997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Clutch on the floor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:47 PM
cikastef is infamous around these parts
Clutch on the floor

Hey guys,
just looking for some advice on the clutch issue that I am having. The car is a 997TT with 13,000 mi on it. Last night when I came home the clutch was catching really close to the floor. This morning however the clutch when depressed stays on the floor if not pulled back manually. It is impossible to drive in this condition. Do you know what this might be?
Do you know how I can tow my car to the dealer since it is lowered?
Thanks

Old 03-25-2010, 08:49 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cikastef
Hey guys,
just looking for some advice on the clutch issue that I am having. The car is a 997TT with 13,000 mi on it. Last night when I came home the clutch was catching really close to the floor. This morning however the clutch when depressed stays on the floor if not pulled back manually. It is impossible to drive in this condition. Do you know what this might be?
Do you know how I can tow my car to the dealer since it is lowered?
Thanks
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-back-up.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ngagement.html

Old 03-25-2010, 08:52 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
use a flat bed to haul it. very common issue that Porsche fixes when it occurs when what they need to do is issue a recall. My car has been in twice for a fix, still needs another visit.

My dealer found nothing wrong other than my clutch fluid kept dissapearing (with no leaks visible). I think its the slave cylinder or something to that effect. THe dealer has seen tons of them now and will swap out the known faulty part next time I take her in.

Check the fluid, pop the front, take off the driver side plastic thingie and check the level, I bet non is in there. You could top it up and drive to dealer if need be.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:02 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I've had my slave cylinder and accumulator replaced twice now. It's a hassle, but the good news is that PCNA called me to apologize and sent me a $500 certificate to use at the dealer towards parts & accessories.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:53 PM
cikastef is infamous around these parts
Thank you guys.
Yes, you are right, it was the slave cylinder and it is fixed now
All the best!

Old 04-04-2010, 11:19 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
I've had my slave cylinder and accumulator replaced twice now. It's a hassle, but the good news is that PCNA called me to apologize and sent me a $500 certificate to use at the dealer towards parts & accessories.
Damn, if PCNA sent me a $500 coupon I would probably opt for the GT2 Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder Conversion.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:47 AM
tyounker is infamous around these parts
This happened to me and just my luck, the day after I valet parked it! Needless to say I was happy when the dealer told me it was the slave and they replaced under warranty. This happened 5 months ago and sure hope it doesn't occur again. I will NEVER valet again, if something happens to this car I want to know I did it!

Old 04-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Nova87 is infamous around these parts
I don't have this problem but I've noticed that lately when I go to start the car, I'll depress the clutch all the way to the floor, turn the key and get nothing except a "beep" and a msg to depress the clutch. I'll release the clutch and depress it again and again to no avail. So i turn the key to the off position, press the clutch in again and turn the key. After doing this four or five times it finally starts. Almost like something somewhere is not getting the msg that the clutch is depressed.

Any ideas? I will bring it in when I get the chance but was wondering if anyone had ever had this before.

Thanks,

Old 04-05-2010, 01:47 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
mine did it again Friday, I drove my other car to the dealer and grabbed some pentosil, took about a 1/4 cups worth and all was fine. Just dropped the car off this morning for the fix while shes in getting oil change and brake fluid change. Hopefully this is the last time.

Still have no idea where the pentosil stuff is going! It essentially is eating a 1/4 cup of fluid every 2500 miles. No drops anywhere!