997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Introducing Champion Motorsport's 2010 997.1 TT VTG-65GT Upgrade Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor
Louis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud of
Introducing Champion Motorsport's 2010 997.1 TT VTG-65GT Upgrade Package

Introducing our latest update to our 997.1 Porsche 2007 – 2009 Power Upgrade Kit. With the addition of our Latest Billet Compressor Housing 65mm VTG turbo chargers, we have successfully managed to deliver a kit that out performs our previous Werks1 package using only Premium pump fuels, all while retaining the revolutionary Porsche VTG system.
<O</O
What is fitted to the car as tested?
<O</O
- Champion Motorsport 997.1 Upgraded VTG-GT65 turbochargers
- Champion Motorsport 2010 Upgraded intercooler kit
- Werks1 carbon fiber y-pipe
- Werks1 carbon fiber t-pipe with 82mm throttle body
- Werks1 carbon fiber air filter box
- Updated fuel pressure regulator
- Tubi Style 3 into 1 headers
- Tubi Style “Turbo Race” exhaust system (catalyst delete)
- Proprietary GIAC engine calibration software flash
<O</O
The Latest CMS 997.1 kits produce a whopping 587 Wheel HP, with 595 FTlbs of torque in what is now our low boost mode. With the click of a button on the optional GIAC handheld Flashloader, you will switch over to High Boost mode which produces an even more impressive 609 Wheel HP with 610 Ftlbs of torque. These measurements are all recorded on our ultra conservatively setup Mustang 4wheel Dyno. Finally, all of this is accomplished on ordinary Premium pump fuels.
<O</O
Our latest generation of VTG Turbochargers and intercoolers offer a level of efficiency that is so high, that we feel that these kits, as advertised bring the standard 997.1 engine right up to the responsible level of safe tuning without internal modifications. The margins left within this CMS system would easily support further tuning and certainly “High Octane Race Fuel” maps, but this would require internal modifications of the standard 997.1 engine.
<O</O
If you already have a Champion Motorsport Werks1 package, drop me a note so that we can discuss your options for simply updating your existing hardware.
<O</O
For additional product information, please feel free to contact me directly.
For additional sales and pricing information, please write to: sales@championmotorsport.com

Attached Images  

Last edited by Louis@Champion; 03-26-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Former Vendor
Louis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud ofLouis@Champion has much to be proud of
Some Photos of the Werks1 Turbo under development

Attached Images     
Old 03-26-2010, 12:54 PM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Have you tested it with the larger prototype turbo air inlets in carbon you stated about last week ?

Old 03-26-2010, 01:47 PM
FastrTHNu is infamous around these parts
i must say that the area under those curves just look awesome.

~3450 rpm and making 500ft/lbs. Two thumbs up!

Old 03-26-2010, 03:27 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
great staff

Old 03-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Former Vendor
Thankyou. I will post a graph of the boost requested for both power curves early next week.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jiaim
Have you tested it with the larger prototype turbo air inlets in carbon you stated about last week ?
The prototype compressor inlets are not yet completed. Our carbon department is using a state of the art new process for these which leaves the smooth surface on the inside and they want to perfect it before they give me a set to test with. I will see if I can post some photos of the process next week. We have so many interesting projects going on right now I loose track!!! But I will continue to use this forum to post updates. Thank you for following along.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
What makes these results even more impressive is that I was told a stock 997.1 turbo makes approximately 370-380whp hp at the wheels. I hope the owner has a few cups of coffee before he drives that thing!

Old 04-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
What makes these results even more impressive is that I was told a stock 997.1 turbo makes approximately 370-380whp hp at the wheels. I hope the owner has a few cups of coffee before he drives that thing!
Austin, thank you for your comments. We could not have achieved these results without the magic from GIAC.. The best baseline I can find from a previous 997.1 that we did here was 392WHP. So yes we are quite happy with the results.

We just delivered this package today installed onto a 2009 997.1 Tiptronic car. It produced a few less WHP (15 - 18) we think due to the Tiptronic, but it feels quicker to drive. I will post some charts from this car as soon as I get a break here. We also tested this system with the standard Tubi with 200 cell catalysts. I will post some results on that also.. stay tuned..

Old 04-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Former Vendor
A few cool photos to end the week with.

In stock awaiting your cores !!!

Louis

Attached Images    
Old 04-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
This is just WAY too cool!!

Old 04-03-2010, 05:00 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I have 997tt modded VTGs, does it worth it shifting to those VTGs? I mean are they an upgrade compared to modded VTGs? I don't remember exactly the size of mine but i remember that they are bigger than the GT2 ones (internally)

Old 04-03-2010, 05:34 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
this is what i call ART

Old 04-03-2010, 08:19 AM
dcp
dcp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Louis@Champion
A few cool photos to end the week with.

In stock awaiting your cores !!!

Louis
How do you guys make billet compressor housings? i saw in another post you mentioned these billet compressor housings, are they cast first then machined or are they really machined out of block of aluminum?

Old 04-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Z06
Z06 is infamous around these parts
How is this package coming along?
Any VBox testing?

I may want to go to the next level..bigger VTG?!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Introducing Champion Motorsport's 2010 997.1 TT VTG-65GT Upgrade Package