997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

P2100 CEL question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:05 AM
hjacobs2000 is infamous around these parts
P2100 CEL question

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 443.25pt; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" class=MsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=591><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in" colSpan=2>I received a P2100 cel under normal driving conditions (low load and low speed) and reset it with my Durametric. I have since driven 170 mile and it has not come back on nor is there any degragation in acceleration or hesitation under load.

What exactly is this error and any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
P2100

Throttle actuator control motor circuit/open
Implausible signal

Old 03-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Ok same cell again today..... Anyone????

Old 03-08-2010, 08:46 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
May have a leak on the intake side, let the dealer take a look, should be a warranty item.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:13 PM
At the shop, we will see what happens

Old 03-11-2010, 06:42 AM
The problem as it turned out was the need to replace bank 2 actuator for lift control or variocam actuator on top of cylinder head. It was replaced with a new hydraulic valve and o-ring

While I did not think I noticed any problems while driving before the replacement, it definitely made a noticeable difference after the repair.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:49 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Got a P2100 CEL code today, reset with Durametric.
Will wait and see if it comes back on.

P2100

Throttle actuator control motor circuit/open
Implausible signal

Old 08-28-2010, 07:47 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Spoke to Todd/Protomotive and he informed me that Durametric shows up codes in reverse(P2100) and the code would have been P0021.

I have driven over 500 miles since the reset and it has't come back.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:49 AM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
If it's reversed, then shouldn't it be P0012?

Old 08-29-2010, 09:13 AM
AlexM

I didn't word it correctly, duramestric flips the last 2 values as the first 2 values.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:42 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Venkat,
did anything come of it? I just got my first CEL today with the P2100 in Durametric. Car drives fine as far as I can tell.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Funny you ask, the P2100 can back on last month and even resetting it did not help.
Took it to the dealer and they replaced passenger side cam under warranty and error is gone.
The car did feel sluggish with the code on.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:10 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
is it a big job? mine is still under warranty but I'm wondering how long they'll keep the car?

Old 05-06-2011, 08:15 PM
They kept my car for 2 weeks and I did not mind it as I had just purchased a GTR.
It is a big job, they have to drop the motor to do it.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:24 PM
oh damn! just had the motor dropped to change the clutch to Sachs II.5. Oh well, I'll take it in and see what they say. Do you know what the cam problem was? Interesting that you noticed a performance decrease, mine seems to run fine.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Best I can explain the vario cam slips in the cam and the oil holes do not line up.
This cause the cam position to be stuck in a fixed position.

Felt power was decreased below 4K rpm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: P2100 CEL question