997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Leather ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 06:26 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
definitely make these options now, because it is difficult, not impossible, to do it afterwards

if you are doing a contrast stitching, they really stand out and are worth the extra money

key spots IMO:
door sill entry
defroster vents and center speaker
center console
armrest w/ logo
rear console
seatbacks
door finishers
shifter/ebrake

the overhead area is a great option as are the visors, but not as visually effective as the lower pieces

Old 03-07-2010, 07:32 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by trice9
I'm not sure what DAW is
DAW is the shifter/brake option (6 speed) that you must (at least in 2008) order if you want the stitching on the shifter & brake. It is a very glaring error made by many to not include this when ordering stitching. This sheet from Porsche may not be up to date for the 2010s, but it shows the various shifter/brake options.

Only the combinations that have the == with it are made with stitching and DAX is not available in the states.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:36 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
I ordered my Turbo S yesterday,and to go with my dark blue metallic exterior,i chose brown natural leather along with the following:seat ventilation,heated seats,12 way power seats,PCM package leather(CUR),which while pricey at 2225$,blends much better w leather interior...PDK gear selector gate surround in leather(XWU).rear center console in leather(XMZ),door finishers in leather(XTV) and Leather interior natural leather...
In my opinion,the more leather,the better and more elegant the interior looks

Old 07-07-2011, 12:51 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
just placed an order with them. Always regretted not getting PCM in leather and have tried over the last year or so to get it. Price was staggering. Price from exclusive was less than what it would have cost from the factory.

communication with Frank has been excellent and it looks like their work is 1st class. Also ordered a few other pieces.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:28 PM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Leather makes your car unique and for the amount of money these cars cost I expect to have a car with as much luxery as possible. For some folks these options are not necessary because they do nothing for performance. For me I want my car distiguished looking and Leather is a good way to make it look that way. I didn't go for the deviated stitching because I was happy with the standard one that my black interior came with. With that said this is what I ordered back in 2007:

Rear center console leather
Gear lever/handbrake Alu/leather
Leather package switch panel (blacks out the vents to match leather interior)
Gear lever trim leather
Storage compartment lid w/model logo
Roof liner in leather
Dome lamp cover in leather
Door finishers in leather

I passed on leather rear seatback covers (they scratch easily) and Leather PCM (too expensive)
Porsche crest in headset
Inner sill parts in leather (must be carefull not to scuff it)
Steering Column in leather
Instrument surround in leather
Leather sunvisors
Interior package A pilliar leather
Fuse box trim leather
Thicker steering wheel leather (this should be standard)

Went on Ebay to purchase (these are factory made):

Bose subwoofer covers in leather
Luggage handles behind seat in leather

Last edited by gradyex; 07-07-2011 at 08:30 PM.