997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Anyone know this Cream White 09 TT cab?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Arian23 is infamous around these parts
Anyone know this Cream White 09 TT cab?

My sister is thinking about buying this car and I was wondering if it was anyone's on this board. It seems to be a special order car because it has cream white paint with cocoa interior. We went to the dealer yesterday and test drove it. It is a very nice car. MSRP was $162k. They were asking $129k at the dealer, 125k online and they offered it to her for $119k. Seems like a fair price. Anyone have any input? I attached the link to the car below. Thanks in advance.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/img_po...&isStock=false

Old 03-22-2010, 04:13 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Good looking car; the interior/exterior/options all complement one another nicely.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 PM
NJR911 is infamous around these parts
I agree it is very nice looking color combo.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:32 PM
It looks stunning in the sunlight. But what do you think about the price? They are throwing in a free clear bra too. I have never drive a 911 Turbo and I must say this machine is incredible.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:04 PM
dma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond repute
43K off is a sweet deal. Mine was 32K off and I thought I got the best deal ever. This is beyond the $25K porsche offered. I would check as to when the warranty was punched and how many demo miles may be on it (even since the advert).

Old 03-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Well its preowned with 12k miles so thats why there is a big discount. It has 6 yrs/100k left from when it was first sold (11/08) with option for an extended warranty after that. Its very clean with not a scratch on it.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:23 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Thats is cream white. A great color but very feminine IMO. So perfect for your sister. I do like it a lot though.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 PM
dma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Arian23
Well its preowned with 12k miles so thats why there is a big discount. It has 6 yrs/100k left from when it was first sold (11/08) with option for an extended warranty after that. Its very clean with not a scratch on it.
Ahh, sorry, didn’t see the preowned thing. I would say the tip is reason for the markdown too, just not as popular a seller.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:04 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Arian23
It looks stunning in the sunlight. But what do you think about the price? They are throwing in a free clear bra too. I have never drive a 911 Turbo and I must say this machine is incredible.
Make sure Premier does the clear bra - it is about a mile away from Fletcher-Jones and their work is superb. I have not been following prices, but it seems pretty fair considering the options and CPO.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:05 PM
slickninja is infamous around these parts
I was there yesterday, it might be your family talking to George.

I was checking out the cream color turbo for some time.

I just recently put down a deposit for a Turbo S and was thinking of getting the cream color to complement the two tone seats. I was thinking the same identical option package so the car really helped give me a true visualization.

The color is a bit girly (even George agree) so it's perfect for your sister.

There is a lot of room to negotiate whether if you believe it or not. For instance, go to www.truecar.com and find out what the new car would have cost you and work from there. Always expect 20-30% depreciation from the new.

I got $3000 discount off the MSRP from the Turbo S after grinding through few dealerships. But it works.

What kind of car are you looking for?

Old 03-22-2010, 07:28 PM
slickninja is infamous around these parts
I just ran some number with the truecar.com.

Based on the dealer's cost versus MSRP, it's about 11% difference.

The actual cost for the dealer would be around $144K if brand new purchase.

If you assume about 25% depreciation, the car should be about $108K.
Depreciation factor :
http://www.internetautoguide.com/cos...637/index.html

I think you still have few thousands room to go.

I am not a sexist, but most of the Porsche buyers are guys and we would love to look at a Cream Color Porsche, but owning it? Probably not. They would have a hard time selling this.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:07 PM
I have thought a little more about pricing and have linked the two cabs recently sold through auction.

Pluses: local car, you like the color combo, CPO
Minuses: Tip, mileage higher than average

Tipronic is fine but, with PDK, Tiptronic cars are probably going to take little bigger hit. Hard to know what a great deal is and how low the dealer will go. Some dealers want to move their inventory and others seem content to wait for the right buyer.

If you are $119K though you can probably do better. On the other hand, if you are in love with the car, then you might spend a long time finding one you like as much.

Last edited by sparkhill; 03-22-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:34 PM
v10nut has a spectacular aura aboutv10nut has a spectacular aura aboutv10nut has a spectacular aura about
I just purchased an 2008 cab. I have been looking for a long time. After all my searching that price seems very high. I would make an offer of 104 to 109 depending on how much you love the car. The car I just purchased is in really great condition but it has more miles. it had 34k on the clock and I payed 87K plus they replaced the seats for me from the standard seats to the sports adaptive seats with suede centers and red stitching. My car is also a stick.I had the car inspected by Porsche and all was well. You will take a huge hit at that price.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by v10nut
I just purchased an 2008 cab. ...I payed 87K.
Your purchase looks in line with recent auction prices. The mileage, while realistically not big deal, has a big effect on pricing of these cars. There is still a pretty big drop between year 1 and 2 of ownership. It all comes down to whether the OP's sister wants a 997TT or that particular 997TT. For some it is commodity (best options, best price) and for others it is a bit more emotional (and costly).

Last edited by sparkhill; 03-23-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:41 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Sounds like a nice car. The sticking point is the tiptronic as the PDK really does make a difference. A new car speced to these colors would be about 30K more but some of that would be absobed in the one year newer part. In fact if she ordered a 2011 --it would be 2 years newer and since it's nearly April she may want to wait , save the money and get a car spec'd to everything that she wants brand new(2011) . At 119K there needs to be no doubt that it's "the one".

Also part of the 119K includes that the car was CPO'd . Being that the car is so new it is a a lot extra to CPO it and she ends up paying more for that.

The color is a personal thing but a lot of the new colors like creme, nordic gold, racing green had trouble selling but for the person who loves the car I think it's worth it to buy any color .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone know this Cream White 09 TT cab?