997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

turbo S coming to US in May?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 09:15 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
turbo S coming to US in May?

Panorama suggests the 911 Turbo S will be available this May in the US. Engine at 530HP with a 3.3 0-60, price $160K for coupe with PDK, PCCB, sport chrome, ctr lock wheels and adaptive spt seats all standard. I wonder if the manual 6-speed is even offered?? Can't imagine driving a turbo with an auto-PDK. Seems like all the fun is in the toilet. Driving one w/o the manual clutch is a bit unsettling to me. I know the PDK is under warranty, but I can imagine the cost to get that so-called "marvel of engineering" fixed. I guess for a couple grand, I may just upgrade my '07 to the 550HP and keep my limited-edition manual.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:57 PM
OCTurbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by johnww
Panorama suggests the 911 Turbo S will be available this May in the US. Engine at 530HP with a 3.3 0-60, price $160K for coupe with PDK, PCCB, sport chrome, ctr lock wheels and adaptive spt seats all standard. I wonder if the manual 6-speed is even offered?? Can't imagine driving a turbo with an auto-PDK. Seems like all the fun is in the toilet. Driving one w/o the manual clutch is a bit unsettling to me. I know the PDK is under warranty, but I can imagine the cost to get that so-called "marvel of engineering" fixed. I guess for a couple grand, I may just upgrade my '07 to the 550HP and keep my limited-edition manual.
turbo S only comes with pdk.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:56 AM
mhh
mhh is infamous around these partsmhh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by johnww
Obviously, you've been away for a while staying at a place without internet. Welcome back.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:13 AM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mhh
Obviously, you've been away for a while staying at a place without internet. Welcome back.
I'm sure they have the internet in Florida. After all we now have it in Australia.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:50 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
the porsche website describes all of the features on the turbo s...many items are standard that are otherwise optional on the standard turbo

Old 03-21-2010, 09:08 AM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by mhh
mhh/gerbs, so sorry about old news, but only thought the 5/2010 may have been a bit hasty for US-delivery and did wonder about avail of manual without a lot of electronic scan-waste. 6-speed just failed transfer to my iphone a few weeks back.

Interestingly, always got multiple adolescent-driven bits on earlier M3/mustang/vette/4cylHonda forums, but now they're popping up on >$130K porsche sites which too could be old news and a missed no-brainer for some but not all.