997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Rattle driving me nuts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:49 PM
GEO 450 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gmoney
Another known issue is the rear side glass coming lose. The glass has screw(s) sealed in it and it can back out causing the glass to rattle over time. This happend to my 08, dealer fixed it with new glass panel, driver side.

Easy enough to check, simply tap on the glass from the exterior and see if it makes a tap noise.

Noises are tough to chase down and often can be sourced to no where near the place your ears tell ya!
I checked this out this morning, no luck, glass appears to be held tightly, thanks for the tip, I will just keep looking.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by JTK
This is a long shot but it happened to me. I noticed a rattle which I could have sworn was coming from the rear seats but it turned out to be the engine hood. There are adjustable screws, one on each end with a rubber pad(stopper); in my case, one end was tighter than the other which was causing part of the hood to rattle a bit. Adjust the screw(s) to get a tighter fit between the hood and base; might be worth a try.
Great idea, thanks I will check this out tonight.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
My 997 GT3 had an interior rattle coming from the rear. It was the long trim panel at the base of the rear window. Every once in a while I had to get back there and push on it to make sure the clips were fully seated.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by JTK
This is a long shot but it happened to me. I noticed a rattle which I could have sworn was coming from the rear seats but it turned out to be the engine hood. There are adjustable screws, one on each end with a rubber pad(stopper); in my case, one end was tighter than the other which was causing part of the hood to rattle a bit. Adjust the screw(s) to get a tighter fit between the hood and base; might be worth a try.
I checked the engine hood and one of the stoppers was shorter than the other, so as you suggested I adjusted the short one to be the same size as the other, didn't have a chance to drive it yet, hope that was the problem, thanks for the advice