997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

How many of you (men) let your wife drive your 997 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 04:09 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
my wife drives mine 3-4x per month. No biggy to me since she's a very good driver and loves the manual transmission.

When I do a new external mod(wheels, spoiler, etc.) or wanna listen to the exhaust once in a while, I also have her drive it up and down the street(and freeway) to see how the car look/sounds. She loves driving it.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:55 PM
turbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura about
My wife drives my GT2 every now and then.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
She'd love to drive it and has the odd winge on that but she cant drive stick...probably not a bad thing since that tech lower front lip went on .
So things happen for a reason I guess. I do know she liked the odd drive of my 996 tip and misses that. I offered tuiton for her to learn manual but so far so good.... that offer not taken up as of yet. So,the lip lives to see another day .

Old 03-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TestJet
Not a chance, bought her a new 2010 RX350 instead and life is good
Good call.

I don't let my wife drive my cars either.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:33 PM
BostonRocket is infamous around these parts
I drive her RRS S/C so she is allowed to drive my Turbo.

'Rocket

Old 03-01-2010, 09:21 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by therock88
At the risk of getting blasted, I thought I would ask....And to be politically correct...How many of you (women) let your husband drive your 997 Turbo?

My wife simply asked the other day...Or stated...I would like to drive that car sometimes....Now mind you she has a 996 Cabriolet and Cayenne S...But I pictured my turbo with no front spoiler, a Coach purse imprint in the leather seats, and a Nordstroms parking ticket in the glove box

Just asking for fun...Not trying to be a pig or anything...So take it lightly please! And women...No offense...I love my beautiful spouse!

Main reason I stay with a manual trans is to keep the wife and kids from asking to use my turbo. Most women don't want the bother of trying to perfect the required hand/leg to brain cordination. Soon, it looks like these automatic-dual clutch manuals will be all that is offered. And with this, domestic problems will be emerging.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:29 PM
GEO 450 is infamous around these parts
No interest from my wife, she has driven many manuals over the years, but when she drove our 2006 BMW M3 6 speed and it started doing this bucking bronco thing she kind of freaked out. I told her the 997TT was harder to drive than the M3 and she wants no part in that party. Guess I lied a bit

Old 03-01-2010, 10:21 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
My wife drives all our cars whenever she wants. But with the kids most of her trips are in her X5. But when she heads out with the girls she will jump into the our TT Cab. She also loves to drive our M5 SMG.

That is why we have these cars is to drive them and enjoy them. Why would she be any different? Only car she doesn't want to drive is the Cup car.

JCM

Old 03-01-2010, 10:49 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
My gf drives my M3 (manual) , my 997s(PDK), and Honda si (manual) .

My Turbo has a stage 3 clutch and with the power assist removed it may be a bit tricky to push the pedal so she's content opting out .

Old 03-02-2010, 01:15 AM
BCNeil is a splendid one to beholdBCNeil is a splendid one to beholdBCNeil is a splendid one to beholdBCNeil is a splendid one to beholdBCNeil is a splendid one to beholdBCNeil is a splendid one to beholdBCNeil is a splendid one to behold
My wife drives all the time. She hasn't raced the 997 yet.
However, I used to drag some of my other cars. In most of them she could beat my times. I guess because she is lighter, or maybe cause she could careless if something breaks.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Heck Yeah! I don't have a 997TT, I have an X50. She has driven it and will again. She is a better driver then most of my friends. None of them get to drive my car.<O</O

Old 03-02-2010, 10:52 AM
wallmon is infamous around these parts
I don't and won't! She's a freakn' klutz

Old 03-02-2010, 12:20 PM
HRTC is infamous around these parts
This thread is worthless without pics

Old 03-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
wifey bringing the tt home from TPC

wifey and daughter in the RS60

Old 03-02-2010, 01:29 PM
HRTC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Schwabe
wifey bringing the tt home from TPC

wifey and daughter in the RS60
Nicely played sir

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How many of you (men) let your wife drive your 997 Turbo?