997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 GT2 - Anyone tried Akrapovic ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 09:08 PM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
997 GT2 - Anyone tried Akrapovic ?

Anyone on the forum installed either the Akrapovic Evolution exhaust system (headers/cats/muffler package) or the Akrapovic Slip on race System (cats/muffler) ?

Cheers<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-15-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: nothing but an advertisement for a non sponsor
Old 01-19-2010, 09:15 AM
DILYSIracing is infamous around these parts
Put the Evolution system on a 997 street GT3. Boy, what a difference!

The sound is incredible, with Factory high/lo retained, big torque and power bump, and weight reduction you can feel.

Kindof pricey, but IMHO it is worth the bucks.

Last edited by DILYSIracing; 01-19-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:26 PM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DILYSIracing
Put the Evolution system on a 997 street GT3. Boy, what a difference!

The sound is incredible, with Factory high/lo retained, big torque and power bump, and weight reduction you can feel.

Kindof pricey, but IMHO it is worth the bucks.
Thanks for the info.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:56 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
I think they actually make a part or most of the stock exhaust on factory Gt2's as it is. The evolution system is big big bucks as far as exhausts go.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:05 PM
m34door is infamous around these parts
I have heard it also. Sounds really great.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:14 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dinorocz
I think they actually make a part or most of the stock exhaust on factory Gt2's as it is. The evolution system is big big bucks as far as exhausts go.
You are correct. Akrapovic is the OEM manufacturer for the 997 GT2 exhaust system.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:27 PM
HansGT2 is infamous around these parts
Only the rear (transverse) muffler of the 08/09 GT2 is made by Akrapovic. The headers and cats with connecting pipes are not.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
Akrapovic actually sells an "Upgrade Kit" for the GT2 which only includes the header and the link pipes. You get the option to go with a 100cpsi cars of 400cpsi cats.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:35 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dinorocz
Although produced by the same manufacturer, the akrapovic OEM silencer and aftermarket exhaust aren't the same at all.

OEM is bafled and aftermarket is straight through crossflow.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:18 PM
jfl91 is infamous around these parts
Akrapovic headers cracked at the welding on my 997 gt2. It must have been cracked since a month because when I put back the stock headers, my car was feeling like 200-250 whp more.

Akrapovic are truely amazing tho, I sent a picture of the cracked header and they sent me a new set right away.

I just hope it's not happening anymore.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jfl91
Akrapovic headers cracked at the welding on my 997 gt2. It must have been cracked since a month because when I put back the stock headers, my car was feeling like 200-250 whp more.

Akrapovic are truely amazing tho, I sent a picture of the cracked header and they sent me a new set right away.

I just hope it's not happening anymore.

Funny you mention that because a very well known local porsche shop was doing testing for Akra and was saying they were helping do the R&D to brace the system better because they had issues cracking at one point.. Im sure its been resolved by now..

Old 08-09-2011, 11:52 PM
jfl91 is infamous around these parts
A other issue that i need to mention to people at Akrapovic, gaskets melt down between turbos and headers. So there was a leak for a long time and a lost of boost pressure for sure. Need to find out how it happenned?

Old 08-10-2011, 07:31 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Chris Harris in evo magazine in uk put an akropovic exhaust in his gt3 and loves it. Says the car sounds unbelievable and the weight save was 28kg. Here is something about it. Didnt find the article on the internet, but it is in the fast fleet section...

www.titaniumperformance.co.uk/news/chris-harris-with-akrapovic

Old 08-10-2011, 11:03 AM
GT-Silver is infamous around these partsGT-Silver is infamous around these parts
Can anyone post a video of a gt2 fitted with the exhaust please ? i only saw two videos of the exhaust one that was on the track of Monza i guess for just 15 seconds and another of just starting the car in a garage. Which isn't sufficient for to make a decision on whether to buy the exhaust or not. A video with wot and revving the car would be very helpful, its a pricy exhaust and would like to make sure that the exhaust isnt pretty much the same as the stock exhaust sound.

Thanks

Old 08-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
a buddy of mine has the complete system on the gt2 rs . sounds great .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT2 - Anyone tried Akrapovic ?