997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

How to lift using floor jack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 02:10 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
How to lift using floor jack

I apologize if this was discussed before but I am curious to know where to lift the car using floor jacks.

According to the manual, I believe there is small jacking points on the side of the car but I wasn't sure if standard low profile jack is Ok to use to lift the vehicle from the side. I presume it's advsiable to use hockey puck to avoid damaging the body?

Also, has anyone tried Rhino Ramp? I think the front end is too low to drive up from the front but OK to drive up reverse?

Thank you in advance!

Old 02-13-2010, 09:00 AM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
I have jacked mine up many times with a low profile floor jack using the same jack points in the manual and without a puck and no damage. As far as the ramps go I have been able to back up on the back wheels but unless you get race ramps with the extensions you cannot get the front up on ramps.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:41 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Race Ramps XT + extenders...

Old 02-13-2010, 10:52 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
bbywu - thank you (picture is worth 10000 words) I have regular Rhino Ramp and I just don't see how I can back up the car without damaging the front end since the ramp's pitch.

Sorry - one more question bbywu - is that 67" version? Do I need 67 for 997TT non-lowered?

Last edited by sbkim; 02-13-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:11 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Race Ramps XT + extenders...
Bob, where did you buy those ramps?

Old 12-25-2010, 08:12 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Larry, I think there is a new vendor that sells something by Brute Industries...they are the same company that made my Race Ramps.
The key was the extenders. Any lowered 911 or GT2/GT3 will scrape the front lip without it.

Here's the sponsor Reverse Logic:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3076202

bob

Last edited by bbywu; 12-25-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:35 PM
The photo of the above car was my 997TT...it was lowered to GT3 specs by Ruf in Dallas. The extenders were key, and the Race Ramps have paid for themselves at least 2-3 times over since I purchased them 3 years ago.

bob

Old 12-25-2010, 01:54 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
I use a 2 ton Craftsman aluminum jack. Works great and is low enough profile for both a lowered Turbo as well as the RS. Was about $220 I think. Standard jack points. In fact, you can use just the rear and it lifts the front as well!