997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

H&R Sways Vs GMG Sways

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 03:00 AM
Porsche951S is infamous around these parts
H&R Sways Vs GMG Sways

I have H&R Sways, but have also heard good things about GMG Sways.

Does anyone know the stiffness comparision, and if I switched to the GMG would I even notice any difference? BTW, I currently have my H&R Set at Full Stiff Rear, Medium Stiff Front.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:28 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Old 02-15-2010, 07:20 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
i bought gmgs based on other members recs, not installed yet...they are made by eibach

Old 02-15-2010, 07:47 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I noticed a huge difference with the sways installed, body roll is reduced. I think you would be hard pressed to find fault / difference between any of them.

GMG, RSS, H&R etc.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gmoney
I noticed a huge difference with the sways installed, body roll is reduced. I think you would be hard pressed to find fault / difference between any of them.

GMG, RSS, H&R etc.
There are vast differences between sway bars. Type(solid, hollow), diameter, wall thickness, and materials used in building...

Do your research.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:55 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
If you already have HRs, I doubt the old 'butt meter' would notice any difference.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:29 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
There are vast differences between sway bars. Type(solid, hollow), diameter, wall thickness, and materials used in building...

Do your research.
Sure, you could also throw in paint color to the mix but once on the car swapping them out for another brand - as in the case here - Im saying he would not be able to tell the difference.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Gents

Our bars are stiffer than what H&R offers.

There are many factors that go into a sway design as TPC mentioned.

tensile strength of the material used, how it is treated, wall thickness, where the bends are in the bar design are all key factors.

We went with Eibach to manufacture our bars since they have the technology and know how to build a bar that met our specifications.

From personal experiance there is a difference you can feel between our bars and most of the other bars on the market..

If I am not mistaken our bars are the stiffest on the market when compared to other bars of this design.. The only thing stiffer would be a bladded bar design which is not practical for a road car.

Hope that helps.. If you have any other questions please feel free to email me or call.

Thanks again.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Josh@TPCRACING
I just wanted to add a little to what Fabryce had said.

In our opinion, sway bars are the most important parts of a proper suspension setup, right behind proper tire choice. The choice in sway bar, and setting will have a greater effect upon a vehicle's handling characteristics than either full coilover shocks or LSDs.

Companies such as TPCRacing and GMG have put a lot of time and money into developing bars that truly serve to improve the handling performance of Porsche vehicles. Our development goes further than large companies such as H&R in that we have put our products through the rigors of PROFESSIONAL RACING SERIES whether it is the TPCRacing bars used extensively by Rolex Grand Am race teams(and won the 2006 24 Hours of Daytona) or GMG's bars that have seen victory lane many times in the SPEED World Challenge series.
Both TPCRacing's Pro Series Swat Bars and GMG bars are made to be effective at even the highest levels of competition. These are professional race car quality parts that we sell to the general public. On the other hand, the H&R bars are an entry level product, at an entry level price.

I couldnt agree more with what Josh posted.. The fact remains its through motorsports we are able to develop the best products on the market period.
While other companies use the term of "motorsport" or "racing" in there names very few of these companies have the proven track record of winning.... Proof is in the pudding, winning in professional racing gives you the know how to build and develop products that far surpass what most companies who are not racing can produce...

Kudo's to Josh for making a very powerful statement.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.