997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT Silver vs Artic Silver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:32 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
GT Silver ftw

Old 02-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Alpine ///M is infamous around these parts
i've always prefered gt silver

Old 02-21-2010, 01:59 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Polar Silver is not available in 997TT?

Old 02-21-2010, 04:54 AM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
A guy in my office complex has a GT Silver 997 Turbo. Every time I walk past his car I hope to be dazzled and amazed but I'll always ho-hum. I don't believe he's into detailing at all so that might have something to do with it. If I were looking in this direction I'd skip both and go to Meteor Gray...that's a great color!

Old 02-21-2010, 05:51 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute

From a paint chemistry perspective, GT has a bit more warmth to it (more red) and is a slight tone darker.
Arctic, on the other hand, is more pure silver - black/white/etc. Both are great colors, don't let one throw you.

If you find a car that is optioned the way you like, and you are ok with silver, either will solve the problem.

I like 'em both.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:09 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)

From a paint chemistry perspective, GT has a bit more warmth to it (more red) and is a slight tone darker.
Arctic, on the other hand, is more pure silver - black/white/etc. Both are great colors, don't let one throw you.

If you find a car that is optioned the way you like, and you are ok with silver, either will solve the problem.

I like 'em both.
well said Eric, agree 100%

and for the OP here are some pics of mine, this should help you out as some are indoors and in different light

Attached Images     

Last edited by dinorocz; 02-21-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:01 AM
avonlady has a spectacular aura aboutavonlady has a spectacular aura about
Both colors can work. They both match well with carbon fiber pieces.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:00 AM
laxexquis is infamous around these parts
Nice to hear everyone's responses.

I think GT Silver is the winner. I took a trip to a Porsche dealer which had a GT Silver 911 and compared it to the Arctic, it really is stunning. After all, it is the color they put on their $400,000 CGT. It is just richer, deeper and so much more interesting then the Arctic. The Arctic seems like a regular silver seen on Lexus and BMWs. I think the GT Silver is actually worth the extra 3k. IMO of course.

Now, with a GT Silver exterior, what interior would be best? I'm thinking black, because I want to make the Chrono clock Guards Red. But what about Terracotta or the Red?

John

Old 02-21-2010, 09:25 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
My GT Silver 997TT has the 2 tone black/terracotta interior, has to been seen in person to be appreciated. Pictures make Terracotta look too orange.

GT Silver with 2 tone Black/Terracotta is a great combo.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:26 AM
7Speed is infamous around these parts
GT Silver all day!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2010, 09:41 AM
alin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud of
I had a GT silver 997S which was a fantastic silver. More of a "titanium" hue, IMHO. Again, purely subjective, but the GT silver looked great in both bright sunlight and overcast days, while Arctic looked "washed out" to me in bright sunlight...

Old 02-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
GT Silver looks better in the sun, so if you live somewhere that has lots of sunshine then GT Silver will be stunning.

This is my weather forecast for the next week, and is like this for most of the year...

Name:  screenshot0121-Feb-10.gif
Views: 2245
Size:  33.5 KB

so Arctic Silver works very well for me:

Name:  DSC00350.jpg
Views: 2271
Size:  92.5 KB

Old 02-21-2010, 11:43 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
ALEX - I couldn't agree more. I just got my GT Silver after debating for months on whether to get Artic. GT silver simply looks amazing in bright sunlight. Cloudy day makes the car look a bit dull so I think Artic may look slightly better.

Dinorocz pictures accurately portray how the color changes under different light.

I have no regrets whatsoever for getting GT silver.

Last edited by sbkim; 02-21-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:54 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skandalis447
Between these two...I would prefer Polar Silver...It has lightness of Arktic Silver with the shine of GT Silver...
Me too!

I like

1) Polar (hints of blue)
2) GT (classy and more distinctive)
3) Arctic (way too common)

IMHO

Old 02-22-2010, 08:52 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I thought Arctic was just fine until you sit it next to a GT Silver car and then you realize the GT silver just looks better - my thoughts at least. Your tastes may vary.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT Silver vs Artic Silver