997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Have you painted the front lip ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 02:01 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
ordered mine from rennsport 1. they're due to arrive tomorrow.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Ok for those who ask about the skid plate for the TechArt lip: Mine is a one-off custom made item by forum sponsor RSS/Stuttgart Performance http://rss.rpmware.com/, but since then I believe it's made in larger quantity and is available from RSS, or Rennsport One (????). For the life of me, I can't find it on their web sites but Chris/E55AMG just got one so maybe he could chime in. (FWIW, Mike/GotBoost? was the first one who came up with this fantastic idea, with RSS help.)
The skid plate costs about $300, is made of ABS plastic, about 3-4 mm thick, looks like a thin boomerang, and fits perfectly underneath the Techart lip. It's intalled in my car by RSS/Stuttgart Performance using "reverse rivet," with the rivet flush with the surface.

Below are two pictures with the thing on my car. You hardly would notice it unless you look. It works very well for bottom scrapes, judging from the markings on it, and prevents possible deep gouge to the $2400 lip. It did not make my car scrape more, not easily noticeably so anyway.

Thanks Cannga, appreciate the nice comments!
If anyone needs these skid plates, they can be found on our online store here for a very special forum member discount, or feel free to give us a call:
http://www.rss.rpmware.com/rss/rss_s.../i-301292.aspx

Thanks

Last edited by Sales@RSS; 03-04-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Bryan - is there a similar piece that thin for the stock turbo lip?

Old 03-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Bryan - is there a similar piece that thin for the stock turbo lip?
Hi Eric, hope all is well.

At this time we don't offer a skid plate for the stock Turbo lip due to the fact there really isn't enough surface area for a quality fitment. The Techart front lip has almost a flat underside perfect for mounting a skid plate. I recall reading a few threads on 6speed where guys have made their own variations for the stock lip if you want to try and search. I'll let you know if we have something available in the future. Thanks.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
One a year

I go through at least one front lip a year - but I drive it every day through winter ice and those severe road dips for rain in San Diego. Fortunately they are not too expensive and go with lowering the car.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:39 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ray
Since our CF lip is very similar to TA front lip. We offer skid plate which is same design wtih Can's TT. Price at $80 a pair. We received couple request with skid plate for OEM lips, we're going to looking into this and will have OEM version skid plate shortly. PM me if interest!
$80?!!! How did you manage to make it so inexpensive? Is it exactly the same as mine? ABS, 4mm thick, boomerang shaped? I went to your web site but didn't see any picture; could you post some?

Last edited by cannga; 03-03-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:41 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
Thanks Cannga, appreciate the nice comments!
If anyone needs these skid plates, they are not currently on our website but will be shortly. Feel free to give us a call for your Forum Member Special Pricing.....714.545.1046 or 714.432.8815

Thanks
You are welcome Brian and thank you for the excellent work. Please tell Mike I said hello.
Does RSS make the skid plate that Rennsport One sells? Or is that one different from yours?

Old 03-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by cannga
You are welcome Brian and thank you for the excellent work. Please tell Mike I said hello.
Does RSS make the skid plate that Rennsport One sells? Or is that one different from yours?

Hi Cannga,

Appreciate it. Mike says Hello. Yes, the skid plates that Rennsport-1 have are indeed the RSS versions. Hope to see you soon, swing by to check out some of the new projects anytime... Take care, Bryan

Old 03-04-2010, 11:17 AM
bijan is infamous around these partsbijan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I love my aerokit and suspension and if I had to do it all over again --I would !!!! That's how beautiful it is.

Even the plastic stock spoiler can scrape and the stock suspension is the worst suspension I have ever driven in any of the Porsche models.

If you really are totally set on a maintenance free lip . the better choice is a 997S . The Turbo (even stock) is designed with a low lip .

I also havea 9997S BTW and it's also lowered and the lip does not scrape.
have you lowered it at all or stayed stock?