997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Can Someone Help with Damptronic Issue???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:04 PM
mact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of light
Can Someone Help with Damptronic Issue???

ok, first of all, my Damptronic didnt snap in half so relax...

But I have an issue with the rear damper...when my installer tried to install rear damper he noticed the PASM wire was cut badly...my question is this, does my entire damper need to be replaced or can just the PASM wire be replaced???...I never took the damper out of box to inspect it as I was in hurry to get it to the installer.

Either way, Im going to need to get something replaced before install complete.

Also, can I have 3 of the Bilstein dampers installed and keep 1 of the OEM ones on there until my part comes in(because who knows how long it will take to get new part whether its PASM wire of entire damper). Or would that be a no no???. Because I think the front Damptronics have already been installed.

TIA.
Name:  DSC01692.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  96.9 KBName:  DSC01693.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  160.3 KB

Old 03-19-2010, 09:25 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Man! If it isn't one thing it's another. I don't have the answer to your question, but I'd start with a call to Bilstein and ask them what you should do.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:31 PM
mact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
Man! If it isn't one thing it's another. I don't have the answer to your question, but I'd start with a call to Bilstein and ask them what you should do.
Damptronics are the work of the devil!...

Old 03-19-2010, 09:37 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Oy! Bilstein obviously doesn't monitor this forum or just doesn't care. Don't have an answer to your question, but my guess is the whole shock will need to go back.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:40 PM
dk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to behold
yeah
I'm beginning to think the same thing
Bilstein must mean SATAN in German!
my coilovers are going on next week and I'm half expecting the engine to fall out right after the install, LOL

Bummer mac, I wouldn't install 3 though, i bet you'd have some serious handling issues. I'd just leave the car with the installer, or have 2 installed and limp home until you can get this resolved with whoever sold you these or SATAN, err I mean Bilstein

Old 03-19-2010, 11:35 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
^^^LOL. Forum really could be so funny. Didn't you notice the serial number starts with 666?!! Just look at the first 2 letters of Bilstein: Bad installation, bad installer!!

Kidding aside, Mac: don't know, no, and yes, absolute no no! (At first I thought you were joking with this last question about 3 Bisltein plus 1 stock.)

Quickest resolution: Call Bilstein California yourself (don't rely on installer), ask for advice, be ready with original receipt from authorized dealer. Possibly: they'll charge you about 900, and immediately send out a new one and ask you to send your damaged one back. If it's shipping damage, then of course money is refunded. As we recently saw, they could be pretty tough if they know installer screws up or if you didn't buy from authorized dealer, blah blah blah, but otherwise they are known for outstanding and generous warranty service, lifetime warranty on the Damptronic.
Oh, and if they know front 2 are already installed, they *might* wonder why severed wire wasn't noticed earlier. So... up to you and may not matter much, but in this situation less info might be better than more.

Hope this helps. I think my answer is about as complete as possible, so anyone posting after this should be banned. Kidding, kidding.

Last edited by cannga; 03-20-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:01 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
If you look at the plug on the end of the cable I think there are only 2 pins. Thus the cable only contains two wires. That cable could very possibly be spliced/repaired depending on how much slack there is on the wiring before it enters the metal tubing. Your tech may be able to fix it but also a good electronics repair shop should be able to fix it easily. Best option would be to send it back to Bilstein in California. The turn around should be just a couple of days and I doubt they would charge you more than $100

Old 03-20-2010, 08:23 AM
dk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cannga
^^^LOL. Forum really could be so funny. Didn't you notice the serial number starts with 666?!! Just look at the first 2 letters of Bilstein: Bad installation, bad installer!!

Kidding aside, Mac: don't know, no, and yes, absolute no no! (At first I thought you were joking with this last question about 3 Bisltein plus 1 stock.)

Quickest resolution: Call Bilstein California yourself (don't rely on installer), ask for advice, be ready with original receipt from authorized dealer. Possibly: they'll charge you about 900, and immediately send out a new one and ask you to send your damaged one back. If it's shipping damage, then of course money is refunded. As we recently saw, they could be pretty tough if they know installer screws up or if you didn't buy from authorized dealer, blah blah blah, but otherwise they are known for outstanding and generous warranty service, lifetime warranty on the Damptronic.
Oh, and if they know front 2 are already installed, they *might* wonder why severed wire wasn't noticed earlier. So... up to you and may not matter much, but in this situation less info might be better than more.

Hope this helps. I think my answer is about as complete as possible, so anyone posting after this should be banned. Kidding, kidding.
seems like good advice...
BTW, Bilstein does monitor this board with some regularity if anyone was wondering. I spoke to Bilstein myself (went to the the closet and pulled out the Ouija board and they told me so) so you may want to choose what you post. Seriously, just call Bilstein and just tell them that you have a damaged wire and ask if they can just send you out a new one ASAP. Since it hasn't been installed yet, it would be pretty hard to say that it was an installation error. Here's the no. if you can't find your own Ouija board 1-858-386-5900

Old 03-21-2010, 11:33 AM
drkbrent is a jewel in the roughdrkbrent is a jewel in the roughdrkbrent is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mact3333
ok, first of all, my Damptronic didnt snap in half so relax...

But I have an issue with the rear damper...when my installer tried to install rear damper he noticed the PASM wire was cut badly...my question is this, does my entire damper need to be replaced or can just the PASM wire be replaced???...I never took the damper out of box to inspect it as I was in hurry to get it to the installer.

Either way, Im going to need to get something replaced before install complete.

Also, can I have 3 of the Bilstein dampers installed and keep 1 of the OEM ones on there until my part comes in(because who knows how long it will take to get new part whether its PASM wire of entire damper). Or would that be a no no???. Because I think the front Damptronics have already been installed.

TIA.
Attachment 119004Attachment 119005
Yep, sure glad YOURS didn't break!!! FYI, you need to take the bull by the horns and call Bilstein yourself...they aren't very quick with their responses to their customers!

Old 03-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by drkbrent
Yep, sure glad YOURS didn't break!!! FYI, you need to take the bull by the horns and call Bilstein yourself...they aren't very quick with their responses to their customers!
Hey Brent,

I hope you dont think Im making light of your situation because trust me, we all feel for you and your situation!...without you we wouldnt know about the cone washer issue...I really hope you resolve your situation soon...although Im rolling the dice with the Damp's if I were you I would prob just do springs/sways and be done with it....GL.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:29 PM
OneFastBeast is infamous around these parts
Bilstein get it fix for sure...

Old 03-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bonehead
Oy! Bilstein obviously doesn't monitor this forum or just doesn't care. Don't have an answer to your question, but my guess is the whole shock will need to go back.
1. You are right, they don't monitor forums. If they did, do you know how many forums they would have to monitor? They make products for a multitude of cars!

2. They do care. What gave you th impression they don't?

Derek's problem in the other thread was not the fault of Bilstein, yet they are rebuilding his broken shock free of charge.

His issues have gone very far up the chain at Bilstein N.A.

I am sorry for sounding a little upset, but your post is just a tad out of line.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
1. You are right, they don't monitor forums. If they did, do you know how many forums they would have to monitor? They make products for a multitude of cars!

2. They do care. What gave you th impression they don't?

Derek's problem in the other thread was not the fault of Bilstein, yet they are rebuilding his broken shock free of charge.

I am sorry for sounding a little upset, but your post is just a tad out of line.
well when I called Bilstein myself, they were well aware of the other thread with Derek. Whether or not that is active surveillance of these message boards is another question. But it was implied that they do read the boards

Old 03-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dk10438
well when I called Bilstein myself, they were well aware of the other thread with Derek. Whether or not that is active surveillance of these message boards is another question. But it was implied that they do read the boards
Oh, they do, but mostly when someone like myself points them in the direction of something worth reading.

They rely on their dealer network to be their eyes and ears on the forums.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:38 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.

That's good to hear. I know some may not agree with me, but, if the "big guns" at Bilstein are reading this: I do think that little washer should probably be included with the kit.

More than one person has made this mistake and the solution so cheap and easy -- it's all about consumer's safety.

Last edited by cannga; 03-22-2010 at 01:12 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can Someone Help with Damptronic Issue???