997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

best "air-cool" sound exhaust for 997 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:36 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
[quote=speed21;2841977]
Originally Posted by eclou
there is always going to be some slight drone in any system. quote]

Not clear here eclou. Do you mean 997tt exhausts or...ALL exhausts inc atmo P engine exhausts?

Glad to hear you are managing with your AWE's drone level. Are you saying your system could be worse? I'm not totally clear here? Yes, I've heard some 997tt A/mkt systems can be a LOT worse......but how much worse can yours be or, get?

I've read on other posts drone being quoted by some as "being subjective" but that's complete utter BS and, being deceptive. Drone is "drone" in any mans language....it is a condition within an exhaust system whereby the design has not provided for the complete removal of resonance/boom/drone (or whatever term some may choose to call it in a bid to hide or to water the correct term down).

Now...what "may" be subjective is an individuals "tolerance to that drone" and, how bad that particular drone level is in that system. Nothing more, nothing less .
I'm actually not sure if what I have really is drone or just normal. The installer says it sounds normal to him. If the definition of drone is the hummmmmmmmmm in the cabin then yeah there is some part-throttle drone to my AWE, but it's certainly not deafening. When I get my oil changed next I'll get them to check the hangers on the exhaust to confirm that they are good and tight.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:51 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Abby997TT
Your car sounds great!! can't wait to have mine installed . NOW You should make another video outside of the garage

You're going to love that exhaust. I'll try to make another video with a driveby but it sounds like you might beat me to it!

Last edited by TTdude; 05-17-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:59 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
I've noticed that there are two kinds of drones which by definition is resonance. There's the drone where the exhaust can resonates but it is confined to the can. That is what my FVD exhaust can does at certain frequencies. It's actually quite intoxicating. Then there is the kind that resonates throughout the cabin which is the annoying kind. Fortunately, I do not experience the later, at least my sensitivity meter does not notice it.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TTdude
You're going to love that exhaust. I'll try to make another video with a driveby but it sounds like you might beat me to it!
Mine will be installed in a few weeks, currently I have a couple of issues with the car that need to be worked out The wait is killing me...

Old 05-17-2010, 07:28 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Where is the first video?

Old 05-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Old 05-31-2010, 10:07 AM
travisr100 is infamous around these parts
Eclou, I tried to PM you but I can't since I haven't posted enough. I saw you're in Houston. Do you have a tuner here that you'd recommend?

Old 05-31-2010, 11:07 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by travisr100
Eclou, I tried to PM you but I can't since I haven't posted enough. I saw you're in Houston. Do you have a tuner here that you'd recommend?
There are a few options in town.

Autodynamica - Luis Galan runs a top notch shop, just moved to the Woodlands. He can supply you with and install any AWE, EVOMS, Bilstein, HRE stuff. His support is impeccable. I would start here.

ProTechnik - more geared towards track stuff and aircooled cars. May be out of business now

Motorwerks - newer group of guys on Hwy 59 near Chimney Rock. Do work on all marques of cars. Can do Protomotive work. Chris Casares has done alot of Porsche work, as has Akram

Viking Motorsport - the Guru for Porsche track cars. This guy can take any track/race car and make it seconds faster per lap. Works only by referral.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:51 PM
ferri is infamous around these parts
I've noticed that there are two kinds of drones which by definition is resonance. There's the drone where the exhaust can resonates but it is confined to the can. That is what my FVD exhaust can does at certain frequencies. It's actually quite intoxicating. Then there is the kind that resonates throughout the cabin which is the annoying kind. Fortunately, I do not experience the later, at least my sensitivity meter does not notice it.
hello TTdude tks for sharing whicj type of FVD are you using? I was told the "export" version is the best