997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

FVD software installed - review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 01:34 AM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
FVD software installed - review

Well, I got a great deal from another member on some FVD software.

All I can say is that "Sayegh87" is a standup guy - if he has any parts to sell, no worries. Thanks Sayegh87

It took about 10 minutes to read my cars ECU with the FVD application and durametric cable.

For some reason - file would not upload. Florian at FVD was awesome, He provided me with his cell number and dealt with the issues at hand immediately. He is a great guy to work with.

Apparently, my laptop had some issue uploading to the FVD server in Germany. Used my friends laptop, and it uploaded without a hitch,

Next morning, the revised file was emailed back to me. I flashed my car in under 2 minutes, and that was it. The process was simple and straightfoward.

Before the FVD flash, I always thought that my 997TT was slower than my 2009 GT-R. With the flash, the 0-60 is almost the same ( at tad slower perhaps), but midrange, the FVD flashed 997TT is "faster" than the GT-R. Will try to get a V-box to objectify my opinions.

Before the flash, in sport mode, it took effort to get 1.0 bar. Now, 1.0 bar is easily achieved and quite often, I have seen 1.2 and even 1.3 bar!!

In normal driving, the car feels completely normal. No wierd anomolies or any thing like that.

Overall, I am 100% satisfied with the FVD software and the company's customer service is without reproach.

Thanks Sayegh87, Florian and Rhonda at FVD.

Last edited by NWturbo; 02-20-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:41 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Congrats!
I would love to drive a car with the FVD flash to compare it to my giac
I hold FVD with the highest regard
they are what all companies should strive to be in my opinion

Old 02-20-2010, 09:39 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by raclaims
Congrats!
I would love to drive a car with the FVD flash to compare it to my giac
I hold FVD with the highest regard
they are what all companies should strive to be in my opinion
Anytime after this Wed. you're welcome to drive mine Yep, bit the bullet and will have their exhaust, headers, and flash done this week.

I need to see your TA kit so we'll make the arrangements.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:30 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by E55AMG
Anytime after this Wed. you're welcome to drive mine Yep, bit the bullet and will have their exhaust, headers, and flash done this week.

Let me know when you guys get together, I would love to join and check the FVD flash out myself as I have been on the fece about it for a while now.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:20 AM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nyamg
Let me know when you guys get together, I would love to join and check the FVD flash out myself as I have been on the fece about it for a while now.
Plus one here as well, I have the Fabspeed performance package on my and would like to compare to the FVD

Old 02-20-2010, 12:17 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Sounds great guys.
NYAMG...I'm pretty sure my car had the flash when you drove it but can't remember for sure.
It would be a lot of fun to compare the tunes, etc. I miss driving my car!

Old 02-20-2010, 01:55 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by raclaims
Sounds great guys.
NYAMG...I'm pretty sure my car had the flash when you drove it but can't remember for sure.
It would be a lot of fun to compare the tunes, etc. I miss driving my car!

You definetely had the GIAC when I drove your car, I'm interested to see how the two compare......

Old 02-20-2010, 04:59 PM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
My car is so much faster too with the FVD flashing.

Rhonda is great to work with. What a great change to a super car.

Cabman

Old 02-20-2010, 06:29 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NWturbo
Before the flash, in sport mode, it took effort to get 1.0 bar. Now, 1.0 bar is easily achieved and quite often, I have seen 1.2 and even 1.3 bar!!
Very interesting. You see 1.3 bar in the dashboard readout?
To the best of my knowledge, the 997 Turbo is programmed to read max of 1.2 bar, regardless of the actual boost pressure. This has been confirmed by a number of different cars with different tunes.

Does the FVD program actually alter this max reading?

Last edited by cannga; 02-20-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:17 PM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, one time I did see 1.3, but never again.

Always 1.2.

Or, it could be my imagination....

Definitely 1.2 all the time.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:55 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Very interesting. You see 1.3 bar in the dashboard readout?
To the best of my knowledge, the 997 Turbo is programmed to read max of 1.2 bar, regardless of the actual boost pressure. This has been confirmed by a number of different cars with different tunes.
Is there another boost graph? Mine reads psi with a tick mark about the 5 position, number 9 in the center, another tick mark about the 15 position, and then number 18 at the end.

At one time I thought I found a boost read-out that actually told me the BAR in numbers, but I must have been dreaming because I can't find it now.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:44 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
Is there another boost graph? Mine reads psi with a tick mark about the 5 position, number 9 in the center, another tick mark about the 15 position, and then number 18 at the end.

At one time I thought I found a boost read-out that actually told me the BAR in numbers, but I must have been dreaming because I can't find it now.
Use the stalk go to units then boost and change from psi to bar

Old 02-21-2010, 04:18 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
A quicker way to convert units is the google site. In the search bar just type: X unit to unit.

Example: 18 psi to bar. The result will be: 18 pounds per square inch = 1.24105631 bar

About the 1.3 bar, i thought that FVD and Giac is the most conservitive tunes, because there is several members that changed their tunes for other companies.

Last edited by Tiago; 02-21-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:21 AM
turbo803 is infamous around these parts
Reborn with my fvd flash!!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1 itxtvisited="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- google_ad_section_start --><!-- In 1st Post Ad --><TABLE border=0 width="100%" itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD vAlign=top width="100%" itxtvisited="1">Hey Rhonda,

I finally got my flash, I like to thank you for all your help, your customer service is second to none!

Now I enjoy driving my turbo again, its so much more fun, the acceleration is just awesome, my car used to be sluggish after 4500 rpm but now the power pulls all the way to redline and thats in every gear!! I think this is how the turbo should have been in the first place.

I already have your sport exhaust, and now just added the headers, it sounds even meaner than ever, with less backpressure everything just feel much smoother.

Keep up the excellent job!!

Cheers </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 02-22-2010, 03:02 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by E55AMG

i see that you're on LI too. Who's doing the work? You taking it to FVD or using someone local for the install?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FVD software installed - review