997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Rattle driving me nuts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 04:46 PM
GEO 450 is infamous around these parts
Rattle driving me nuts

When driving over bumpy highways I notice a rattle coming from the back seat area. I checked to see if the fold down seats where latched correctly and they appear to be. Is there anything behind the seats under the carpet that would cause such a rattle, sub woofer? Driving me nuts. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 01-19-2010, 05:00 PM
dg123 has a spectacular aura aboutdg123 has a spectacular aura about
i have the same problem??with my 07 997 turbo..

Old 01-19-2010, 06:03 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Gremlens?

Old 01-19-2010, 06:26 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
I had an upper rear window rattle that sounded like it was coming from the location you describe. You could press outward on the glass and it would go away. It drove me nuts trying to figure out the source. I was going to wedge something in there but it eventually resolved itself. My rear view mirror rattle is the one that drives me nuts now.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by dg123
i have the same problem??with my 07 997 turbo..
Yep mine is a 07 as well, any one with any thoughts or solutions, my wife is in mortal danger if this rattle continues

Old 01-19-2010, 06:47 PM
yes.they sound like gremlins..behind the seats above the fenders?

Old 01-19-2010, 07:26 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
There was an issue with early 07's, dont recall the exact issue but it was a rear fender area rattle. Check with the dealer for the bulletin, you know how they are, they wont do it until you complain.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:03 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sparkhill
I had an upper rear window rattle that sounded like it was coming from the location you describe. You could press outward on the glass and it would go away. It drove me nuts trying to figure out the source. I was going to wedge something in there but it eventually resolved itself. My rear view mirror rattle is the one that drives me nuts now.
My rear view mirror rattle drives me insane...

Originally Posted by gmoney
There was an issue with early 07's, dont recall the exact issue but it was a rear fender area rattle. Check with the dealer for the bulletin, you know how they are, they wont do it until you complain.
I believe the bulletin was for some type of weld.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by dg123
yes.they sound like gremlins..behind the seats above the fenders?
You got it, that is where it is, only hear it on a rough road. Did yours rattle all the time.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by gmoney
Thanks, I will see what they have to say

Old 01-19-2010, 09:49 PM
mine rattles on and off, but more often than not..mostly squeeks..sounds like its coming from inside of the fenderwalls on the side areas.?but from the middle of the car back...

Old 01-19-2010, 09:57 PM
if i take it to the dealer since its still under factory, what should they check to fix the issues??

Old 01-19-2010, 10:33 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Another known issue is the rear side glass coming lose. The glass has screw(s) sealed in it and it can back out causing the glass to rattle over time. This happend to my 08, dealer fixed it with new glass panel, driver side.

Easy enough to check, simply tap on the glass from the exterior and see if it makes a tap noise.

Noises are tough to chase down and often can be sourced to no where near the place your ears tell ya!

Old 01-19-2010, 10:50 PM
g money, u r a genious...i just tapped on the glass and heard the squeeks...problem could be solved)will take it to the dealer asap...will let u know..thank u sooo much...

Old 01-20-2010, 09:09 AM
JTK
JTK is infamous around these parts
This is a long shot but it happened to me. I noticed a rattle which I could have sworn was coming from the rear seats but it turned out to be the engine hood. There are adjustable screws, one on each end with a rubber pad(stopper); in my case, one end was tighter than the other which was causing part of the hood to rattle a bit. Adjust the screw(s) to get a tighter fit between the hood and base; might be worth a try.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rattle driving me nuts