997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Which are the five lightest wheels for the 997 turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tech1_Mike
PM sent

Me too plz

Old 04-11-2010, 02:26 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Putting the quotes together:

Champion RS 98: 19x8.5 (8.2 kg), 19x11.5 (9.06 kg)

Dymags: front (7.62kg), rear (9.30kg) (Seem high?? They are actual measured weights by imcarnuts.)

Tech1-110: 19x8.5 (7.53Kg) , 19x11.5 (8.93 Kg)

BBS Fi: 19x8.75 (7.4 kg ), 19x12 (8.9 kg)

I haven't looked up the costs (lazy), but note that there are large differences between the wheels: Dymag 10k? >BBS Fi 7k?>Champion 5.5k?>Tech1 4k? (Please correct me as needed.).
The Dymag weights included center caps and stems (no tpms). Also these are the magnesium center rims. The "new" Dymags have the centers made of an aluminum/magnesium alloy.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Group Buy

Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Me too plz
Dear Shotcaller
We have struggled to find dealers who will STOCK our wheels. Therefore we are, for the current time, selling direct to the consumer at an attractive price.

The group buy price is $3995 a set for 19s. Your choice of style and finish, 4-5 week delivery, guaranteed.

We have most of these blanks on hand. We have only to mill them and send to finish.

Let me know if I can help.

Mike
816/588-3153

Old 04-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Me too plz
PM sent

Old 04-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
Wassup with this group by I want in hope not to late.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:28 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Dear Shotcaller
We have struggled to find dealers who will STOCK our wheels. Therefore we are, for the current time, selling direct to the consumer at an attractive price.

Mike
816/588-3153
Why would you have trouble finding dealers to stock your wheels? They look better than most high performance wheels out there.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by TTdude
Why would you have trouble finding dealers to stock your wheels? They look better than most high performance wheels out there.
The operative word is "stock", as in inventory. Must just be the economic times.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:54 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
The operative word is "stock", as in inventory. Must just be the economic times.
Do dealers have to "stock" your wheels in order to do business with them? For example, Wheel Enhancement which is in my neighborhood doesn't necessarily have "stock" of P40s yet they are an authorized dealer. A customer places an order and then waits for them to be made.

Also, if one ever needs to have a replacement Tech1 wheel for whatever reason, how easily would that be accomodated if even you don't have "stock"?

Old 04-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by TTdude
Do dealers have to "stock" your wheels in order to do business with them? For example, Wheel Enhancement which is in my neighborhood doesn't necessarily have "stock" of P40s yet they are an authorized dealer. A customer places an order and then waits for them to be made.

Also, if one ever needs to have a replacement Tech1 wheel for whatever reason, how easily would that be accomodated if even you don't have "stock"?
We prefer our dealers to have a reasonable inventory. It is one of the ways they earn their profit.
Replacement wheels have to be built from our blank inventory. That's how it works.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
can you do 18?

Old 04-15-2010, 08:47 AM
darmawaa is infamous around these partsdarmawaa is infamous around these parts
Where can i buy bbs f1?
Originally Posted by milou
bbywu,

i have post the prices on the forum several times, i don't know why everybody thinks that they cost 10k or more. About a month ago i contacted BBS Germany asking for info, and this is what they replied

BBS
The FI (Forged Individual) is the high end product of our product range.
It is a forged monobloc wheel which we offer in the following specifications for Porsche 997 Turbo:
19"x8.75, offset 50 (FI010); weight: 7.4 kg
19"x12, offset 50 (FI012); weight: 8.9 kg
The wheel is not for racing purposes but for road use.
We offer several options to individualise this wheel:
Three different finishes (I attached images of each finish):
- sport silver
- black / diamond cut
- ceramic polished
Possibility to drill the hub in a way the original Porsche logo can be used (instead of a BBS logo)
Additional rim protector to avoid scratches etc. if you hit the curb.
Due to the options for individualisation this wheel type is not available from stock but can be produced in a period of 4-6 weeks after receipt of the order.
The recommended retail price per wheel is
€ 1200,00 (silver finish)
€ 1250,00 (black / diamond cut finish)
€ 1400,00 (ceramic polished finish)
+ extras like special drilling and rim protector.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:55 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by darmawaa
Where can i buy bbs f1?

Germany

Old 04-15-2010, 09:01 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Putting the quotes together:

Champion RS 98: 19x8.5 (8.2 kg), 19x11.5 (9.06 kg)

Dymags: front (7.62kg), rear (9.30kg) (Seem high?? They are actual measured weights by imcarnuts.)

Tech1-110: 19x8.5 (7.53Kg) , 19x11.5 (8.93 Kg)

BBS Fi: 19x8.75 (7.4 kg ), 19x12 (8.9 kg)

I haven't looked up the costs (lazy), but note that there are large differences between the wheels: Dymag 10k? >BBS Fi 7k?>Champion 5.5k?>Tech1 4k? (Please correct me as needed.).
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
The Dymag weights included center caps and stems (no tpms). Also these are the magnesium center rims. The "new" Dymags have the centers made of an aluminum/magnesium alloy.
Duffy, **GREAT** job with measuring the Dymag weights! I searched multiple times with google, including Dymag web sites and official documents, and believe it or not, yours was the one and only trustworthy and published weights on this wheel I could find.

Re. the center disc/spoke, since magnesium is lighter than aluminum, the gen. 2 if anything might be heavier. Regardless of the slightly higher weights compared to the very best and latest, Dymag is still among THE prettiest and lightest wheels out there -- in this aspect, is unique. I would love to have them on my car.

Last edited by cannga; 04-15-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:32 AM
997Turbo_Mike is infamous around these parts
Update on the BBS FI's - I have been intouch with both BBS USA and Vivid Racing. BBS USA has ordered a number of FI's for the 997 Turbo to have in stock. In this first order they are only in silver or black. I do not have an ETA. They can be ordered through Vivid Racing. Vivid has been great to work with. Now for the important part - the 19X8.75 and the 19X12 in silver or black are $2,020 per wheel. Same wheels in black/diamond cut will be $2,180. Certainly not cheap; less than the Dymags but higher than some of the estimates on this site.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:48 AM
darmawaa is infamous around these partsdarmawaa is infamous around these parts
Any shops that can ship overseas?
Originally Posted by milou
Germany

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which are the five lightest wheels for the 997 turbo?