997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Which are the five lightest wheels for the 997 turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 03:46 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
BBS are talking forever to make their FI.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:35 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
shame such a big name in wheels career having this sort of problem i know u're scheduled to receive your set couple of months ago no ?

Old 04-30-2011, 02:33 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Tech1 are always an option

Old 04-30-2011, 07:22 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by milou
Tech1 are always an option
I have had a order with Mike for several months, and still have no build or shipment date. The situation is the same.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:05 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
I have had a order with Mike for several months, and still have no build or shipment date. The situation is the same.
Yeah, same thing happened to me with Tech1. I couldn't wait any longer so I just asked for my deposit back. Mike responded immediately which was really great of him. It seems with custom AM wheels that are made to order, extended waiting is part of the deal. My only recommendation is to inform the customer that it could take months to get them. But then what happens if you ever need a replacement? That's the part that got me most concerned. Will they really make you one wheel? If so, how long would that take?

Last edited by TTdude; 04-30-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:55 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
So I was one of the lucky ones

Old 04-30-2011, 03:40 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
i was about to place an order from mike a month ago they have 18" wheels fit the pccb

Old 04-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Mike should chime in and give some answers. Those wheels are so good he should pay a little more attention to them

I had a chance to get a dymag in my hands a few days ago, they weigh almost the same with tech1. Me and a friend of mine could not tell which is heavier just from picking it up, unfortunately I didn't had the chance to weigh them side by side

Old 05-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
The factory is slammed with orders for forged wheels for every major tuner in the world. It's peak season for wheel orders.
I am really sorry to disappoint.
My low production orders don't get priority

Mike

Old 05-01-2011, 01:48 PM
The factory is slammed with orders for forged wheels for every major tuner in the world. It's peak season for wheel orders.
I am really sorry to disappoint.
My low production orders don't get priority

Mike
shame , best of luck with that mike
i personally dont know why do you guys push it on your self this hard and not make it clear to the costumers and give them a clear finish date from the beginning

Old 05-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
shame , best of luck with that mike
i personally dont know why do you guys push it on your self this hard and not make it clear to the costumers and give them a clear finish date from the beginning
At the risk of stating the obvious, I always give the finish date I am told by our plant.
Unfortunately, things don't always go as predicted.
So I get to hear the customer's disappointment and I do my best to make things right.
And for the record, as soon as I know I will be late, I give the customer the option of an immediate refund, or the choice to wait. It's really the best I can do.
We usually build wheels in batches for a specific application. Sometimes I actually have wheels on hand like these:

Tech1-205 19 inch for Wide Body Porsche (Deep concave)
Tech1-210 19 inch for Wide Body Porsche (Deep Concave)
Tech1-110 20 inch for Wide Body Porsche
Tech1-109 20 inch for Wide Body Porsche.

Any of these can ship right away.

Alas, I don't have everything on hand.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:29 PM
TheVenom is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
my friend has them on his m3 and know someone getting them on his f430. i think bbs has them in stock.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
my friend has them on his m3 and know someone getting them on his f430. i think bbs has them in stock.
cayenne_ksa placed order for two sets one for 997TT and one for 997GT2

Old 05-01-2011, 03:16 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
In Mike's defense (not that he needs to defend himself), he's at the mercy of the production plants. He has kept me up to date and has been very frank and truthful to me about expected production times. It was something I was expecting for specialty item like these wheels.

Mike can only give me production times that the plant gives him.

bob

Last edited by bbywu; 05-01-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:28 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
cayenne_ksa placed order for two sets one for 997TT and one for 997GT2
Yup. The 997TT BBS FI cayenne_ksa ordered from BBS is mine.

Problem is I asked for a custom finish.
It is the Porsche Meteor Grey/Diamond Cut.
We were initially quoted a 6 to 8 week delivery time.
As we approach each delivery commitment, BBS say they need another two weeks.

This has been going on for the better part of 4 months now.
BBS were first saying they were too busy building Formula 1 wheels, now they are saying they are building the Ferrari Challenge wheels, etc...

I guess with the FIs being specialty wheels, if you really want them, and I really really do, you just need to take it on the chin and wait.

cayenne_ksa offered to refund my downpayment or to change my order to something else, but I thanked him and told him I'll wait. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which are the five lightest wheels for the 997 turbo?