997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Keithta - New Record 60-130 mph Times - Graphs Posted - 997/911 Porsche Turbo 3076R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 10:21 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Truly impressive--congrats on the fix and time. I just installed Proto's VTG kit and am working with Todd on the tune. My first attempt with datalogging with the Durametric tool was problematic so I've also ordered the ScanXL as well (in fact, just arrived). Seems like it works great. It's also really great to be able to simply upload different files for different tunes, send files back and forth to Todd for optimization under different conditions such as fuel mixtures, cat vs catless, etc... Makes my day.

Last edited by TTdude; 01-12-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Awesome #'s!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
Congrats on the #s. That is smoking fast. Also great job on finding out about the cam sleeve.

Awesome post.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:57 PM
SFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of light
Congratulations! Would love to feel what a sub 5s 60-130 feels like! You're a lucky man!

Old 01-12-2010, 02:19 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations man, I have been reading all your post in the past 2 weeks and they all are very informative and I'm glad to hear your issue is solved now. I need to updated my sheet now

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ds-result.html

Old 01-12-2010, 07:16 PM
bcarroll01 is infamous around these parts
dam your car is fast. I can't imagine what if feels like.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:52 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Movin out! Nice time for sure. Congrats

Old 01-12-2010, 08:57 PM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
Truly impressive--congrats on the fix and time. I just installed Proto's VTG kit and am working with Todd on the tune. My first attempt with datalogging with the Durametric tool was problematic so I've also ordered the ScanXL as well (in fact, just arrived). Seems like it works great. It's also really great to be able to simply upload different files for different tunes, send files back and forth to Todd for optimization under different conditions such as fuel mixtures, cat vs catless, etc... Makes my day.
Definetely a great tool. You can personally record so many different facets of what is happening within your motor. Makes going through the tuning process much easier.

I spent maybe a few hundred bucks in software and data cables for flashing and data logging. Remote tuning is definetely the way to go....especially for someone that doesnt want to deal with downtime and the thousands of dollars it costs to ship your car back and forth out of state.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:20 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Great post. Thanks for the good info. It doesnt seem like it was 2 years ago that you were running the M6. The ScanXL looks like a great program.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 AM
tranman329 is infamous around these parts
keithta, did you notice power loss only when the CEL is on? was there power loss even after you clear the CEL?

Old 01-13-2010, 10:31 AM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tranman329
keithta, did you notice power loss only when the CEL is on? was there power loss even after you clear the CEL? .
Yes - at times intermittently. Power loss seemed dependent on where the cam was getting stuck. There was also times where the CEL light would illuminate and stay on but no power loss was eveident. Atleast from what I could tell from feeling what the car was doing during acceleration. Just to let you know, I had my CEL light on when I ran my 5.42 - 60-130 pass on 3071s last year. It seemed to be running right during those passes. It even flashed on at the track during quarter mile passes. Whether or not the car was "slightly" compromised during my runs I would never know.

There was an instance when I brought the car to Porsche with the Cam Acuator fault CEL on and the Porsche shop foreman and I went out for a test drive. We connected the car to the PWIS and we witnessed cam Nominal and Actual values doing different things side to side. The car was down on power at that time.

Originally Posted by falb
Great post. Thanks for the good info. It doesnt seem like it was 2 years ago that you were running the M6. The ScanXL looks like a great program.
Thanks! Yeah.....Cant believe its been about 2.5 years since I got rid of my M6. Remember the video of my modded M6 vs a stock C6 ZO6 45-195 mph? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_QpKNozKN0

Old 01-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
yeah that is incredibly fast.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:40 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Great times Keith! Glad you got it all sorted out.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:23 PM
bone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura aboutbone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura about
great to see you back Keith, thats a SICK time!! Hows the driveability of the 3076 for daily use? Would you mind PMing me a price for the kit?

Old 01-13-2010, 12:31 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
So other then Turbos and a Program what else do you have done?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Keithta - New Record 60-130 mph Times - Graphs Posted - 997/911 Porsche Turbo 3076R