997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Genuine Techart or NR Auto??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 05:12 PM
ukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to beholdukgt2 is a splendid one to behold
Genuine Techart or NR Auto??

Hi Guys,

Iv'e been looking at body kits for the 997 Turbo and really like the look of the techart type II.

The Nr auto kit which is the same design but at a third of the price.

Is there that much difference in the two or is the techart kit worth the extra $$?

Does anyone have a NR auto techart style kit and what are your thoughts?

Thanks

Old 01-26-2010, 05:38 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Techart kits are expensive for a reason. They are made of the same material as the facotry bumpers are. That means they are flexible and durable. The fit and finish of Techart pieces are OE like. A lot of the less expensive Techart replica kits are made of fiberglass or other composites that are not flexible. Many of them will break at impact. I have heard that replica kits almost always run into proper fitment issues. It's an expensive car and IMO it's worth spending the extra to put on the best parts.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
I would agree...TechArt stuff is great quality, and on a car like this, no reason to go with a knockoff...

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 01-26-2010, 06:32 PM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
You get what you pay for...

Old 01-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
We've installed a few type II kits and what's amazing is the fit. Not only that but TechArt includes every nut, bolt, air duct, and heat shield you could possibly need.

Replica kits are nice....but you usually end up spending more on paint, prep, and intallation. Enough to narrow the gap between real and replica.

Shoot me a PM with exactly what parts you're looking for. We'll see if we can put it in your reach.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:31 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
You should not ask anymore-TECHART period.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:42 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by N2it
You should not ask anymore-TECHART period.
Techart all the way......

I hate knock-off companies.........if you keep buying the knock-offs,the pioneers to these great parts will disappear and or stop making them for our cars! It takes a very long time and a lot of money to develop parts from scratch and a very short time to "RIP" them off!
You drive a very expensive well put together machine...treat it that way!

Just my $.02....

Sorry for the rant.......I had a company try and rip off the sides I built from scratch!

Stacy

Old 01-26-2010, 09:12 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
On my 996TT, I found that TechArt's components do not necessarily fit perfectly, and some trimming here and there was still necessary.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:14 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
+1 for genuine and that applies to everything. Knock-offs are just a quick dollar for the unscrupulous mfg and a huge pain in the *** for the end user in terms of quality, fitment and reliability.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
I am always upset by this sort of question. To me "Replica" is just a euphemism for "counterfeit".
I would love to hear Techart's opinion on "replica" parts. They spend hundreds of thousands of Euros in engineering, tooling and manufacturing expense, only to have some THIEVES rip them off for their designs. Then the thieves try to sugar-coat the rip-off by calling it a "replica".
To those of you who make replica anything: SHAME ON YOU!
YOU SHOULD BE ARRESTED!

Old 06-20-2011, 10:35 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I'm with everyone else...I got the techart and it's fantastic...I've seen many replica kits and they look like crap. I've seen other manufacturers kits and hated them as well.

These are not cheap cars...don't cheapen them by bolting on crap.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:20 PM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
There is nothing like the original

Old 06-20-2011, 11:59 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
I agree for the most part except when the original company doesn't it make it in say carbon fiber finish. There is no way around it then.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:36 AM
997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all
I used Techart on my old 997.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
adding to the above opinions, Techart is the only company which used Air tunnel to test their kits.<o></o>

Old 06-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
We've installed a few type II kits and what's amazing is the fit. Not only that but TechArt includes every nut, bolt, air duct, and heat shield you could possibly need.

Replica kits are nice....but you usually end up spending more on paint, prep, and intallation. Enough to narrow the gap between real and replica.

Shoot me a PM with exactly what parts you're looking for. We'll see if we can put it in your reach.
Been there done that on Vettes and now doing a GT2. Like someone said....you get what you pay for but you had better add $$ for the pre and post installation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Genuine Techart or NR Auto??