997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Northern, VA to Southern, NC Road trip-Help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:15 AM
NYNick is infamous around these parts
Northern, VA to Southern, NC Road trip-Help?

We're planning a 12 day trip in the CAB TT, starting from NY to Winchester, VA, and then going to Bryson City, NC to work our way back. Basically, the three high speed trips will be NY-Winchester, Winchester- Bryson City and Charlottesville-NY. The rest is cruise-a-matic along the Blue Ridge Pkwy, Smokey Mtns etc. Stops in Boone, Asheville, Charlotte and Charlottesville are also planned. We're going late April early May because that's our window. I know it'll be a little cool, but perhaps less tourists as well.
You guys have any suggestions about places to go, things to do, roads to drive, things to pack? I've heard it's one of the most beautiful drives in North America, but these cars don't hold much. Maybe a small cooler, sponge, car soap, chamois? Can't fit much with the windstop, but this is what these cars were meant to do!
Thanks guys....

Nick

Old 03-23-2010, 01:54 PM
H-MAN is infamous around these parts
Make sure you hit the tail of the dragon while your in NC.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:24 PM
dksu has a spectacular aura aboutdksu has a spectacular aura about
I went to college in Asheville, NC. The parkway is beautiful. You should stop at Biltmore Estate. http://www.biltmore.com/ . Biltmore is one of the largest homes in the country. It's open to public and you just pay admissions. Sounds like a fun drive.

Last edited by dksu; 03-23-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:01 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
it is a great trip! The Blue Ridge Parkway is just gorgeous to drive. Definately go to the Biltmore. they have a gorgeous hotel there, too. When days are you going? I know there will be a Porsche gathering in Asheville in April and a Boxster gathering in Blowing Rock, NC in May. You could definately hookup with some groups for a day!