997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT tip upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 04:28 AM
WhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to behold
I forget the walve body, it is a must
I will send you also this part

Old 04-14-2010, 04:36 AM
997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all
Cool, could you please send me the price if you don't mind for this job?
Thanks

Old 04-14-2010, 04:59 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997John
Cool, could you please send me the price if you don't mind for this job?
Thanks

me 2 please

Old 04-14-2010, 05:05 AM
WhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to behold
I'm in italy now I will send you the price friday morning
the walvebody you can buy it in your country if you can find it in stock, I bought it mine in germany İt takes 2 days to come to turkey

Old 04-14-2010, 05:06 AM
your e-mail please

Old 04-14-2010, 07:22 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
what about gear changes? I was told that adding discs makes the gear shifts more raw, not smooth as normal tip. A friend who had his tip upgraded from MKB said that on hard acceleration its nice to have the more agressive gear shifts but on normal town driving is not nice to have those stiff shifts.

I

Old 04-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by milou
what about gear changes? I was told that adding discs makes the gear shifts more raw, not smooth as normal tip. A friend who had his tip upgraded from MKB said that on hard acceleration its nice to have the more agressive gear shifts but on normal town driving is not nice to have those stiff shifts.

I
it is true that it is not soft as normal tip

i think this agressive gear shifts is coming from new walve body but i like it
it is like dsg

Old 04-14-2010, 04:11 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
it is true that it is not soft as normal tip

i think this agressive gear shifts is coming from new walve body but i like it
it is like dsg

Under hard accelerationis not a problem, what about normal driving?

Old 04-14-2010, 04:48 PM
997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all
The valve body is the reason for the agressive shifting.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:01 PM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
Under hard accelerationis not a problem, what about normal driving?
not very bothering.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by besiktas
not very bothering.

thank you,

so you're running the tip with the GT3076 kit from Protomotive?

Can it handle all that power? Can you run on full boost?

Old 04-16-2010, 12:32 AM
I'll send my gearbox to MKB next week, does anybody knows the actual weight of the Tiptronic, i need to know in order to arrange shipping.

thx

Old 04-16-2010, 03:04 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
I'll send my gearbox to MKB next week, does anybody knows the actual weight of the Tiptronic, i need to know in order to arrange shipping.

thx
milou .. i advise you to wait .... i told you before i do not think that you need to add discs ,,, the gearbox is strong so much ,, when i opened my tranny nothing was broken .. just i ask to upgrade the TC to make shifting better ...

do not waste your money your car just 700 hp .. for sure the gearbox can hold the power

Old 04-16-2010, 03:26 AM
Originally Posted by ysfg35
milou .. i advise you to wait .... i told you before i do not think that you need to add discs ,,, the gearbox is strong so much ,, when i opened my tranny nothing was broken .. just i ask to upgrade the TC to make shifting better ...

do not waste your money your car just 700 hp .. for sure the gearbox can hold the power
The past week i did some runs, collect some ECU data and send them to Todd, he said we had some space of improvement so i waited a few days for him to make a new map for my car. Yesterday he send me the new map and i uploaded it on my car, the gearbox slips in almost all gears, the car felt a lot more powerful now so it has to be done.

MKB says torque converter used on the 997 turbo is the same with the 65 AMG with three discs, can hold upto 1300nm/torque

Old 04-16-2010, 03:37 AM
well .. ok as you like .. how much it gona cost you ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT tip upgrade