997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 GT2 RS Tuning Stage III

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 09:33 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Protomotive 4,5" I/Cs are a great option, sure less expensive

Old 02-13-2010, 11:24 AM
M-M
M-M is a jewel in the roughM-M is a jewel in the roughM-M is a jewel in the rough
If I now buy ICīs for 4-5000€ and after decides to update to Stage 4, I canīt use 9ff ICīs. I asked RS if I could use CG new ICīs (5000€) for stage 4, RS said NO. I start with stock IC`s and give you REAL numbers when my car is back.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:33 AM
1q2w3e4r is infamous around these parts
They look quite tasty.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:06 AM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Looks like Levin Racing i Sweden and a Cargrafic kit, cargrafic use RS tunings software

http://www.cargraphic.de/index.php?/...,3811/&start=3

Last edited by SMR; 02-14-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:18 AM
RUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really nice
Originally Posted by M-M
If I now buy ICīs for 4-5000€ and after decides to update to Stage 4, I canīt use 9ff ICīs. I asked RS if I could use CG new ICīs (5000€) for stage 4, RS said NO. I start with stock IC`s and give you REAL numbers when my car is back.
There is a person who use to post on this forum , now he posts on rennlist called TB993TT, He has intercoolers that are as good as RS and have been tested on there engine dyno and is applicable for his Stage 4 660 hp RS tuning package.

I think they cost somewhere near 10k Euro but they have been proven and approved by RS.

Contact him if you need any information about these ICs

Old 02-14-2010, 08:56 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Old 02-14-2010, 09:35 AM
M-M
M-M is a jewel in the roughM-M is a jewel in the roughM-M is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RUF QTR
There is a person who use to post on this forum , now he posts on rennlist called TB993TT, He has intercoolers that are as good as RS and have been tested on there engine dyno and is applicable for his Stage 4 660 hp RS tuning package.

I think they cost somewhere near 10k Euro but they have been proven and approved by RS.

Contact him if you need any information about these ICs
Thanks, I ve been in contact with Toby (nice guy) heīs the IC guru. I have heard his IC are the same as Secan from 2006 (same manufactory) just 4-5 yearīs older core than Secan has now. I am sure he will see this I think itīs worth 5000€ more for Secan (better value), I already made a good deal with my tuner for Stage IIII (when I want it).

Old 02-14-2010, 10:06 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
looking forward for stage IV

what your tuner think about going with a free flow exhaust (akrapovic aftermarket, m&m...)?

and never see any aftermarket tuning kit for GT2 using a larger GT3 (82mm) throttle body (is stock GT2 the same as TT 75mm ?) and upgraded Y chargepipe? great results on TT...

Old 02-14-2010, 10:54 AM
M-M
[QUOTE=jiaim;2726809]looking forward for stage IV

what your tuner think about going with a free flow exhaust (akrapovic aftermarket, m&m...)?

and never see any aftermarket tuning kit for GT2 using a larger GT3 (82mm) throttle body (is stock GT2 the same as TT 75mm ?) and upgraded Y chargepipe? great results on TT...

Thanks but he donīt want to mix other product`s with RS, everything has to be changed in the ECU for this by RS on a dyno, not worth it. I would like to have Akrapovic race exhaust, thatīs ART! RS tuned cars seems to be faster than many other cars with more HP

I think TBīs car RS 660HP did 1 mile in 27s and Switzer SPI 750 with 90HP more in Moscow Unlim 500+ did 1 mile in 27s

Last edited by M-M; 02-14-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:07 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jiaim

I thought those Y pipes are identical to stock ones in size? As far as i know the only difference is that they are carbon fiber

Old 02-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by milou
I thought those Y pipes are identical to stock ones in size? As far as i know the only difference is that they are carbon fiber
they are larger, they get rid of the bottleneck after the intercooler coopling and are larger volume internally. (have to find pics to show you)

Old 02-14-2010, 11:34 AM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough

Yes same trottlebody, diffrent intake manifolds and alot of gt2 owners go for the TT ones becouse it flow better with the bigger HP kits

Old 02-14-2010, 11:41 AM
M-M
they are larger, they get rid of the bottleneck after the intercooler coopling and are larger volume internally. (have to find pics to show you)
RS & RUF has bigger air inlet to the VTG`s, not larger Y-pipes for some reason in their higher performance kitīs. Why does not other tunerīs have that?

Last edited by M-M; 02-14-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:47 AM
SMR
Originally Posted by M-M
RS & RUF has bigger air inlet to the VTG`s, not larger Y-pipes for some reason in their higher performance kitīs. Why does not other tuner have that?
They have

But RUF and RS doent build HIGH performace kit, they mostly stays at 600-700 kit in the USA people build 1500hp kit and they are way more forward in the development then the gearmanys in the BIG hp kits

Old 02-14-2010, 12:06 PM

found those, remembered this japanese website

there is ipd cast versus stock, the carbon ones offers even more volume due to their construction wich require less materials.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT2 RS Tuning Stage III