997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Talk Me Out of Ferrari 360

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:31 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Try looking at the earlier Gallardo's, for me I would have to have one of each! Can't talk me out of my 996TT or my CTT.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:18 AM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
Or try an Aston Martin Vantage. They're not super fast (albeit probably no slower than a 360) and they are cheap as chips these days. Sounds superb, is moderately exotic and you won't get too hurt depreciation-wise.

Frankly, 612s are getting so cheap if I didn't live in Manhattan I'd get one as a DD.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:22 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Seriously, if your on a budget neither car makes a lot of sense. Unless of course you can get an extended warranty on the Turbo. That said, I would get the Turbo.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:04 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
this thread gives me a headache!

the cars you are talking about are all AWESOME...and you have a daily driver....and the budget....and the opinions of many......so what are you waiting for? Can you make a BAD pick here? Its like picking between 2 great steakhouses - you are going to get a killer dinner either way so if you are hungry go eat!!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 10:32 AM
anthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond repute
I am bias towards Porsche because you can get everything you get with the Ferrari, plus you get to drive it everyday if you choose. Also, your con about depreciation and cost is very misleading because you are comparing depreciation to a 3 year car versus and 8 year, and the first several years the prices drop dramatically for both, but the Ferrari's price depreciates substantially every 10k miles you put on the car. Also, one visit to the shop will make you forget the initial cost difference. A joke that we had ever since the 80's is that when you go to the track the guy on the passenger side of the Porsche driver is the owner's buddy, the guy on the passenger side of the Ferrari driver is the mechanic.

Last edited by anthinino; 03-14-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:19 AM
dma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond repute
All this said, I do feel the TT was the right car for me. BUT, I just noticed a 430 FS post here where it was about 10K less than I paid for my 09 TT. It's like a kick square in the nuts, with a steel toed boot.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:55 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dma550
All this said, I do feel the TT was the right car for me. BUT, I just noticed a 430 FS post here where it was about 10K less than I paid for my 09 TT. It's like a kick square in the nuts, with a steel toed boot.
With all the maintenance money you would spend on the Ferrari, you can mod your TT to be one hell of a machine!!

Old 03-21-2010, 07:13 AM
dma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LUCIANO136
With all the maintenance money you would spend on the Ferrari, you can mod your TT to be one hell of a machine!!
Yeah, that was a major component of my choice.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:58 AM
W1N
W1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the rough
Simply if you are comparing 360 and 997 tt you definitely deserve 360. If you would were comparing Italia and 997tt then this thread would be worth commenting.

Good luck!

Old 03-21-2010, 11:24 AM
sdaley is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bbywu
Talk me out of a Ferrari 360? A picture is worth a thousand words...

As one of the many who have struggled with this question, THANK YOU for finally and FOREVER putting this to rest!!!

Old 03-21-2010, 09:09 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Nico
all i know is if your going to be contemplating between an F-car and a 997tt, the f-car should at least be a F430.

in this case, i would go with the 997tt.

What he said. The 360 is not in the same league as 997tt. You wouldnt want to get beat my a 4dr family car like mine would you

go with the 997

Old 03-22-2010, 08:47 AM
GT700 is a splendid one to beholdGT700 is a splendid one to beholdGT700 is a splendid one to beholdGT700 is a splendid one to beholdGT700 is a splendid one to beholdGT700 is a splendid one to beholdGT700 is a splendid one to beholdGT700 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bbywu
And finally, if you don't decide to buy it, you can always call the number and make your reservation:

I love the ad that says "220 mph on the dash"

Too bad it can't get even close to the that speed!

Old 03-22-2010, 08:50 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
This just gets better and better. One of my favorite threads of all time!

Old 03-22-2010, 09:10 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist
Being the OP, I can say this thread hasnt helped me at all. In fact, I stopped reading the thread because those d@mn pictures are so freagin' stupid.

------------------------------------
Note to Chuck: This reply is not a disguised "want to buy".
Going back to your first post, you said, "So chime in guys and give your 2 cents!". You got it.

In your first post you very well outlined the pros and cons based on your criteria. You posed no specific question.

I'd say this thread is rich with 2 cents -- just not in the way that you expected.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:20 AM
W1N
W1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist
Ok. Whatever. Sorry I even posted it and which I could close it.
Dude you can't be serious about comparing 360 and 997tt???

1) This a PORSCHE TURBO section, what do you expect?
2) 360 is like 3000 years old, cool but old

Like I said before, if you have to compare these two go for the 360 and get your *** slaughtered by the base 997 C. I think I wouldn't want that, but if you like to wear the stallion badge over the performance, then you go girl!