997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Clutch Pedal Won't Come Back Up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Clutch Pedal Won't Come Back Up

Went down to start up the 997TT and I noticed it shifted into 1st rough. I havent drove it in 2 weeks. I noticed that the clutch pedal was completely gone the 1st half way, then enganged at the very bottom. I drove it around the block and the clutch started to work less and less. Now the pedal wont come back up to the normal position. It sits 3/4 the way down. I have to manually Lift it back up by hand. Is this telling me that my clutch is toast? Or is it a hydralic problem?

Old 03-06-2010, 01:19 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Clutch slave. Get her flat-bedded to the dealer.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bonehead
Clutch slave. Get her flat-bedded to the dealer.
So this means I need a new clutch?

Old 03-06-2010, 01:52 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porsche997TT
So this means I need a new clutch?
No. Clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, etc are fine. The slave cylinder is the problem. If it needs to be replaced, it's not a small job. Think this was reported some where here a few times. Known problem. Good excuse to get at GT2 conversion

Old 03-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Old 03-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Will they warranty it? There were mixed replies on that thread.

Also by have a Evoms600 ECU Flash will that void anything? Or they wont go that far into the car?

Old 03-06-2010, 02:09 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bonehead
Known problem. Good excuse to get at GT2 conversion
I was just going to say that.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:59 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Does the Evoms tune allow you to flash back to stock when you need to? Depends on the dealer whether they check it and use it against you. Some do, some don't. You might want to do some research in your local area to see which dealer is mod friendly.

Old 03-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by landjet
Does the Evoms tune allow you to flash back to stock when you need to?
That would be a no.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:09 PM
kcturbo is infamous around these parts
I had the same issue last year. Clearly a clutch slave cylinder. Without mods, definitely covered under warranty. It would be pretty tough however, to make a case that the slave cylinder failed as a result of your mods. Particularly since it seems to be a known issue with these cars.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:41 PM
dkreidel is infamous around these parts
Not necessarily the slave cylinder - mine was the clutch accumulator and many others have had the accumulators replaced for this problem.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:03 PM
kcturbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dkreidel
Not necessarily the slave cylinder - mine was the clutch accumulator and many others have had the accumulators replaced for this problem.
Good call. I had forgotten about the accumulator. I just looked at my repair invoice, and when mine was fixed, they replaced the slave cylinder and the accumulator.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:21 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by landjet
Does the Evoms tune allow you to flash back to stock when you need to? Depends on the dealer whether they check it and use it against you. Some do, some don't. You might want to do some research in your local area to see which dealer is mod friendly.
EVOMS and your tuner have access to your stock files and you can go back anytime you want to. At the present, EVOMS only offers bench flashing, meaning you would need to send in your ECU, but it can be done.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:21 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
This is on of the reasons to choose user flashable tune (Softronic, FVD etc).

I have Softronic tune and to flash back to stock is a 5 minute job.

Bench flashing or dealer flashing of tune is soooo yesterdays solution.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by venkatreddytx
This is on of the reasons to choose user flashable tune (Softronic, FVD etc).

I have Softronic tune and to flash back to stock is a 5 minute job.

Bench flashing or dealer flashing of tune is soooo yesterdays solution.
It's a little more complicated than that. There is a flash counter that changes with OBDII flashing but not certain types of bench flashing, so bench flashing is arguably less detectable. Regardless, every flashed car can be discovered by Porsche, if they choose to look hard enough. I am not saying there is anything wrong with the flashable tunes, just that I think they give people a false sense of security. My dealer knows what I am running so I have no need to switch back and forth.

Last edited by sparkhill; 03-06-2010 at 09:00 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Won't Come Back Up