997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Evomsit stage 1 997tt tune feedback please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
We have yet to hear anything but constant praise from any of our customers about the EVOMSit software.

It's honestly the best bang for buck out there for the turbo!

Old 03-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Cannga did a pretty good exhaust (Cargraphic) + EVOMSit review

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...odded-ecu.html
Thanks for your info and help bbywu.

Originally Posted by Serpentene
I've been a modder for many years on other cars and swore I wouldn't modify my Turbo but my porsche dealer convinced me to try the EVOMSit tune and if i wasn't satisfied would roll back the stock programming...well let me tell you it feels like an additional 100 HP was added to the car....absolutely love the EVOMS and the fact that it was DEALER recommended and DEALER approved only reinforces my faith in EVOMS technology and support.

I would never advocate a mod unless I first tried it with great success and I 150% advise you to check this software for a test drive.

Its like adding a warp drive engine to the already magnificent motor.

DO IT.
Thanks Serpentene...wish i had the option of taking one out for wee spin....nothing quite like havin that first hand experience upfront. I guess thats the spoils of living over your way . Not that over here is bad by any stretch...excepting of course the crazy prices we pay for our P cars.

Originally Posted by drsullivan
The EVOMSit 550/570r flash is the only mod I have thus far. The power is more linear (I feel very little turbo lag). The flash is an appreciable change in performance over stock. I now pull on my friend's stock 997 GT2. The accelerator pedal, with sport mode off, feels like what it did prior to the flash with sport mode on. This is clearly the best feeling mod I've done on any vehicle.
Sounds great! and thanks .

Originally Posted by sparkhill
I am at 18 months and 6800 miles on my EVOMSit tune. No issues, just a better car. It is the best bang for your buck mod you can do.
Thanks for the input sparkhill .

Originally Posted by gmoney
I had the guys at RSS flash my car soon after installing the cargraphic exhaust. Afterwards I was kicking myself for not flashing sooner.

The flash wakes up the turbos, power and delivery if vastly superior to when the car was not flashed...oh and IM still getting 19.1mpg on avg (weekend car, no commuting). Highly recommend this mod and company, especially if your ordering from overseas.
Oh well that kicking oneself does tend to happen from time to time. Thanks Gmoney .

Originally Posted by RSSmike
Premium Software = Happy Customers!

-mike
Thanks Mike .

Originally Posted by C4SxM5
Evomsti flash + Cargraphic originally then switched to FVD Race (needed something louder). Not sure how you felt when first driving the turbo, but I was a bit nervous with all the power the car had to offer and then became a bit comfortable and to be honest bored after awhile. Then came Alex and the tune and basically I was gripping the steering with both hands and felt that nervousness again x 10 all the way home. Its a must-do mod and I don't think you can go wrong with any of the major turners, but I personally picked Sharkwerks due to they were semi-local to me, great reviews, and Alex/Dan have been a wealth of info. on the forum and off the forum.
Well C4SxM5 youre a lucky man livin around only the corner from SW. My experiences there have been all good to date as well and... know what you mean with the bored after a while thingy. A bit of exitment is often the best remedy for that .

Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Thanks for all of the great feedback guys. We are obviously very proud of our software and I would love to offer Speed21 the opportunity to sample what we have to offer. Speed, if you would like please PM or just email me so I can explain further. Thanks.

rodz@evoms.com
Thanks Rod .

Originally Posted by sharkster
Thanks for all the kind words there fellas... And glad you're enjoying it
Howdy Alex... Hmm there are evidently some good tune offerings over your way eh.....be in touch soon .

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
You will not be dissapointed with EVOMS. It really does transform the car. Power delivery is smoother and the turbo lag is greatly reduced. The ability to automatically switch between maps based on fuel grade is a definite plus too. Put in some 109 and the car turns into a rocket ship...

The great customer service from the EVOMS crew is an added plus. Todd even re-wrote the file for me to suit my driving style. If I had to do it over again, I would not hesitate on which tune to go with.

Also, there are very few great shops like Sharkwerks out there. Since they are a big EVOMS dealer, you will be surely taken care of..
Thanks GotBoost....sounds all good and.. have experienced the great service from the SW guys many times myself .

Old 03-09-2010, 10:04 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Perhaps a stupid question...is the EVOMSit ECU upgrade the same as the GIAC upgrade that is mentioned in Can's sig? Or did he change from one to the other?

Old 03-09-2010, 11:03 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Can somebody pm the price on this tune and the power gains...I'm unable to pm due to my low post count...Thanks!

Old 03-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Nice to see all perfect feedback.. Before we got involved with any 1 company I did some diligent research myself.. I always make it a point to NEVER offer my customers an inferior product option.. This way it can never bite me in the end by selling something my customers will not be 100% satisfied with.. We are proud to be involved with Sharkwerks & EVOMS as well!!!

Mike

Old 03-09-2010, 11:36 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
both my 997TT and CayenneTT have the EVOMsit ECU tune. Very happy.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:52 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NeilM
both my 997TT and CayenneTT have the EVOMsit ECU tune. Very happy.
That's right eh... both girls are done

Old 03-12-2010, 11:01 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Why dont we write down an 60-130 timetable for all 997TT with reflash...just to see differences?i look forward to set up my Vbox and datalog 60-130 time...tiptronic feel is strong...but who knows...

Old 03-14-2010, 06:09 PM
V-man is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I have the Evomsit on my car and love it . My car is 2.5 years old , has 10,500 miles and began it Hp journey with the stage 1 and tubi regular exhaust . I also had the werks 1 intake.

A year later came the rest of the Evt700 setup and then 6 months later came the Tubi race exhaust .

The stage 1 gave a very beautiful increase though the mid range . When the car was stock there was some lag and it just lacked the extra zip .

I must say that I kept getting more impressed as i added more . As excited as i was with stage 1 I practically did a cartwheel on my front lawn when the modified Turbos went on the car . They are such a work of art in that I found the acceleration became more linear and seamless .

One aspect that was important to me was reliability . I really didn't want to buy all these parts (intercoolers, turbos, clutch. etc) and end up with a car in the shop with problems . That was my biggest fear in modding because I am not a technician , nor a pro racer , just dude with a car who liked the idea of creating something special -like automotive art --that i can actually drive and enjoy.

I have been very happy .... and despite how i have felt I do have respect for the other tuners as well. There's a lot of products but I chose one and it worked well.

That my opinion -- I wish you the best in whatever you choose.
i have always enjoyed your comments since i joined the sight i am ready to start my mods on my 08 cab it has a 6 and the chrono my dealer has done tubi with the giac flash i thought this might be my easist way to get the job done here in the chicago land area what interested me was you said you use your car as a dd but have the tubi race exhaust the one thing i must get is more volume from the exhaust if possible like a gt-3 sound i was wondering what you might think

Old 03-23-2010, 02:27 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by skandalis447
Why dont we write down an 60-130 timetable for all 997TT with reflash...just to see differences?i look forward to set up my Vbox and datalog 60-130 time...tiptronic feel is strong...but who knows...

+1 that could be a good measure for all remaps, do it!!! for all of them even better to know that than the HP, who cares about the HP? we just want to go faster...

Old 03-23-2010, 02:37 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skandalis447
We have a 60-130 list which includes nearly all the 997TTs...but it requires a datalog for verification.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...mile-list.html

Old 03-23-2010, 02:39 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
That list is for the highly modded cars.... just a list of just what software remaps do , basic first comers tunes....

Last edited by contigo; 03-23-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:39 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Perhaps a stupid question...is the EVOMSit ECU upgrade the same as the GIAC upgrade that is mentioned in Can's sig? Or did he change from one to the other?
EVOMs used to be a vendor for GIAC. They currently do their own in house tuning, known as EVOMSit. I'll leave it at that as there is an extensive history around this.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Just a final thanks to everyone offering their experiences and feedback on Evomsit etc. Whilst all the feedback ive since read on Evomsit, Softronic Giac indicate they are all really great tunes I ended up deciding on Todd K's Protomotive tune stage 1 for a couple of reasons. 1) Being in Aus and having the convenience of using the cable to flash the ECU instead of removing it and freighting it over to USA and back. and, 2) Todd K on all accounts appears to be a very well recognised and highly skilled hands on tuner over your way particularly with the 997tt tune so, for me personally its a safer and more convenient option for me.
Anyways thanks again guys and I'll definately do a post a little after easter break once ive got it done and, being a fussy customer i'll give you the honest scoop on it . Although i'm confident it'll be all good news.. .

Old 03-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by contigo
That list is for the highly modded cars.... just a list of just what software remaps do , basic first comers tunes....
If you take a look again, ALL cars are represented on that list, including most recently a 7.18 60-130 run with a Switzer ECU flash + exhaust.

bob

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evomsit stage 1 997tt tune feedback please.