997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Keithta - New Record 60-130 mph Times - Graphs Posted - 997/911 Porsche Turbo 3076R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PALETTE
So other then Turbos and a Program what else do you have done?
Im wondering the same...

Old 01-13-2010, 08:17 PM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Keitha have u ever hit +180mph with that setup? did she pulled HARDER??
The car pulls extremely hard in all gears. 5th is brutal fast. 6 pulls hard too. With the latest setup I have not run the car past 160-165 mph yet so I dont have a lot of seat time using 6th gear on high boost.

But as for 3rd, 4th & 5th, here is something for reference:

Once boost comes in 3rd, that gear was blasted through in 1.66 seconds....upshift into the next gear and holding 4th out finishes in 2.3 seconds. 5th is a longer gear but surprisingly once engaged into 5th, the Scan XL file shows us hitting redline in 5th in 3.3 seconds. I looked at 2 files showing time spent in 5th gear after the 4th gear upshift and they both seem to show 3-3.3 seconds.

If you actually count that out in your head and imagine shifting through the gears you will see how ludicrous these cars start getting at these power levels. I still am baffeled about how fast this thing pulls through the gears - it really feels like its out of control............but then again this has been the fastest car Ive owned so I dont have anything else to compare it to....

Here is a G force graph from the driftbox during a 2nd gear pull (50-70 mph)

Boost was set to 1.7 bar on this run

I was on my 20" wheels with traction control on. Did a 50-70 mph pass from 2nd gear. I clocked off a 50-70 in 0.68 seconds.

More amazingly, it pulled 1.674 Longitudinal Gs of force right when boost came on and dropped off to 1.16 Gs by 70 mph.

50-60mph - .32 seconds
60-70mph - .36 seconds

Here is the graph: I Left the cursor on the peak Gs for that run so you can see the numbers. I tried this run again with a little more boost on 19" wheels but my tires wouldnt hold.

Last edited by keithta; 01-13-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:25 PM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PALETTE
So other then Turbos and a Program what else do you have done?
The power related mods are: Prototech Exhaust, Standard non-modified GT3076R with .63 ARs, Stock Headers, 4.5" Proto Intercoolers, Proto Air Intake & Y Pipe, Custom Intercooler and Inlet piping, 80 lb Injectors, Custom programming, everything tuned for MS109 fuel.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:13 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keithta
But as for 3rd, 4th & 5th, here is something for reference:

Once boost comes in 3rd, that gear was blasted through in 1.66 seconds....upshift into the next gear and holding 4th out finishes in 2.3 seconds. 5th is a longer gear but surprisingly once engaged into 5th, the Scan XL file shows us hitting redline in 5th in 3.3 seconds. I looked at 2 files showing time spent in 5th gear after the 4th gear upshift and they both seem to show 3-3.3 seconds.
wow. that really puts things into perspective. Overtaking cars probably feels like you've been fired from a slingshot.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:38 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
This car would smoke a GSXR1000 in all speeds

Old 01-14-2010, 01:25 AM
P2P
P2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the rough
Congrats .. Good time

Old 01-14-2010, 03:10 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
The power related mods are: Prototech Exhaust, Standard non-modified GT3076R with .63 ARs, Stock Headers, 4.5" Proto Intercoolers, Proto Air Intake & Y Pipe, Custom Intercooler and Inlet piping, 80 lb Injectors, Custom programming, everything tuned for MS109 fuel.
WOW and guys have spent 10 fold what you did even if you factor in the tear down you had to do.
Congrats again!

Old 01-14-2010, 03:18 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
I think this demonstrates stock headers are really pretty good.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:22 PM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
any reason that you go with stock headers instead of protomotive? and any motor work besides the cams? 1.7 seems a bit high for me even with ms109 on stock motor.

Last edited by besiktas; 01-14-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by bone_doc s4
great to see you back Keith, thats a SICK time!! Hows the driveability of the 3076 for daily use? Would you mind PMing me a price for the kit?
3076 is a bit laggy around town. I was happier with the 3071 for daily driving. Full boost comes in at 4200 with the 3076 and 3200 with the 3071. It took a bit of getting used to. On the other hand, I am happier with the power in the mid range and top of the 3076. Outside of the lag & Fiber Tuff race clutch from clutch masters, the car drives like is was driven off the showroom floor.

PMing you now.

Keith

Old 01-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by besiktas
any reason that you go with stock headers instead of protomotive? and any motor work besides the cams? 1.7 seems a bit high for me even with ms109 on stock motor.
Todd has compared runs on the dyno between the stock headers and modified headers (which modified headers I couldnt say). He told me that the torque curve was better on the cars that maintained the stock headers compared to the upgraded headers he tested.

Even Divextreme's old 996tt maintained the stock headers well into the mid 800 whp range with GT3076 turbos. His car ran like a bullet with the stock headers.

Switzer has run the 997tt up to 2.3+ bar on the stock motor. I know thats quite crazy but it just goes to show the abuse these motors can handle in stock form when tuned correctly.

I have played with boost levels higher than 1.7 bar with ms109. Compared to C16, The weaker properties of MS109 fuel starts to show up in the form of some knock around the 1.7 bar range with most of Todd's MS109 997tt tunes. If you plan on running more boost than that, he would send you a custom tune and may need to make some alterations to your fuel system.

Above 1.7 bar larger injectors and more carefully calibrating timing curves come into play. Also Air fuels need to be fattened up. You can run quite a bit more boost with MS109 - as long as your tune is in line.

I was running a fuel pressure gauge in my car during my tuning runs and kept turning the boost up in an effort to see where the fuel pumps would start to run out. Surprisingly, the stock pumps are still keeping up and the pressures were still holding....although, Im sure Im right at the edge.

I was contimplating running C16 to keep things cooler and safer but scratched that idea when I figured Id be going through new sets of spark plugs every 1500 miles or so. We all know that changing the plugs on our cars is not fun and is expensive as hell. Not to mention O2 sensors would be fried left right and center. Everything inside your motor would develop lead build up - something I didnt want to contend with. Id rather sacrafice some power and run a more conservative MS109 tune then getting C16 performance and have to live with the problems & the expense leaded fuel brings.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:26 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Thanks! Yeah.....Cant believe its been about 2.5 years since I got rid of my M6. Remember the video of my modded M6 vs a stock C6 ZO6 45-195 mph? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_QpKNozKN0
The Z06 wouldnt even be able to see this car after running through 4 gears at WOT.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Here is a run running against the same ZO6 with my Porsche from almost 2 years ago. I ran 1.25 bar with 103 octane fuel 60-130s were 6.4 at that time. Maybe 150-200 whp less than the car sits now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRvrOMgau4k

Old 01-15-2010, 12:13 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a run running against the same ZO6 with my Porsche from almost 2 years ago. I ran 1.25 bar with 103 octane fuel 60-130s were 6.4 at that time. Maybe 150-200 whp less than the car sits now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRvrOMgau4k
With that kit the car's 60-130 was not as fast as today's VTG's based cars.

With the new kit you have to race a gixer for us to see the difference

Old 01-15-2010, 09:58 AM
mickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to beholdmickym0u53 is a splendid one to behold
wow... that is super fast...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Keithta - New Record 60-130 mph Times - Graphs Posted - 997/911 Porsche Turbo 3076R