997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Anyone know this car/owner?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:30 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lexart
Hope you can help me untangle this bit of mystery. I too, have been following this '07 TT listed on Autotrader
http://tinyurl.com/yebuvee. I recently contacted the seller listed in the add and just received this response from someone claiming to be "Prof.Dr.Jxxx MxCxxxxn"
Now, after seeing your response indicating that you know the owner of this TT, I'm a bit suspicious that 'Prof.Dr' and 'Dino' may not be the same person. Can you shed some light on this mystery car and its owner?
The first listing (AutoTrader) is clearly a scam. At least one of the other listings for the same car is probably legit. The scammer just stole some online photos and is offering a car well below market value. One of the listings offers the at $98K and the scammer is offering it at $70K. Run don't walk away from this one.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:39 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lardog
I can foward your # to Dino. We are all members of Driving Force Club.

lol at people still in car clubs

Old 03-13-2010, 10:49 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
And waiting for lardog to go ape $hit in 5...4...3...2.....

Old 03-14-2010, 01:47 AM
rkuo is infamous around these parts
That last paragraph about using some service to close a deal blah blah blah has scam written all over it. Funny how these scam form letters just stay the same for years.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:50 AM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lexart
Hope you can help me untangle this bit of mystery. I too, have been following this '07 TT listed on Autotrader
http://tinyurl.com/yebuvee. I recently contacted the seller listed in the add and just received this response from someone claiming to be "Prof.Dr.Jxxx MxCxxxxn"
Now, after seeing your response indicating that you know the owner of this TT, I'm a bit suspicious that 'Prof.Dr' and 'Dino' may not be the same person. Can you shed some light on this mystery car and its owner?

I sent Dino a message. He can clear this up. I will post his response and forward it to the people interested.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:56 AM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Yes. Thanks for asking. drivingforceclub.com is a bunch of exotic car owners (most are members here on 6speed) that like to do fast and fun runs around the NY NJ area.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:26 AM
sam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bonehead
And waiting for lardog to go ape $hit in 5...4...3...2.....
haha dont even waste your time on lardog, bonehead(not in the insulting way)

Old 03-14-2010, 07:13 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
LOL at people that make fun of those that actually HAVE the cars they want and get to enjoy their passion

Old 03-14-2010, 10:40 AM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I hated driving my Revo Tuned S4, blown M3 and IS-F...........and I was joking (notice smiling emoticon after first post) I don't have a problem at all with car clubs as it's a great way to meet fellow enthusiasts and talk cars. Be that as it may however, you don't need a car club to enjoy your car.....just enthusiasm and passion!

Old 03-14-2010, 10:48 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I hated driving my Revo Tuned S4, blown M3 and IS-F...........and I was joking (notice smiling emoticon after first post) I don't have a problem at all with car clubs as it's a great way to meet fellow enthusiasts and talk cars. Be that as it may however, you don't need a car club to enjoy your car.....just enthusiasm and passion!
Well put

Old 03-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by lardog
I sent Dino a message. He can clear this up. I will post his response and forward it to the people interested.
I just received an email from the owner.

Re: 997 TT

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #595959; COLOR: #595959" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Larry,

This is why I ****ing hate the internet. This is a scam. Feel free to let everyone know.

My car is currently on consignment at South Shore Porsche in Freeport. I am not directly selling the car.

This Prof. whatever is not me.

Thanks,
Dino

Old 03-15-2010, 05:25 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
The overarching issue here is that there appears to be at least three cars claiming the same VIN. Last I checked, Porsche assigns a unique VIN to each car. They were looking to reduce expenses due to some financial concerns and sales production, but I don't think they resorted to reusing VIN #'S

Oh...And I have some swampland to sell you here in Chicagoland! Reallll cheap.

If it sounds too good to be true......

DC

Old 03-15-2010, 05:35 PM
bijan is infamous around these partsbijan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist
I've been watching this car for a month and the price keeps coming down.

http://tinyurl.com/yebuvee

Does anyone know anything about this car?
what a deal...! Just dropped to $37,800! I'll check it hourly and at this rate by end of the night, it may be given away for free plus a sun shade thrown in!!!

Old 03-15-2010, 05:39 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
There is a different car (white) in your original link now. I suspect, the car at South Shore is legit and the others are not. You have independent confirmation form here and the owner, run a BBB check on the dealership, etc.

If the cars.com listing is by South Shore, it may just reflect more realistic pricing compared to their website; nobody says it has to be listed at the same price everywhere and the dealers can always hope that some idiot just walks in and says, "I will take it" for whatever price is listed on the window.

I would just ask Dino what he will take for the car and go from there. If his price is in your ballpark keep talking, if not keep looking. Just stop talking to Prof. Dr.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:52 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
South shore is a legit dealer, not my first choice, but a high volume legit porsche dealer with a crappy service dept and moderately informed sales guys. Call them, make an offer, hang up and wait 3 seconds they'll call you right back.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone know this car/owner?