997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

FVD software installed - review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:24 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GBXSport
i see that you're on LI too. Who's doing the work? You taking it to FVD or using someone local for the install?
TKX Performance in Huntington is doing the work. You can do the flash yourself but i'm having them do it while the car is in for exhasut/headers.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:37 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Can't wait to hear how much you like it! Welcome to the land of no CELs.
BTW, I've hit 1.3bar several times in mine....maybe there's something wrong with my car?
In fact, there is a video someplace on youtube of a guy in Germany hitting 1.3, I'll find it.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:51 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Just a side question...but why do all you guys prefer "bar" vs "psi"?

Old 02-24-2010, 09:03 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Personally prefer psi, but the standard nomenclature seems to be with bar in turbo applications.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:41 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Personally prefer psi, but the standard nomenclature seems to be with bar in turbo applications.
I agree.. Seems simplified since we live in the US.. Most of us on here atleast.. We dont state our weight in KG so why Bar.. LOL

Mike

Old 02-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I agree.. Seems simplified since we live in the US.. Most of us on here atleast.. We dont state our weight in KG so why Bar.. LOL

Mike
I don't even know what PSI is....I only read bar here, I keep it real

Old 02-25-2010, 10:04 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
KG's make you feel skinnier! LOL
(me, I'm an old school LBS. and PSI guy) FWIW

Old 02-25-2010, 11:58 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Just got home and the exhaust sounds incredible! Miserable weather so couldn't push the car to see about the flash. It was my installers first FVD exhaust install and he commented on the quality and workmanship of the parts.

Also, great customer service (not shocked from what I've read here). There were some issues yesterday getting the software back from Germany. At 4:00 pm (east coast time) I emailed Rhonda asking what the problem was. She contacted me a little while later saying one of the techs in Germany was going back to the office to make it right - it is now 10:00 pm Germany time. My installer said he was communicating with the tech in Germany at 8:00pm (2:00 AM German time ) Rhonda also made several calls to him to make sure everything was ok.

Can't wait to get some dry weather to let er rip. There is no drone at cruising speeds and quieter at cruising speeds than my previous system. Get on the gas, and it sounds unreal.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I knew you would love it...congrats man! I'm really happy for you

Old 02-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Chris,

I am thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the set up. Can't wait for the weather to clear up so you can really experience the whole kit in action.

Would it be possible to get a video? The muffler that you have is actually the 1st M&M "gen 2" sound version in the U.S., it is slightly more aggressive sounding outside and even quieter inside. M&M just doesn't quit, they are always developing better products. It's funny but I still don't have a video of the sound version 200 cell set up with our new M&M headers.

Just so everyone know's we also have a medium sound version can which TTSurgeon just installed and is "Beta" testing.

Thanks for all the kind words but they are really not necessary, customer service means everything to all of us and we are all a bunch of workaholics anyway. We all love what we do.

Enjoy!
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 02-25-2010, 01:30 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Rhonda, Just for clarification, what is the version I have? As I've said all along, the sound is absolutely superb. I'm losing track of the all the different versions coming out. Maybe you can list them. Thanks, Dave

Old 02-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Chris,

I am thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the set up. Can't wait for the weather to clear up so you can really experience the whole kit in action.

Would it be possible to get a video? The muffler that you have is actually the 1st M&M "gen 2" sound version in the U.S., it is slightly more aggressive sounding outside and even quieter inside. M&M just doesn't quit, they are always developing better products. It's funny but I still don't have a video of the sound version 200 cell set up with our new M&M headers.

Just so everyone know's we also have a medium sound version can which TTSurgeon just installed and is "Beta" testing.

Thanks for all the kind words but they are really not necessary, customer service means everything to all of us and we are all a bunch of workaholics anyway. We all love what we do.

Enjoy!
Rhonda
Rhonda, I will see if I can do a video - i'm technically challenged LOL.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTdude
Rhonda, Just for clarification, what is the version I have? As I've said all along, the sound is absolutely superb. I'm losing track of the all the different versions coming out. Maybe you can list them. Thanks, Dave
Dave,

A. 4 muffler sound levels:

1. TUV (Quiet) ~ 85 dB
2. Sound Version (Medium) ~ 95 dB idle & partial throttle to 98 dB wide open throttle
3. Sound Version (Loud)** ~ 98 dB idle & partial throttle to100 dB wide open throttle
4. Valved Sound Version ~ 85 dB idle & partial throttle to ~ 106 dB wide open throttle

For reference stock is 75 dB

**All of the Sound Version mufflers are now slightly more aggressive sounding and even quieter internally between 1,500 to around 4,000 rpms. These are the 2nd generation sound version mufflers and all of the sound version mufflers from now on will be shipped like this.

B. Each of available in bypass, 100 cell or 200 cell.

C. Tips are sold separately now! We have reduced the pricing on the mufflers and taken the tips out of the packages.

Link to the exhausts on the website…
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/sales4/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <woNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.fontsize2 {mso-style-name:fontsize2;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:394355404; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:-1764352436 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-tab-stop:.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in;} @list l1 {mso-list-id:945844233; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:1738839284 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;} @list l1:level1 {mso-level-tab-stop:.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in;} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} -->*</style>

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 02-25-2010, 10:04 PM
sayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NWturbo
Well, I got a great deal from another member on some FVD software.

All I can say is that "Sayegh87" is a standup guy - if he has any parts to sell, no worries. Thanks Sayegh87

It took about 10 minutes to read my cars ECU with the FVD application and durametric cable.

For some reason - file would not upload. Florian at FVD was awesome, He provided me with his cell number and dealt with the issues at hand immediately. He is a great guy to work with.

Apparently, my laptop had some issue uploading to the FVD server in Germany. Used my friends laptop, and it uploaded without a hitch,

Next morning, the revised file was emailed back to me. I flashed my car in under 2 minutes, and that was it. The process was simple and straightfoward.

Before the FVD flash, I always thought that my 997TT was slower than my 2009 GT-R. With the flash, the 0-60 is almost the same ( at tad slower perhaps), but midrange, the FVD flashed 997TT is "faster" than the GT-R. Will try to get a V-box to objectify my opinions.

Before the flash, in sport mode, it took effort to get 1.0 bar. Now, 1.0 bar is easily achieved and quite often, I have seen 1.2 and even 1.3 bar!!

In normal driving, the car feels completely normal. No wierd anomolies or any thing like that.

Overall, I am 100% satisfied with the FVD software and the company's customer service is without reproach.

Thanks Sayegh87, Florian and Rhonda at FVD.
It was a pleasure dealing with you and I'm glad your enjoying your tune!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Rhonda,
Got it all together, will test it out in the AM....in the snow!
I jacked up one of the clamps on the driver's side in taking it off creating a leak when 1st installed. Now it's OK. I will do a video, maybe mine and Chris's car side by side? I did notice some changes in comparing my old can with the new medium...mum's the word.
Chris, you now have a world class exhaust on a world class car, you will never have any drone or CELs, ever! Fitment is always perfect.
The can alone swap is a little involved, (1.5 hrs and 2 beers) you have to take down the driver's side cat to get access, no biggie.
c

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FVD software installed - review