997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Vivid Racing 825hp kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:00 PM
White997TT is infamous around these parts
Vivid Racing 825hp kit

Dan from vivid hooked up this incredible kit for a killer deal. I had the kit installed and tested at Car Nutz Customz here in Bellevue, WA. It took a few attempts to get it right but it came out perfect. Thanks to Dan and Car Nutz for working together to make this beast of a kit flawless for my car. I'll put up install and finished pictures later this week and will post some numbers when I have time to get out to the track.
Here is a pic of the kit pre-install.

Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Sick cant wait. Please post some videos too!

Old 01-18-2010, 05:37 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Can you tell us what's in the kit?

Old 01-18-2010, 05:46 PM
mr993 is infamous around these parts
love the flat blue car, have you got it running in the 10s yet? I saw a video on you tube it didn't seem to be running that strong., maybe poor driving?

Old 01-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
You can view all the product info here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/v...9-p-80007.html

Old 01-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Former Vendor
Yes poor driving . Dont worry, we will be rocketing past the 200mph mark at the Texas Mile and will get some new drag runs the 29th to solidify the kit and not my crap driving.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:49 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
You can view all the product info here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/v...9-p-80007.html
Thanks Dan!

Old 01-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Former Vendor
I try

There is another 6speeder that installed the kit from Kuwait. He is fixing his Boost Controller setup and should have some pics too.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Don_Vito is infamous around these parts
Dan can i use it on tiptronic ??

Old 01-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Former Vendor
Sure can, there is a car in kuwait right now with the kit and tiptronic.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Don_Vito is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
Sure can, there is a car in kuwait right now with the kit and tiptronic.
if you mean kuwait997 i think hes car is manual !!

Old 01-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor
Not its a tip. We did the EVOMS TCU upgrade on it. I have a kit ready to go, let me know if you want it.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Former Vendor
kuwait997 has his car dialed Don Vito. Please contact him.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:35 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
Do you have a dyno with a baseline overlaid? I looked at the one on your site but it is lacking AFR and PSI, it shows 7.4 and .2 respectively?

What is the advantage of replacing the VTG turbos? Let alone billet cartridge VTG's? The GT3076 is susceptible to compressor surge where and the VTG's less so, and the efficiency map is inherently larger for VTG design . Aren't you also loosing the higher torque/boost pressure at low RPM's and inducing lag and possibility for boost creep?

Adding additional components such as boost controller, wastegates, fittings, lines, ect. just seems like the wrong direction. IMHO it seems like you would be taking a step backwards by removing VTG's, unless you are building a quarter mile car with a narrow power band.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:32 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
congrats!! cant wait to see more

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing 825hp kit