997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

OT - Nissan recalls GTR engines and censors internet bulletins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 05:33 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
OT - Nissan recalls GTR engines and censors internet bulletins

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/130700-of...n-engines.html
link gets censored but is reposted below:
http://www.nasmo.be/

This type of behavior is really bad for all automotive enthusiasts.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:40 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/130700-of...n-engines.html
link gets censored but is reposted below:
http://www.nasmo.be/

This type of behavior is really bad for all automotive enthusiasts.
A la Yahoo Babelfish

In English

OFFICIAL: Nissan recall for driving replacement Nissan today points out a certain number of GT-R as from aujourd' and over one three months period to carry out the complete replacement of the engine and its peripherals. This recall relates to 56 vehicles in France and 350 in Europe. Reason Since the first deliveries, several engines broke in Europe without really explanation and with a weak mileage. After research and analyzes by the technicians in Japan, it appeared a problem on alloy composing the crankshaft bearings of the engines which take play and end up breaking. Who is concerned? Are concerned with this problem and this recall only the vehicles without GPS delivered between April and June 2009. Nissan West Europe started to warn the customers one by one via the service dedicated GT-R and all the people concerned with the recall will have been warned in nearest end of the week. It is thus not necessary to contact Nissan WE or your CHP. Procedure and driving replacement Nissan WE thus will point out the owners concerned with this recall and an appointment will be taken for the removal and the return of the car. The cars will be transported to Amsterdam in a CHP especially dedicated to the changes of the engines. The cars will see all equipped with an entirely new engine but also with all the peripherals. Oil radiator, etc… The complete procedure lasts 10 days, return ticket of the car included/understood. A new notebook of maintenance will be given to the replacement of the engine with new intervals of revisions calculated according to the mileage of the car. What it is necessary to provide - For those which made modifs driving on their GT-R (turbo, outlet, injectors, cobb): It is necessary all imperatively to give to the origin before the removal of the car. - For those which changed only the cat-back. (There-pipe, back silencer,…): You can leave your parts in place, that does not pose any problem. - To envisage to leave a clean car and with the full of one gasoline. Nissan will make the gasoline complement before return because the replacement of the engine requires that this one can turn and be tested on road. Recovery and grinding Once your GT-R turned over on your premise, it is necessary to envisage a small time of grinding. Less complex than basic grinding because only the engine is concerned. - 500 km without exceeding 3500 tr/min - 500 km following without exceeding 5500 tr/min No the revision “according to grinding” to envisage. To finish Nissan largely takes its responsabilities by carrying out a recall for such a scale and us (Club GT-R and members of the forum) let us thank them for the serious one for measurement. The bonds woven between Nissan WE and the Club have had enabled to us to be informed for several weeks of this recall and thus to be able to prevent and set up various actions near the members of the club, in particular on the complicated repatriation of certain cars.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
hmm.....

Old 01-22-2010, 07:06 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Is this an example of "You get what you pay for?"

Old 01-22-2010, 07:11 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Ugh. Reading babelfish translations give me a headache. Can someone give us the ENGLISH cliffs notes?

Old 01-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
Originally Posted by USCCayman
Well not that I am a GTR fan but....it seems I have read numerous stories about folks having to fight over RMS issue repairs and if you were modded in any way...forget it. Here is an example of how a company owns up to it's screw up and is making it right. Thats the example I see here.....just sayin.... The censorship part...well if you are affected by this it looks as if they let you know.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:43 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Swoody
Well not that I am a GTR fan but....it seems I have read numerous stories about folks having to fight over RMS issue repairs and if you were modded in any way...forget it. Here is an example of how a company owns up to it's screw up and is making it right. Thats the example I see here.....just sayin.... The censorship part...well if you are affected by this it looks as if they let you know.
I would hope they would own up after the "launch control" fiasco. They should have learned their lesson by now. But I doubt it.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:53 PM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
This sucks for those european owner affects by this bad batch of motors but Nissan IS standing behind the error and correcting it by replacing the motor even if there are aftermarket mods.

Ok, if u read through the whole post, you'll see why the link was closed:

from the admin:
My Bad. The OP started two threads with the same title. Duplicates aren't allowed, so one was deleted. Here's what was in it, aside from the link to a foreign language forum."

so Nissan did not censor an independant forum. Ahhhhh the conspiracies and hate towards the GT-R

Last edited by rcalcaide; 01-22-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:42 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Exactly!

Old 01-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
I'm an Admin on there as has been stated there was no interference from Nissan, just some tidying of the threads and some paranoid reactions. All info is still on there.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:34 AM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Guy
I'm an Admin on there ...
Nice Porsche you got there!

Old 01-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Michael-Dallas is infamous around these parts
GTR is not my cup-o-tea, but you oughta do a bit-o-research on the Porsche M96 engine, ala D-chunk failure, intermix failure, IMS failure...

///Michael

May he w/o sin cast the first stone...

Old 01-24-2010, 02:49 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
I would hope they would own up after the "launch control" fiasco. They should have learned their lesson by now. But I doubt it.
Kinda like Porsche should have learned their lesson about the 2nd gear pop-out, instead, they use every excuse to deny warranties. It's becoming more and more common these days. Pretty soon, you wont even be allowed to do your own oil changes without voiding the warranty, you'll have to go to an approved Porsche Repair Center aka Stealership

Old 01-24-2010, 03:45 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I think this video says it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOAXJTTc__w

People can use the money they saved on a new transmission. This is below all standards, but not very different from what has happened to the E60 M5's...

Old 01-24-2010, 07:39 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
that video never gets old!
Of course what happened to the gtr is below standard, just like all other makes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OT - Nissan recalls GTR engines and censors internet bulletins