997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Just sold the 997TT. Want something different. Under 70k, suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 02:52 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
If you have never owned one of the better Mustangs perhaps a GT500 shelby?

Old 01-15-2010, 02:52 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Alec
I like the F360 but the fact that they still have a timing belt as opposed to the chain like in the F430. The maintenance is rather scary.
Its a tough one, I say F360 also but, have the same concern about the fact that they are belts also.

Look in the Ferrari section here and search for the post on "360 cost of ownership" there was a great post started by a fellow member and many owners chimed in on the actual costs as opposed to all the hearsay.

I found it very informative and when you take into consderation the cost savings over a F430 the belt issue is really only a small piece of the puzzle in the bigger picture. Alot of car for the money, especially if its going to be a toy and not a DD.

Hope this help, good luck and let us know how you decide.

Kind Regards, David

Last edited by bavorak; 01-15-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-15-2010, 02:53 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
For a fun car nothing wrong with a Vette for a few years.

Originally Posted by alevine
The Z06 is a great car. The interior is crap but they are a blast to drive. Incredible bang for the buck. I would drive one and see what you think. You can get a really nice used one for $50k and have money left over for a winter car with an auto for the wife.

Adam

Old 01-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Alec is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by alevine
The Z06 is a great car. The interior is crap but they are a blast to drive. Incredible bang for the buck. I would drive one and see what you think. You can get a really nice used one for $50k and have money left over for a winter car with an auto for the wife.

Adam
The wifey has her 03 S500 Merc. I mean, I know the Z06's are fast as hell but they're missing the "exotic factor." I just felt bad that my wife never really got to experience the 997. Besides, my wife keeps saying Z06's are pinky, lol. In a way she's right.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:54 PM
djmiroku is infamous around these parts
I'd probably go with a GTR in your situation, assuming you really don't want another Porsche.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by gmoney
If you have never owned one of the better Mustangs perhaps a GT500 shelby?
Not really my style.
Originally Posted by djmiroku
I'd probably go with a GTR in your situation, assuming you really don't want another Porsche.
GTR's are nice. But I don't think they look all that great. I just can't picture having fun with it on the street.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:03 PM
vduzin12 is infamous around these parts
You seem really hard pressed for a diamond in the rough at 70k. May I suggest upping your allocation or trying a 4 door. M5's are very fast

Last edited by vduzin12; 01-15-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:04 PM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
When it came to get a new car it was between a new 997tt (white or GT silver) or Ford GT. I still think I will own one sooner or later!

Old 01-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by vduzin12
You seem really hard pressed for a diamond in the rough at 70k. May I suggest upping your allocation or trying a 4 door. M5's are very fast
Definitely don't want a 4 door. I'd sooner get an M6 than an M5. I said $70k because you forget about maintenance, insurance, gas, etc.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:23 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
increase your budget

I don't think you'll find what you want for $70K (per the cars you listed except the vette).

When I've been indecisive I've used swapalease to do something short-term (like 6 months) to give me time to make up my mind.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:33 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
i think youre going to have to increase your budget. i cant think of anything besides a z06 or a exige for under 70k thats going to be as much fun.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:44 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
My friend, add a little more and buy yourself the MB AMG CLK63 BS, that will be under guaranty, so no maintenance to worry.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Screamin911 has a spectacular aura aboutScreamin911 has a spectacular aura about
Or you could just come back the P family, even though you said you wanted something diff

Old 01-15-2010, 04:14 PM
I think we have covered all the bases. Not easy coming from a 997 turbo.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:24 PM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
04 6 speed Gallardo with some miles...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just sold the 997TT. Want something different. Under 70k, suggestions?