997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

why does the GT-R continue beating the 911 Turbo around the track?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 03:48 AM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I signed NOTHING except a bill of sale receipt. Nissans disclosure form is not an "awareness" document .. it is a pledge of compliance to adhere to Nissan's detailed demands -- sealed with the owners signature . On his own car no less !!!

It was NOT even required by Nissan prior to model year 2010 on the Gtr.
Could you scan and post up that bill of sale receipt? Omit the personal info, of course. I find this hard to believe. Generally, when you buy a new car, the salesperson sits down with you and talks you through the warranty coverage and has you sign an acknowledgement that the info was made known to you. You also sign a bunch of other things (service contract, if you buy one, knowledge of payments to made, knowledge that consumables like brake linings and tires are not covered under warranty, etc.).

Are you sure about that? Check the dates here:
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25361&view=findpost&p=360929

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=24393

Since the car was sold in the US (prior to 2010), page 6 of the owner's manual has explicitly said driving with VDC off (in cases other than for rocking the car in mud/snow) could also lead to warranty denial.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-15-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:10 AM
mtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant future
<table class="tborder" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1"><tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation" style=""><tr><td class="alt2"></td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p2727478" width="50%"> why does the GT-R... </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">02-14-2010 10:58 PM</td> <td class="alt1" width="50%">lolol... nothing personal but h-d is the lamest excuse for an m/c ever!</td></tr></tbody></table>

Another teenager without the stones to sign their neg rep

Old 02-15-2010, 08:36 AM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
Originally Posted by Guibo
Yes. Dodge asks that Viper ACR buyers sign waivers regarding aero and suspension adjustments on that car. A Viper engineer told a Road & Track tester that such adjustments would likely indicate track use and would thus void the warranty.
http://forums.roadandtrack.com/showthread.php?t=34053
They put these same stickers on the Gen 2 ACR's but I don't remember anyone being turned down/voiding their warranty when they adjusted their suspension settings. Most did becase the factory 1100lb rear spring was VERY harsh on the street.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-15-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:53 AM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mtcraigco
<TABLE class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2></TD><TD id=p2727478 class=alt1Active width="50%">why does the GT-R... </TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>02-14-2010 10:58 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">lolol... nothing personal but h-d is the lamest excuse for an m/c ever!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Another teenager without the stones to sign their neg rep

+rep for calling out teh neg rep troll!

Old 02-15-2010, 09:29 AM
mtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
+rep for calling out teh neg rep troll!
Thank you sir.

I happen to like Harleys, and it's OK if other folks don't, it's not their checkbook.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:01 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Could you Nissan owners honestly keep a straight face and say that would ever happen with your Nissan? Hmm... NOT!
Not sure how many GT-R's are out of warranty periods...

How many do you know of?

(I think the answer is 0 - maybe I'm off by a little, but I think it's 0)

It's pretty cool to see clairvoyance here. That's why I joined.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:21 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
This thread has moved way off topic. Several of you are making meaningful contributions. Several of you are not. If you are instigating this, you will be given time off this forum.

Last edited by bbywu; 02-15-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Not sure how many GT-R's are out of warranty periods...

How many do you know of?

(I think the answer is 0 - maybe I'm off by a little, but I think it's 0)

It's pretty cool to see clairvoyance here. That's why I joined.
What do you mean by 0 out of their warranty period??

Mike

Old 02-15-2010, 10:28 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
What do you mean by 0 out of their warranty period??

Mike
First GT-R was delivered in the US on July 7, 2008.

It comes with a 3 yr warranty.

So the earliest a GT-R can be out of warranty will be July 6, 2011... Which, to my knowledge, hasn't happened yet.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
First GT-R was delivered in the US on July 7, 2008.

It comes with a 3 yr warranty.

So the earliest a GT-R can be out of warranty will be July 6, 2011... Which, to my knowledge, hasn't happened yet.
So Nissan gives a 3yr Unlimited mileage warranty??

I didnt think so.. I bid on 1 with 45k miles.. You think it had warranty???

Mike

Old 02-15-2010, 10:48 AM
caymanboy has a spectacular aura aboutcaymanboy has a spectacular aura about
Porsche, there is no substitute!

Old 02-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Ducgsxr is infamous around these parts
Interesting thread. Great debate. This is just my personal opinion, but I think that this is great for all high end sports cars. Believe me, all these threads will make their way to the various manufacturers email inbox at some point. Increased competition breeds further investments in R&D. This translates to accelerated rate of improvement in the products. I'm all for Nissan or whomever nipping at Porsche's heels. It will just improve the breed. The manufacturers will all have to compete that much harder for your $

Off topic, but someone mentioned the Radical earlier. I HIGHLY recommend you do some laps in one if you ever get a chance. It's an outstanding experience for a seasoned driver...

Old 02-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
So Nissan gives a 3yr Unlimited mileage warranty??

I didnt think so.. I bid on 1 with 45k miles.. You think it had warranty???

Mike
So THAT must be the one with all of the issues that aren't being fixed without a warranty, like everybody's Porsche has been, after their warranties expire.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MTGTS
They put these same stickers on the Gen 2 ACR's but I don't remember anyone being turned down/voiding their warranty when they adjusted their suspension settings. Most did becase the factory 1100lb rear spring was VERY harsh on the street.
The point is that Nissan aren't the only ones with "despicable tactics" when it comes to waivers and denial of warranty due to tracking, as it was claimed in this thread. Dodge have some legal defense if they wanted to deny coverage since they have the owner's signature on the contract. This should be all the more abhorrent to some, since the ACR is a model specifically designed and marketed above all other Vipers as a track-ready vehicle.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Former Vendor
So THAT must be the one with all of the issues that aren't being fixed without a warranty, like everybody's Porsche has been, after their warranties expire.
No actually not at all.. I just wanted to point out what you spoke as fact was not so factual.. i am not sure all the other stated Facts you made about Nissan and warranty is accurate either..

Regardless ill own both soon but still I dont care how fast the nissan is around the ring, i always find my way around the comparable GTR's when i am on the track..

Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: why does the GT-R continue beating the 911 Turbo around the track?