997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

P2100 CEL question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 03:42 PM
cosmokr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by The Bogg
oh damn! just had the motor dropped to change the clutch to Sachs II.5. Oh well, I'll take it in and see what they say. Do you know what the cam problem was? Interesting that you noticed a performance decrease, mine seems to run fine.
Would you be able to shoot me an email at cosmok (at) gmail (dot) com? I have some questions about your clutch change out

Old 06-03-2011, 06:36 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cosmokr
Would you be able to shoot me an email at cosmok (at) gmail (dot) com? I have some questions about your clutch change out
I sent you an email from my hotmail account

Old 06-04-2011, 02:57 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hjacobs2000
The problem as it turned out was the need to replace bank 2 actuator for lift control or variocam actuator on top of cylinder head. It was replaced with a new hydraulic valve and o-ring

While I did not think I noticed any problems while driving before the replacement, it definitely made a noticeable difference after the repair.
I got my car back a couple of days ago. The first time I took it in they replaced the hydraulic valve and o-ring. They told me that the error did not clear so I had to wait for an engine table to be available. I took the car home in the meantime. I dropped the car off a week ago and they did some stuff according to Porsche instructions from Atlanta. Turns out that they had to change the connector at the wiring from the solenoid to the dme. They were then able to clear the fault.

I drove the car and agree with the above statement that there was a noticeable difference below 4k rpm afterwards. So in the end my engine remains a virgin! Hopefully the CEL doesn't come on again (suggesting an actual camshaft problem).