997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 GT2 RS Tuning Stage III

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 12:09 PM
M-M
M-M is a jewel in the roughM-M is a jewel in the roughM-M is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SMR
They have

But RUF and RS doent build HIGH performace kit, they mostly stays at 600-700 kit in the USA people build 1500hp kit and they are way more forward in the development then the gearmanys in the BIG hp kits
Please donīt make this to US vs EU again. I want to have a reliable car that I can use everyday. RS can build HIGH performance if you are ready to pay!

Old 02-14-2010, 12:17 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M-M
Thanks, I ve been in contact with Toby (nice guy) heīs the IC guru. I have heard his IC are the same as Secan from 2006 (same manufactory) just 4-5 yearīs older core than Secan has now. I am sure he will see this I think itīs worth 5000€ more for Secan (better value), I already made a good deal with my tuner for Stage IIII (when I want it).
An interesting read regarding the development of CTR's ICs.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/997-gt2-gt3-forum/493373-best-997gt2-intercooler.html

Old 02-14-2010, 12:20 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by M-M
Please donīt make this to US vs EU again. I want to have a reliable car that I can use everyday. RS can build HIGH performance if you are ready to pay!
Yes US cars dont work everyday

Then no one has ever paid RS..Why are you say ing RS all the time the parts on your car looke lika a Cargrafic kit

Old 02-14-2010, 12:26 PM
M-M
M-M is a jewel in the roughM-M is a jewel in the roughM-M is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bbywu
An interesting read regarding the development of CTR's ICs.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...tercooler.html
Thankīs, It was my tuner that told me about his ICīs so there is no misunderstanding, I have full respect for his enthusiasm.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:35 PM
M-M
Originally Posted by SMR
Yes US cars dont work everyday

Then no one has ever paid RS..Why are you say ing RS all the time the parts on your car looke lika a Cargrafic kit
You mean Cargraphic? RS tuning does all engine tuning for (Porsche) Cargraphic incl VTGīs, exhaust design so I donīt understand your point?

Last edited by M-M; 02-14-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:08 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by M-M
You mean Cargraphic? RS tuning does all engine tuning for (Porsche) Cargraphic incl VTGīs, exhaust design so I donīt understand your point?
thats saying that spezialmotorer is doing all work for Porsche, ha ha

Thats a Cargraphic from Levin not a RS tuning

You seems to think Rs tuning is the gods of porsche

Old 02-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Banned
DINpower is a jewel in the roughDINpower is a jewel in the roughDINpower is a jewel in the roughDINpower is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by M-M
Thankīs, It was my tuner that told me about his ICīs so there is no misunderstanding, I have full respect for his enthusiasm.
Can you tell us who your tuner is and what your tuner thinks he knows ?
The cores on the CTR units were manufactured by Marston Aerospace in 2009 using the current materials and techniques they use to build F1 radiators (as used by most of the current teams) and Eurofighter exchangers..... Secan do not currently have more advanced technology in this area than Marston.... Was your tuner trying to sell you something

Old 02-14-2010, 02:48 PM
M-M
Originally Posted by SMR
thats saying that spezialmotorer is doing all work for Porsche, ha ha

Thats a Cargraphic from Levin not a RS tuning

You seems to think Rs tuning is the gods of porsche

Cargraphic are NOT involved in engine tuning for 997 GT2, they are exclusive reseller for RS Tuning who are specialized on Porsche, with a long history.

Cargraphic / RS-Tuning Power kits:
http://www.cargraphic.de/index.php?/...11/&language=1

To me and everybody else this is RS tuning for 997 GT2 Stage III, I have also talked with Gerhard on RS Tuning if you know who he is? Cargraphic only manufactory exhaust partīs (design by RS) in UK because itīs less expensive, ECU, VTGīs is sent direct to RS Tuning as you can see on my ECU.

Please donīt write anything more useless in this thread.

Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2010, 02:55 PM
SMR
I can write what i want in this tread, you know this is Internet

Rs does not design the exhoust system that so wrong

Cargrafic manufactur and sell alot om more parts for ex the intake tubs are not Rs tuning, same with the IC the sell

I know they sell the software to cargrpic but thats all

I very out date so remove ECU and shipp now days, OBD flach is the latest

Old 02-14-2010, 02:56 PM
SMR
Originally Posted by DINpower
The cores on the CTR units were manufactured by Marston Aerospace in 2009 using the current materials and techniques they use to build F1 radiators (as used by most of the current teams) and Eurofighter exchangers..... Secan do not currently have more advanced technology in this area than Marston.... Was your tuner trying to sell you something
Nice one

Old 02-14-2010, 02:56 PM
M-M
Hi DINpower,

yes he said if I want to update my kit I can only use Secan (he wantīs to make money of course). I am sure CTR is very good but for me it will not be a big price difference in my deal, therefore I would go for Secan. I will order a Ferrari 458 Spyder to next year and also buy a Carrera GT so maybe I will not even keep GT2 next summer time will tell

Old 02-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Banned
DINpower is a jewel in the roughDINpower is a jewel in the roughDINpower is a jewel in the roughDINpower is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SMR

Rs does not design the exhoust system that so wrong

Cargrafic manufactur and sell alot om more parts for ex the intake tubs are not Rs tuning, same with the IC the sell

I know they sell the software to cargrpic but thats all
On the 997GT2 the "exhaust system" is the headers and cats, RS did do the development on the headers on the engine dyno to get the lengths, curves and diameters , they use/d these same units on the Alzen race turbos. The 100cell cats are as specified by RS, they are HJS race versions (not the cheaper "tuner-sport" units) Cargraphic make the housings so they can sell the cats in a bolt-on package, RS weld them into the existing housings when they do the kits (since they physically have the cars).

The intake tube may or may not be "RS Tuning" I have no idea who got them made initially but they are different from the ones from Techart (for example) and RS seem to know a lot about them and can explain why they are better than Techart for example and how they have specially prepared smooth internal surface and are the biggest volume which can fit in teh availble space - they specify and sell these same tubes with the kits they install.
All the CG "kits" have been developed and signed off by Schmirler on his engine dyno.....if you ask hard enough CG can send you a certified signed engine dyno sheet....

Originally Posted by SMR
I very out date so remove ECU and shipp now days, OBD flach is the latest
Whilst the "flash" ability is impressive and it certainly seems to take people's minds off the thing which is sooo much more important and that is the provenance of the new program you are cleverly uploading

Old 02-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by M-M
Hi DINpower,

yes he said if I want to update my kit I can only use Secan (he wantīs to make money of course). I am sure CTR is very good but for me it will not be a big price difference in my deal, therefore I would go for Secan. I will order a Ferrari 458 Spyder to next year and also buy a Carrera GT so maybe I will not even keep GT2 next summer time will tell

Who is "he" ?

Old 02-14-2010, 03:25 PM
M-M
Who is "he" ?
Cargraphic reseller (Levin Racing). He comes highly recommended and therefore I used him (3200€ transport costs) itīs wort it.

Last edited by M-M; 02-14-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned
For sure Levin look a good outfit and as a CG reseller they they understand more than some about tuning IMVHO however I have known plenty of great race teams come out with some quality BS when it suits them and I'm afraid what they told you below fits into that category.....

Originally Posted by M-M
I have heard his IC are the same as Secan from 2006 (same manufactory) just 4-5 yearīs older core than Secan has now. I am sure he will see this I think itīs worth 5000€ more for Secan (better value), I already made a good deal with my tuner for Stage IIII (when I want it).
Ask them how the cores which Secan "have now" are different from the cores in the 996tt Secan intercoolers as sold by CG/RS from 2002 ?
They are not - your guy is full of it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT2 RS Tuning Stage III