997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

TPC Racing Blitzkrieg Hybrid Intercoolers: The Most Advanced IC on the Market Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 11:44 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Josh@TPCRACING
The best way to test ICs is not to data log street runs. When doing testing during the R&D of new parts, legitimate testing can ONLY be done via dyno. The reason for this is that when doing testing, on what is essentially a science experiment, you want your test conditions to be free from as many variables as possible. By testing on the street you introduce many variables that could affect the outcome of your testing. Variables include testing into/with the wind, the incline of the street, humidity in the air, how the sun cast shadows across the road creating areas of really cool air broken by sunny areas of warmer air. The are so many variables that can affect the outcome of this sort of testing.

That, on top of the obvious legal conflicts with testing a car up to 150mph on public roads, is why we perform ALL product development on our in-house dyno. We invested a lot on our dyno because using one really is the only way to produce real, REPEATABLE results.

Our real world street "testing" comes from our customers. And believe me, they test our products hard.
why did you get but hurt by his opinion? it had no bad intensions you have yours he has his..

Old 03-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !

That, on top of the obvious legal conflicts with testing a car up to 150mph on public roads, is why we perform ALL product development on our in-house dyno. We invested a lot on our dyno because using one really is the only way to produce real, REPEATABLE results.

Our real world street "testing" comes from our customers. And believe me, they test our products hard.
When I said street I did not mean public... anything besides Dyno. hence, I did testing on both and quickly noticed after datalogging IAts to be higher on the dyno vs street.... Same car, same boost, same everything.
You guys should log the dyno run before and after...
just an idea... I think well worth it for your customers....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
We do a tremendous amount of testing on the race track. Not only in our cars but also in clients cars. Doesnt get any more rigorous than that! It would be fantastic to absolutely A/B our coolers VS the stock ones and I can get IAT numbers from our dyno... But on the street the exact numbers cant be repeated... Moreover they can be faked by not driving as hard, or at lower ambient temps.

We will be posting IATs on Scotts GT2 as it was requested in that thread.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:32 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
hmm..nice to see him go back and edit his post.... ,

Old 03-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unvmy996
hmm..nice to see him go back and edit his post.... ,
he is jumpy, i apologize...

Old 03-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I know they work well. I talk to Todd regularly. 4 years ago I made 4.5s for my car and Todd put them on Scotts previous car. I now have 6 inch and the car is on the dyno at todds.
Mark

click to view

Old 03-13-2010, 01:40 PM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
tuning on the street = death, simple. Good for TPC for not promoting that crap, ignorance is bliss until the moment of impact.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
Thanks for your comments.

I've spoken with Markski and he was not referring to testing on public roads but to using events such as the Texas mile to get this testing done.
Markski is a good guy and his comments were simply misinterpreted. I hope we can put this issue to bed.
I did not mean it in a negative way... and the only reason I said is because I went thru this myself and I was expected to deliver various tests... including IATs on the street( I do not mean public). I have been building ICs on my car with various cores sizes over the years and I have dynod 1000 rwhp... with that said I was offering some insight for whatever its worth... nothing more...
good work and best to you,
mark

click to view

Old 03-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
There is no doubt Markski did not mean anything by it. Frankly I am surprised that more has not been required from you after the initial post on "most ADVANCED" IC's. The knowledge switzer, Markski and Awe bring to the table for IC's is hard to beat and you really have a huge mountain to surmount. Good luck as it looks like a good product.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:30 PM
All good guys.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Banned
DINpower is a jewel in the roughDINpower is a jewel in the roughDINpower is a jewel in the roughDINpower is a jewel in the rough
I don't know at what level of Porsche turbo racing TPS do but the most credible turbo race engine builder in Europe (who develop the engines for the majority of serious racers including the one in the pic below) test their intercoolers on the road as well as the track. Repeated runs up to 200mph (in Germany of course) will reveal much about the effectiveness of intercoolers. IAT Knowledge from this is used to set IATs when engine dyno programming.

Blowing fixed amount of air on a chassis dyno obviously can work to a point but real on road/track airflow is the proof.

Don't want to start a debate - just a counter for browsers, consider the car below and its technology (actually there is a 997VTG verson now but couldn't find a decent pic) and make your own minds up....

Name:  alzen-1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  82.9 KB

Old 03-14-2010, 01:54 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Even if they only produce moderate power increases, they beat the cheap plastic ends of the stock IC and appear to be able to be mounted without major mondifications. When my stock IC fail (and with those plastic ends it's only a matter of time) I'd consider these as a replacement. I don't track my car and have moderate upgrades, so I'm more concerned with street reliability and ease of installation.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
DINpower, that's the 996tt that ran under 7 min at the ring? right? officially it ran it in 7:15. So did they data log that run with IAT's, timing, boost etc for that run? Do you have that info, I would love to see it.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:35 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Our 775B intercoolers are referred to as the "most advanced" ICs available for several reasons.

Right now, TPCRacing is the only company around that has taken the time to develop an IC core for a specific application. We are not buying off the shelf units from Bell which were never designed for this specific application.
I have no doubt that the TPC cores are very effective.

However (without creating a divergence in this thread), I'd simply like to mention that there are several tuners world wide that have custom developed IC cores designed for the 997TT platform. 9ff, RS, AWE, and few others come to mind. These cores are not clearly "off the shelf."

Name:  marston1.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  127.8 KB

Last edited by bbywu; 03-14-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:23 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
From the numbers that I've seen so far with your Blitzkrieg setup, I suspect the numbers will be nothing short of impressive, especially on Scott's car which is probably producing higher temps than a standard stock 996/997TT.

Last edited by bbywu; 03-14-2010 at 11:28 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPC Racing Blitzkrieg Hybrid Intercoolers: The Most Advanced IC on the Market Today