I have had three crap experiances at my local dealership, about half the times I've been there because my DD is a Subaru. What can I say, it's paid off and I have my other money tied up. If they are going to pull this crap for the Poreche Tax I will just wait for the 998TT to come out.
I think we all judge the book by its cover to some degree. In general, I go look at cars in the evening. There aren’t many sales people know about the product more than we do. I am often in shock by some of their pitch and info. Aside form the negotiation, financing arrangement, we don’t really need them for much other info. But I met some that are very nice too, and helpful. This is a rough time for any kind of sales job, esp high end car.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:40 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
TC, sounds like it's time you found another dealer. Consider going out of state if you must, I bought my first Pcar out of state (Champion Porsche) and it was pretty painless.
Alternatively consider a leftover '08-09 TT, IMO they are the real sweet spot right now, no pdk but you get the race proven GT1 motor.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:23 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
everyone is a saleperson some people just don't know it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 911 Turbo S - Official!