997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Vivid Racing VR825 - my 997TT story

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 01:54 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
Let us know how the AEM water/meth injection goes. If you need help with install, please call! Here is mine mounted under hood. You got 5gal tank so much bigger!

Does this fit on a VTG based car?

Old 02-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
my best trap was a 135mph and 11.13. I am bad at launching. My best 60-130 was a 6.33 varified in the 996TT section.

YSFG35 tiptronic will be MUCH faster in the 1/4 and I urge him to get a PBox.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Milou - yes the AEM and NX kits fit on the VTG car. The AEM Water Injection sprays into the Ypipe and the NX kit sprays on to the intercoolers.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:15 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Milou - yes the AEM and NX kits fit on the VTG car. The AEM Water Injection sprays into the Ypipe and the NX kit sprays on to the intercoolers.
Please post some info about both modds, how do they work? Is it easy to install? Is it safe for the engine? I'm VERY VERY interested.

I think others would like to know also, what about a new topic?

Pics? Advantages/disadvantages.

thx

Old 02-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Former Vendor
Water/Meth injection is safe and very beneficial as you will read here on these forums and others. Basically it is like adding race gas to your car. With a mix of 70/30 meth/water, it sprays into your throttle body to cool down combustion. This allows you to run "cooler" and burn slower like you would with race gas. So you can run higher boost on pump gas and not worry about any knock. The install is fairly easy. I have some more pics on my Project 997TT Gallery Here. This disadvantage of it is if your tuning partner does not have the ability to allow the maps to adjust for higher boost or octane then you need to run different maps.

The Nitrous Express Dual Intercooler kit is a great system for those in warmer climates. Install photos from here and then use the PREVIOUS IMAGE button - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/ga...?i=11868&c=342. This kit sprays nitrous on to the intercoolers to extremely lower the intercooler charge temperature. Like anything on the car, cooler temps means more efficient and more power. The NX kit is manually activatived and sprayed. NX has an optional part to make it based on throttle position to turn on or you can do what we are doing with it. We are adding a Hobbs Switch as seen here. This will allow it to activate on a predetermined to boost level. So as we are flying down the straight or around the track, it sprays at a boost to keep things running COOOOOOL The only downfall of the NX kit is the cost to refill the bottle. Neither one of these are harmful to your 997TT.

Hope that helps

Old 02-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Can you please PM me with pricing

Old 02-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Former Vendor
yes.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Former Vendor
Old 02-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Looking forward to some VBox slips, good work as always Dan!

Old 02-17-2010, 04:14 AM
So the nitrous is not going inside the I/Cs, it sprays them from the outside to drop tem right?

How many sprays can you do before needing to refill the bottle?

Old 02-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Former Vendor
It sprays on top of the intercooler with the flow of the air to give you cooler temps. The bottle is a 5lb bottle as you see in the pic. Depends on how many times you use it, but it will last a while.

Thanks Neil! You guys have been great with us

Old 02-21-2010, 03:56 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Water/Meth injection is safe and very beneficial as you will read here on these forums and others. Basically it is like adding race gas to your car. So you can run higher boost on pump gas and not worry about any knock. This disadvantage of it is if your tuning partner does not have the ability to allow the maps to adjust for higher boost or octane then you need to run different maps.
Great news Dan. In a car with just a free-flow exhaust, can the meth kit with a proper tune achieve the same power as with upgraded VTG's.

How will be the the transition: only gas -> gas+meth -> only gas? Is your tune able to adjust automaticaly the boost levels, timing... with and without meth?

I see a potencial high seller kit: ECU + Meth + Exhaust = 650hp

Old 02-22-2010, 12:08 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Old 02-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
Something is not right here, NOS is not flamable

Old 02-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
If the car backfires, the amount of N02 in the intake manifold acts as an effective force multiplier, being the strong oxidizer it is, it take a normal flame and increases its intensity to the level required to explode manifolds and take off hoods...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing VR825 - my 997TT story