997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

gt2 engine mounts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 07:28 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
gt2 engine mounts

I am taking a different approach as i dont track my car much , mostly spirited driving. Instead of going with wevo or rs mounts , I was thinking of using gt2 oem mounts on my 997.1 tt. i checked from renntech / loren that it is a motorsports part # and all the hardware for both cars is the same. theoratically it should fit but not sure. can somebody with a 997 gt2 take a pic of the engine bay with the mounts. i want to see what they look like. much appreciated

Old 03-02-2010, 08:31 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
bro they're exactly same ! there's no different between the engine mounts except the turbo's as i know .. !
if m wrong pls correct me !

Old 03-02-2010, 08:34 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
bro they're exactly same ! there's no different between the engine mounts except the turbo's as i know .. !
if m wrong pls correct me !
I101 is PET code for the GT2:

Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2010, 08:36 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Thet are differnent part nums. Gt2 is motorsport num

Old 03-03-2010, 02:16 AM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Its not a motorsport nr its a regular nr, i would bother change to the gt2 engoen mounts no diffrence

Old 03-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Why do you say that smr, have you tried it out, its definatley a differnt part # and it ends with a 91 and I was told that's motorsport part. I am talking about a 997 gt2 part #

Old 04-10-2010, 03:19 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
300 plus each...

Old 06-12-2010, 06:12 PM
So i removed the turbo engine mounts and installed the gt2 engine mounts, they were exact fit and as i suspected the turbo mounts were soft i could move the shaft with my hand, and ont the gt2 mounts i could barely move the mount shaft. so it is confirmed that the gt2 mounts are motorsport part #. (stock look) so it is lot stiffer then turbo mounts. waiting to install the exhaust . will keep posted about the drive feel.

Last edited by cgng30; 06-13-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:35 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
The RS motor mount p/n I had installed for my TT is: 964-375-043-81. I could actually feel the difference.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
The RS motor mount p/n I had installed for my TT is: 964-375-043-81. I could actually feel the difference.
i am sure i will feel the difference as well because as mentioned before the turbo mounts were soft the shaft was movable by my hand power, i thought about the rs mounts , but i opted with gt2 as it was a direct fit and stiffer then turbo. so we will se. ruf_turbo can you tell me where you saw the difference so i know what to look at. also do you think chassis reinforcement is required when you put stiffer mounts.i read in other forums that it was, not sure about 997 chassis?

Last edited by cgng30; 06-13-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:46 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cgng30
i am sure i feel the difference as well because as mentioned before the turbo mounts were soft the shaft was movable by my hand power, i thought about the rs mounts , but i opted with gt2 as it was a direct fit and stiffer then turbo. so we will se. ruf_turbo can you tell me where you saw the difference so i know what to look at. also do you think chassis reinforcement is required when you put stiffer mounts.i read in other forums that it was, not sure about 997 chassis?
The backend of the car just felt more planted, more solid with the RS mounts. You could rev the engine with the stock mounts and see the car 'motor torque'. With the RS mounts there was no movement whatsoever.

I never heard anything about chassis reinforcement when I talked with Wevo or my dealer (Suncoast) about installing the mounts.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:54 AM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
I'm running with rs mounts too.
as mentioned upper more solid etc but it's more difficult during hard launching, rear wheels jumping...I think I will use the stock ones again.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
The backend of the car just felt more planted, more solid with the RS mounts. You could rev the engine with the stock mounts and see the car 'motor torque'. With the RS mounts there was no movement whatsoever.

I never heard anything about chassis reinforcement when I talked with Wevo or my dealer (Suncoast) about installing the mounts.
thats good, because when i was doing my research found that the engine carrier , the mounts for the engine mounts were the same for turbo and gt2, so that told there was no reinforcement required there. i mispoke on my last post, i have yet to try it out as i am waiting for the exhaust. i was surprised to see that the turbo mount shafts could be moved with my hand.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:05 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Was the turbo engine mount moving because it was worn, or does it move like that out of the box?
Any downside to running solid motor mounts on the street?

Old 06-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT
I'm running with rs mounts too.
as mentioned upper more solid etc but it's more difficult during hard launching, rear wheels jumping...I think I will use the stock ones again.
i wasnt aware of that , what is your def of hard launch. thanks for the feed back, is it that bad you want to change to stock mounts? thats one of the reason i opted with gt 2 mounts as they are still hydraulic , but lot stiffer then turbo. we will see how it performs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gt2 engine mounts