997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Introducing Champion Motorsport's 2010 997.1 TT VTG-65GT Upgrade Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor
Louis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Z06
How is this package coming along?
Any VBox testing?

I may want to go to the next level..bigger VTG?!
We do not have a 997.1 in house right now with the full kit installed. We will have 1 next week, and we will definitely get some numbers logged and posted. The 997.2 has kept us very busy in the last few months.

Thank you for your interest..

Old 04-22-2010, 06:38 AM
ttenneb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dcp
How do you guys make billet compressor housings? i saw in another post you mentioned these billet compressor housings, are they cast first then machined or are they really machined out of block of aluminum?
I'm interested to know as well.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Former Vendor
Louis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud of
I love that Photo ^^^

It is actually a trade secret how we actually machined the housings. Yes, they are machined from solid billet aluminum. It extremely difficult to do, and took months and months of refining the tooling and the CNC programming to get this end result. If you have ever looked strait up the outlet of a compressor, you can begin to understand the complexity. You really have to see them and hold them in your hands to believe that they are "the real deal"

Thanks for the interest

Old 06-01-2010, 08:38 PM
alan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of light
I am seriously considering this pkg. All the stuff from champion/werks1 are top notch.

I already have all the Werks components in my car! Very happy with it.

Does this kit require clutch changing to adopt this power?? Also I saw from Champion turbo upgrade pkg picture, I saw spark plugs are included in the pkg as well? Does this equipped car have them?

Best,

Old 06-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
Alan,

We recommend a clutch upgrade when upgrading the Turbos. We have two clutch packages available for our kit. One comes with an Assco Lightweight aluminum flywheel ( 16 lbs Assco VS 28 lbs OEM ) and the other utilizes the stock flywheel. Please pm me for more details as I can not discuss price in a non vendor classified post.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
Alan,

We recommend a clutch upgrade when upgrading the Turbos. We have two clutch packages available for our kit. One comes with an Assco Lightweight aluminum flywheel ( 16 lbs Assco VS 28 lbs OEM ) and the other utilizes the stock flywheel. Please pm me for more details as I can not discuss price in a non vendor classified post.

We also have a separate package that includes all seals, fluids, plugs and o-rings recommend when doing the installation.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:24 PM
mjnsx07 is infamous around these parts
Love the kit.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:37 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! I must say very impressive work!
Robert

Old 06-02-2010, 08:01 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Any modification required of the tiptronic trans?
-Getz

Old 06-02-2010, 08:10 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by getz
Any modification required of the tiptronic trans?
-Getz
Conversion to a 6 speed to regain your manlihood...I keed, I keed (I know getz has a good sense of humor about this)

BTW @ Champion, beautiful looking kit. Someone buy this and give us your impressions!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Very nice! Champion is poised to become the next RUF

Many props to my friends at GIAC

Old 06-02-2010, 08:37 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bonehead
Conversion to a 6 speed to regain your manlihood...I keed, I keed (I know getz has a good sense of humor about this)

BTW @ Champion, beautiful looking kit. Someone buy this and give us your impressions!

My wife stripped that from me so long ago that I have forgotten what it even is :P
-Getz

Old 06-02-2010, 09:17 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Sorry for the OT.

Originally Posted by getz
My wife stripped that from me so long ago that I have forgotten what it even is :P
-Getz
Too funny

You just reminded me of that Mel Brooks movie, History of the World Part I...
The part where he goes to the guy trying to take a leak:
"Keep searching, keep searching, you'll find it!"

Last edited by k_ddsl; 06-02-2010 at 09:20 PM.