997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Porsche 997 TT interior sound levels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 01:47 AM
cdragos is infamous around these parts
Porsche 997 TT interior sound levels

Anyone besides me thinking that the interior sound levels produced by the engine and road noise is really high? I seems to me that the 996 turbo was quieter inside (I sold mine 2 years ago, so I cannot do a head to head comparison).

But the thing is it feels tiresome and bothering.

The purpose of the sound insulation in this car should be to filter the nasty noises, and let just a little bit of the engine noise to get inside, but I'm beginning to think that they didn't install any.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:02 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Try get into a Galiardo

Old 03-01-2010, 02:06 AM
I test drove a F430 6 months ago, and as far as I remember was quieter inside.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:18 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Was you wearing a helmet?

Old 03-01-2010, 02:28 AM
either that or I'm getting old,
well, I'm pretty sure that the tire noise was less striking that in the Porsche anyway. It feels and sounds awful.

Any options on soundproofing?

Old 03-01-2010, 02:32 AM
What tires are you using?

Old 03-01-2010, 02:36 AM
standard tires

Old 03-01-2010, 02:49 AM
I mean what brend? I have Pirelli now and they are not as quiet as my previous Michellin

Old 03-01-2010, 02:52 AM
I have Michelin, and although the reviews say otherwise, they are noisy as hell

Old 03-01-2010, 02:56 AM
Get a LEXUS, the only thing you will hear is you breathing

Old 03-01-2010, 02:59 AM
I know, it's scary silent

Old 03-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Put it this way - you can hear my engine/exhaust coming about 1/2 mile away, you can barely hear a thing in the cabin!

...and I have been told many times that I have super-hearing

Old 03-01-2010, 06:48 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
As the tires wear they get rather loud.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:18 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I think its very quiet inside the cabin, the only noise I heard (when stock) was the loud Pirelli road noise. Even with the modded suspension there are less interior panel / rattles / squeak noises in my Porsche vs. my Honda Civic hybrid.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:41 PM
BostonRocket is infamous around these parts
Because the engine and exhaust system take up every square inch of space behind the cabin, there isn't much room for insulation, fender liners and such. Match that with 11.5" wide, sticky tires, and you are gonna get road and engine noise. Compared to a Ferrari, Lamborghini, and just about any other sports car, I must say the TT is actually the quietest. The only noise that bothers me is when the tires kick up road debri and bounce it of the shiny metal bits. Makes my hair stand up.

'Rocket

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche 997 TT interior sound levels