997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

FVD software installed - review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 11:21 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
thanks to all of you who took the time to respond. I am also impressed with Rhonda's candid info. The exhaust mods, on the other hand, are a bit harder to cloak...
But again, likely not as much of an issue re warranty (of course depending on what has failed) as an ECU mod could be, correct? Less things that could be involved that are relevant to the OEM exhaust system setup vs ECU.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
No issues with the exhaust...

Old 03-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WHAT TURBO?
TT only 2 beers in 1.5 hrs!? Lol! Cant wait for my cable to get here so my 996tt can fly! Thanks, Rhonda and Mark you are truly stand up people who provide A+++ customer service! Thank god I canceled my order with those other guys. FVD FTW!
What Turbo?,

Your most welcome! Glad we could be of service. I just tracked your cable and it will be delivered tomorrow. Please keep me posted with your thoughts on the software. If you have any question, any at all please contact Florian in our IT department. You can reach him at 800-274-2220 Ext. 20. If it is afterhours I have pm'd you my cell phone. Just call me and I will have him contact you directly. He and I are alway's available to help.

Thanks!
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 03-01-2010, 09:21 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
FVD is one of the best companies I've dealt with to be honest very easy and super nice service!

Old 03-01-2010, 10:28 AM
HN-GT2997 is infamous around these parts
I also flashed my 997 GT2 with FVD and I can tell so easy and done so quick the best car i ever drove with the complete mods in total the car is smooth over the hole rpm range.

thanks FVD for the help and perfect customer feedback and support

Old 03-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turbo803
Reborn with my fvd flash!!

Hey Rhonda, I finally got my flash, I like to thank you for all your help, your customer service is second to none!…
Turbo803,

So glad to hear! Your most welcome, just doing my job. If you would be so kind, please give us a 6 month report with feedback on all of your FVD parts. I would like to gather as much info as possible.

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Rhonda,
Got it all together, will test it out in the AM....in the snow!
I jacked up one of the clamps on the driver's side in taking it off creating a leak when 1st installed….
TT Surgeon, Did you receive the new clamp? It should be to you by now. We sent it out the day you posted. Really interested to see the video. Think it would be a great idea to do video Chris’s system with yours “side by side”. Also I sent your feedback to M&M directly…

Originally Posted by Ted
Where it got sticky was with the tranny and RMS issues on the 996's. Just remember the two places it will absolutely bite you is when you sell it to a dealer who wants to CPO it or if somebody wants to PDI your car before they purchase it….
Ted, Great input. Really appreciate it, the more everyone know’s the better! Thanks, Rhonda

Originally Posted by drsullivan
Has anyone used the FVD sw on their 997 GT2?
drsullivan, You can pm cc08gt2, he has had our software on his 997 GT2 for the longest duration in the U.S. He should a valuable source of information.

Originally Posted by yalmutawa
FVD is one of the best companies I've dealt with to be honest very easy and super nice service!
Yalmutawa, Thanks so much!!

Originally Posted by HN-GT2997
I also flashed my 997 GT2 with FVD and I can tell so easy and done so quick the best car i ever drove with the complete mods in total the car is smooth over the hole rpm range.

thanks FVD for the help and perfect customer feedback and support
HN-GT2997, Wonderful new’s, enjoy the GT2 in the German spring and summer! Thanks, Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 03-02-2010, 10:12 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I didn't get it yet, but I reworked the old one, sounds great now, will pm chris to set something up
c

Old 03-06-2010, 09:35 AM
turbo803 is infamous around these parts
Hey Rhonda,

i was just wondering, with my stage 2, 555hp + headers, what rpm should my car be idling at after warm up?

Old 06-24-2010, 09:16 AM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Reborn with my fvd flash!!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1 itxtvisited="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- google_ad_section_start --><!-- In 1st Post Ad --><TABLE border=0 width="100%" itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD vAlign=top width="100%" itxtvisited="1">Hey Rhonda,

I finally got my flash, I like to thank you for all your help, your customer service is second to none!

Now I enjoy driving my turbo again, its so much more fun, the acceleration is just awesome, my car used to be sluggish after 4500 rpm but now the power pulls all the way to redline and thats in every gear!! I think this is how the turbo should have been in the first place.

I already have your sport exhaust, and now just added the headers, it sounds even meaner than ever, with less backpressure everything just feel much smoother.

Keep up the excellent job!!

Cheers </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
i am thinking of getting the fvd, how is the low end torque, loss or gain , when does the boost come on at the lowest rpm in low gears, and lastly , what is the effect of sport button now after the flash, is it better then normal (flashed) or no change.

thanks

Old 06-24-2010, 09:39 AM
turbo803 is infamous around these parts
hey Ronnie,

no power loss in low end, imho the power gain is even smoother than stock.
after the flash - in normal mode it will feel similar to the stock sports mode.
after the flash - in sport mode ur will be a much much happier camper!! the car just pushes all the way to 7000rmp in every gear!! the acceleration is awesome, i was going to sell the car before the flash but i will keep it for abit longer.

hope this helps
cheers

Old 06-25-2010, 10:54 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
hey Ronnie,

no power loss in low end, imho the power gain is even smoother than stock.
after the flash - in normal mode it will feel similar to the stock sports mode.
after the flash - in sport mode ur will be a much much happier camper!! the car just pushes all the way to 7000rmp in every gear!! the acceleration is awesome, i was going to sell the car before the flash but i will keep it for abit longer.

hope this helps
cheers
thanks for the feed back, so what kind of boost do you see now with the flash, in normal mode verses sport mode. do you think there is more torque in sport mode then mormal mode (flased)

Old 06-26-2010, 02:43 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cgng30
thanks for the feed back, so what kind of boost do you see now with the flash, in normal mode verses sport mode. do you think there is more torque in sport mode then mormal mode (flased)

In normal mode I see 1.0 bar of boost in sport mode I see 1.2bar of boost.

Yes there is a noticeable torque and response gain in sport mode.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Has any of you ran the 1/4 or done any dynos with the FVD tune, etc

Old 06-27-2010, 12:22 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
On a performance box I ran 11.6 qtr mile at 124mph, 0 - 60mph in 3.4s and 0 - 100mph in 7.38s.

I need to go do some 60 - 130mph testing and 0 - 300km.

This was all in hot weather too.

P.S. I dont know how accurate the performance box is but I've been told it's good.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:09 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
It's amazing how a change in programming can bring out extra horses in the 997. With the Aston V8V there was nothing that could show similar gains whatsoever!!! Well, there was the power pack for $4k... and even that was minimal compared to this simple flash.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FVD software installed - review