997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 06:08 AM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Help

I am looking at two turbos which are the same price 85k (first time for me in a turbo). I'm having a hard time choosing because of milage. This will be a daily driver and I'll keep it 2-3 years. It won't be tracked and possibly mod'd with sw and exhaust at a later date. The first is yellow on full black with heated sport seats and sport/chrono. There are key scratches on the driver's door 12-15 inches long and one on the drivers mirror (they can be buffed down some more, but ultimately need to be sprayed to not be seen (it has 9200 non-tracked miles and will out of warranty in 4 months and has 2mm on the PS2's). The other is red on black and terracotta with deviating black carpet, heated sport seats, CD changer, sport/chrono, thicker wheel, limited slip, sport shifter, carbon/ill. entry, carbon int. package, carbon shifter and carbon e-brake (32k miles, never tracked single owner lease daily driver - leased and serviced from where it is now - it is also certified - warrantly for 3.5 years, new PS2's, fluids, and brakes).

Old 01-30-2010, 06:43 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
it's a gut decision --- which one speaks to you? personally i like the second of your choices.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:17 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
number 2.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:21 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
second one for sure

Old 01-30-2010, 08:34 AM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sparkhill
number 2.
thx
Originally Posted by dinorocz
second one for sure
thx
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
it's a gut decision --- which one speaks to you? personally i like the second of your choices.
thx

Old 01-30-2010, 09:28 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Is everyone recommending number 2 because of the necessary paint work on #1?
I am sitting here thinking of red with black and terracotta and have this feeling the combination is a little "creeeeepy."

In addition #2 has 32000 miles right? Versus 9200 on #1? That's a huge difference.

My vote: #1 if OP is ok with yellow, as long as CPO could be arranged. But I don't really like the scratch, so my real vote: Wait for another car, unless scratch could be fixed easily and current owner pays for the fix.

Last edited by cannga; 01-30-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by cannga
Is everyone recommending number 2 because of the necessary paint work on #1?
I am sitting here thinking of red with black and terracotta and have this feeling the combination is a little "creeeeepy."

In addition #2 has 32000 miles right? Versus 9200 on #1? That's a huge difference.

My vote: #1 if OP is ok with yellow, as long as CPO could be arranged. But I don't really like the scratch, so my real vote: Wait for another car, unless scratch could be fixed easily and current owner pays for the fix.
I do like the color combo - car can not be CPO. It is a friend's car. Scratches are there, but could be worked on a little more (ie, wet sanded then buffed) - needs new tires, otherwise it is very, very clean. My concerns of the CPO car are the miles 32,400 vs 9200.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:04 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
I am not an expert so please check, but I thought if necessary, you could arrange so your friend sells you the car through a dealer, and this way you could have CPO? Does add to the cost, I know.

Second, is it a good friend? The friend's car is the one with the low mileage right? If so, I would definitely vote to buy the friend's car -- no surprise.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by cannga
I am not an expert so please check, but I thought if necessary, you could arrange so your friend sells you the car through a dealer, and this way you could have CPO? Does add to the cost, I know.

Second, is it a good friend? The friend's car is the one with the low mileage right? If so, I would definitely vote to buy the friend's car -- no surprise.
is there really that much concern with 32k miles on on 07? It would be a daily driver for me at 9k/year.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:05 PM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
if the car is CPO'd then i wouldnt be worried about mileage...gotta pick which one you like...personally when i bought mine #1 requirement was CPO since i wasn't buying new

congrats in advance!

Old 01-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
You have PM

Old 01-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by handdoc
if the car is CPO'd then i wouldnt be worried about mileage...gotta pick which one you like...personally when i bought mine #1 requirement was CPO since i wasn't buying new

congrats in advance!
thanks for the advise I'm suppose to pick it up Monday if I go ahead with the purchase

Old 01-30-2010, 12:30 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
As always, Cannaga makes a good point. I missed the mileage difference. The paint issue on #1 bothered me so much I just decided to skip it making #2 the default choice. If #1 is from a good friend and you know the car's history that changes things a bit. If you simply love #2, then the mileage, while high, should not be too problematic. As suggested you can always just keep looking. There are lots of cars to choose from, so why settle?

Old 01-30-2010, 12:32 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
go with what your heart/gut tells you. To me, either would be fine. I kinda like option 1 better.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:35 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
If you're not in a hurry, wait. I've never truly regretted passing on a car. There will always be others coming along. Perhaps they'll be even more to your liking.

However, I fully support the idea of the CPO. I wouldn't buy a used car without it. Period.

CW

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.