997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 12:41 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Good luck with your decision… I have seen the red car you’re considering and it looks to be in very nice shape. Only flaw I saw was a small scuff mark on the edge of the drivers door where the paint had been rubbed off.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
For what its worth…When I was in a similar situation trying to decide I opted for a lower mileage car. I’m not daily driving the vehicle and will likely put 4-5k miles/year. So for me it was important to find someone who drove the vehicle the same way. Based upon what you’ve stated your intentions are you’ll probably be very happy with the red turbo.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:52 PM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Certainly go with the color combo and options that get you excited. As mentioned, if either car doesn't REALLY do it for you, perhaps wait a bit for THE car to turn up. Lots of $$$ to spend on a car, so why not get what speaks to you? FWIW Good luck and post your results.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:17 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I don't like either.

This car caught my eye. It's not in my region but it looks real nice. http://pepe.porschedealer.com/2008/P...44528/info.php

Old 01-30-2010, 08:52 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
S, what happened? I thought you already did the deed with the red one??

Old 01-30-2010, 09:47 PM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
I d go for the car with 9,200 miles.

My Porsche dealer ship sells 5 year service contracts for $2,500 if the car has less than 10,000 miles. I will be getting one this year before I hit 10K miles. Factor the costs into the price and offer him X dollars less and explain why.

I d have one of those van repair guys that hang out at the Porsche dealerships do the minor paint repair for little cost and do very good work.

Cabman

Old 01-30-2010, 10:05 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
^Agreed. The 32k car would be still reliable but I would vote for the car with the lower mileage from the friend. The sense of a "new car" is nice and important to me and 32k implies more wear and tear on the leather, more little scratches inside, more little scratches outside, looser suspension components, etc., etc., whether you notice or not.
32k to 9k is too big of a difference to ignore.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:25 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
I want to thank everyone for their input. I'm buying the speed yellow turbo on Wednesday (afternoons off). It's having the brake fluid flushed and oil changed. We added an extending 4 year warranty and new tires for the same price as the red turbo with 32k miles. Again, thanks!!

Old 02-01-2010, 09:32 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drsullivan
I want to thank everyone for their input. I'm buying the speed yellow turbo on Wednesday (afternoons off). It's having the brake fluid flushed and oil changed. We added an extending 4 year warranty and new tires for the same price as the red turbo with 32k miles. Again, thanks!!
Congrats Doc! Can't wait to see it!

Old 02-01-2010, 09:46 PM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
Good sound decision, great.

Cannot beat a low mileage car thats a few yrs old.

The commercial warranties are good and will save you money if something major happens.

I do like Speed Yellow in the Turbo. It was my 2nd choice.

Cabman

Old 02-02-2010, 05:12 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
drsullivan - congrats! Were you able to shave more off the asking price of $85k? I presume both were 2007?

For some reason, I am seeing that 997.1 turbo prices have not been dropping like I thought it would.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:44 AM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sbkim
drsullivan - congrats! Were you able to shave more off the asking price of $85k? I presume both were 2007?

For some reason, I am seeing that 997.1 turbo prices have not been dropping like I thought it would.
He's a good friend of mine who sold the speed yellow turbo with 9300 miles to me for 80K. Both cars are 2007s.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:09 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
wow - that's a great deal! Congrats again.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by bonehead
Congrats Doc! Can't wait to see it!
E, u going to the car show this Sat. at Gainey Village: http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.c...4006#post14006

Old 02-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by drsullivan
E, u going to the car show this Sat. at Gainey Village: http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.c...4006#post14006
Possibly. Car is filthy though

Old 02-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by bonehead
Possibly. Car is filthy though
My friend and I will most likely go (he's driving his 997 GT2).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.