997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2010 911 Turbo S - Official!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Cab Lover
Oweyea is infamous around these parts
2010 911 Turbo S - Official!

Got a call from my sales guy and he said I can order the 2010 turbo S beginning March 2010. He was still trying to find me the specs of the upgrades but he mentioned more power, ceramics as standard, and all the other goodies that go with the S package.

Anyone have any details they can share?

Old 01-08-2010, 11:37 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Oweyea
Got a call from my sales guy and he said I can order the 2010 turbo S beginning March 2010. He was still trying to find me the specs of the upgrades but he mentioned more power, ceramics as standard, and all the other goodies that go with the S package.

Anyone have any details they can share?
How much? Do they stop making the regular flavor after March? I have even seen the 2010 TT, saw a post here that said official launch date is the 25???

Old 01-08-2010, 11:39 AM
nina is infamous around these parts
I think everybody is getting that call. A bit of desperation since they are hardly getting any regular turbos. 172K For the cab.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:55 PM
997CarreraS is infamous around these parts
I think the whole sitation is not cool. Bascailly there will be no addtional Turbo's for the rest of the Fiscal year to the US. So if you have an allocation you are getting a car and if you dont you will not get a car this year. The "S" from my perspective was always a margin car. Forced set of optons , limited distribution , higher Margins. not a great way to treat your best high end customers.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:25 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
a word from a salesman is hardly "OFFICIAL"

Old 01-08-2010, 02:14 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dinorocz
a word from a salesman is hardly "OFFICIAL"
So true...I've heard this several times before over the last 2 years...salesmen know less about these cars than the 14 year old kids who post on this forum.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:21 PM
tipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by raclaims
So true...I've heard this several times before over the last 2 years...salesmen know less about these cars than the 14 year old kids who post on this forum.
id argue the 14yr old kids have more dedication and enthusiasm than said dealers

Old 01-08-2010, 02:44 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Without question.
It's sad and pathetic. I was literally stunned at how little any of the salesmen knew about the car and the options available, etc. I had to provide the codes myself as they had no idea (for the thicker MF steering wheel for example). Ridiculous.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor
GroupB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nina
I think everybody is getting that call. A bit of desperation since they are hardly getting any regular turbos. 172K For the cab.
Any word on how many 2010 PDK turbos are really being built?

Old 01-08-2010, 03:13 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
Ignorance is the only prerequisite for sales people. They do not need to know what they are selling, only a few key words, pleasant, and persuasion.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:40 PM
tipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ISIS
Ignorance is the only prerequisite for sales people. They do not need to know what they are selling, only a few key words, pleasant, and persuasion.

we are talking about strippers or car dealers? most arent pleasant and their knowledge of a few key words doesnt make the pursuasive.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor
GroupB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tipsyhemi
we are talking about strippers or car dealers? most arent pleasant and their knowledge of a few key words doesnt make the pursuasive.
The strippers or the car dealers?

Old 01-08-2010, 04:17 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
The 2011 997 turbo S's will be here in Apr/May.

539 HP, PDK and PCCB's standard. Base price will be $159,900.

I was offered one 3 weeks ago. They are basically the only remaining turbos for the 2010 model year. I chose my 2010 GT3 instead.

Last edited by 911dev; 01-08-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:03 PM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
I put a deposit down on a Turbo S Cab... I was told it was a 2011 model.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:44 PM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
Granted PDK and Ceramics are standard but a base price of $159,000, thats insane. With goodies it will be upwards of 170k+. These prices are getting out of hand IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 911 Turbo S - Official!